TESTERS WANTED! ×

best place to buy custom Mizuno JPX919 HM Pro online?

stevenbkk

I am back on this forum after many years away... forgot user name and login long time ago so started a new profile.  

It is time to retire my i20's (which I hit way too high and miss left 99% of the time) so I went for a fitting where I am currently living, in Norway.  It was a fairly extensive session hitting most options and the clear winner was JPX 919 HM Pro.  I had some issues with the fitter as he refused to write down the numbers he was getting as we went and refused to use the Swing DNA saying he knows better.  It was a free fitting with no obligation to buy so I was totally upfront that I would not be buying, but rather comparing, when I made the appointment.  But he still wanted to keep info to himself.  Regardless, the ball flight and dispersion were miles better with the HM Pro / KBS 90 combo so it was plain to see even without knowing the numbers.  Unfortunately I was totally swung out by the time he had me hit CTaper Lite and he paired it with the forged version, which did not work well at the time for me.  I will try to get a backup quick comparison with Swing DNA at my course this week, who have a free fitting day this week, first with the C Taper Lite and Modus 105 before swinging 100 times with others.  

Now to my question...  Here they want $1200 for the set 5-PW with 3-4 weeks waiting.  That is too much $ but with 25% sales tax and high cost of living here there is no way around it.  Money does matter for me so I need to make a smart purchase.  I will be visiting my family in LAX at the end of next month for a week so it seems much better to order in the US, where I can get the same for $750 or get 5-SW for $1000 (2 clubs more for $200 less!).  My question is, what are some of the most reliable places to order online?  I understand they just flip the order to Mizuno who then assembles and ships. Is this correct?  I would love to get fit back in LA but being there only a week would mean I would not have time to get custom order and would need to buy off the rack - which is the mistake I made with i20's!  I want ribbed grips (which I used until getting i20s) so I know I will need to at least have the grips changed but if the shaft remains KBS 90 then I will need a custom order. 

Any advise on best options to order? 

:755178188_TourEdge: XCG7 4wood  :ping-small: I-20  :adams-small: Adams Super Hybrid XTD 19 

yururi-logo350Yururi Raw Gekku Wedges 53 and 57 gel-logo-w-web-ad.jpgGel Hurrion Putter

**Drivers all junked in the basement

Welcome back to the forum!   Roger Dunn and Golf Town both have stores in LA.  I've read good positive reviews so you may also want to try them as well.  If you already know your specs, have your family in LA order it ahead of time and have it shipped to them.  It will be ready for you when you get there. Of course you may not want to spend time with the family, instead opting to hit the links to try out the Mizzys 😁😂🤣

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

3 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Of course you may not want to spend time with the family, instead opting to hit the links to try out the Mizzys 😁😂🤣

Exactly my plan! 🤣   Have new clubs waiting so I "have to" go test them on the course a few times. 

:755178188_TourEdge: XCG7 4wood  :ping-small: I-20  :adams-small: Adams Super Hybrid XTD 19 

yururi-logo350Yururi Raw Gekku Wedges 53 and 57 gel-logo-w-web-ad.jpgGel Hurrion Putter

• 3 weeks later...

I'd also say carlsgolfland.com. Click the set, then click customize and you can pick individual clubs, and go through any shaft you want, and they show you if there is an uncharge right in the drop down list. And since Mizuno lets you pick almost any grip for free, they have those too.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

I also have a guy near me that I've bought from numerous times. He own an indoor golf center and got me a really good deal on a blended set of hot metal pro/forged. I can put you in touch with him if you want. Found him through Facebook's Golf Club Traders' group and have gone down for a fitting/lesson/pick up things i've bought tons of times. Solid guy.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

I am back on this forum after many years away... forgot user name and login long time ago so started a new profile.  
It is time to retire my i20's (which I hit way too high and miss left 99% of the time) so I went for a fitting where I am currently living, in Norway.  It was a fairly extensive session hitting most options and the clear winner was JPX 919 HM Pro.  I had some issues with the fitter as he refused to write down the numbers he was getting as we went and refused to use the Swing DNA saying he knows better.  It was a free fitting with no obligation to buy so I was totally upfront that I would not be buying, but rather comparing, when I made the appointment.  But he still wanted to keep info to himself.  Regardless, the ball flight and dispersion were miles better with the HM Pro / KBS 90 combo so it was plain to see even without knowing the numbers.  Unfortunately I was totally swung out by the time he had me hit CTaper Lite and he paired it with the forged version, which did not work well at the time for me.  I will try to get a backup quick comparison with Swing DNA at my course this week, who have a free fitting day this week, first with the C Taper Lite and Modus 105 before swinging 100 times with others.  
Now to my question...  Here they want $1200 for the set 5-PW with 3-4 weeks waiting.  That is too much $ but with 25% sales tax and high cost of living here there is no way around it.  Money does matter for me so I need to make a smart purchase.  I will be visiting my family in LAX at the end of next month for a week so it seems much better to order in the US, where I can get the same for $750 or get 5-SW for $1000 (2 clubs more for $200 less!).  My question is, what are some of the most reliable places to order online?  I understand they just flip the order to Mizuno who then assembles and ships. Is this correct?  I would love to get fit back in LA but being there only a week would mean I would not have time to get custom order and would need to buy off the rack - which is the mistake I made with i20's!  I want ribbed grips (which I used until getting i20s) so I know I will need to at least have the grips changed but if the shaft remains KBS 90 then I will need a custom order. 
Any advise on best options to order? 

You can get them brand new for less than $900 from Discount Dan’s, NO TAX, NO SHIPPING. How do I know? I bought a brand new set from them! Just give them your specs, and you’re good-to-go. None of this “used” stuff!!!
Just email sales@discountdans.com for a price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On 7/14/2019 at 3:32 AM, PMookie said:

You can get them brand new for less than $900 from Discount Dan’s, NO TAX, NO SHIPPING. How do I know? I bought a brand new set from them! Just give them your specs, and you’re good-to-go. None of this “used” stuff!!!
Just email sales@discountdans.com for a price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In the end that is exactly who I used. They were great to deal with and great price.  Clubs already arrived even though I have not!!  Will always check there first when I need new gear. 

I posted another thread about a bad experience with another golf retailer... just want to be clear that it is not DiscountDan's.  They were the best deal and great service!!!