Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Lie Angle on new set of irons

Whats up spies  

My question is, if I just bought a new set of irons- should my lie angle adjustment from the previous set be the same with the new set. 

Bought and played Miura CB 1008, they were not forgiving enough for me, so I took a step back and traded them in for Mizuno JPX 919 Forged. 

I was a lie angle 63.5 with the Miura CB 1008 7 iron, would I also be w 63.5 with the JPX irons?

Thanks. 

Stock for a CB-1008  7 iron was 61.0;  the JPX 919 forged 7 iron is 61.5.   This is per the manufacturer specs.

For the record,  there is no standard between companies or club models for iron specs.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

43 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Stock for a CB-1008  7 iron was 61.0;  the JPX 919 forged 7 iron is 61.5.   This is per the manufacturer specs.

For the record,  there is no standard between companies or club models for iron specs.  

That part I understand. My question is since my fitted adjusted lie angle on the CB1008 was 63.5 would I also be a 63.5 in the Mizuno? 

There are some variables to this but in general yes they should be the same.   If you have different shafts or the heads are significantly different weights you may need a different lie angle to deliver the club correctly. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

There are some variables to this but in general yes they should be the same.   If you have different shafts or the heads are significantly different weights you may need a different lie angle to deliver the club correctly. 

Ok cool. Thanks I appreciate the response. 

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

Yes they are the same shaft by the way, Modus 105 S

3 minutes ago, Pandaman said:

Please correct me if I am wrong here,

But if they happen to be different lengths, whether or not it is the same type of shaft, then that could affect lie angle a bit.

Was going to say the same thing. Different length may require a change in lie angle as well with longer clubs typically playing at a flatter lie angle and shorter clubs a more upright angle.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Your question is simple but the answer is much more complex. The short answer is, “maybe” and “maybe not”.

My recommendation is to get fitted. The fitter will be able to look at all your measurables over a series of shots to provide you a lie angle that best accentuates your desired ball flight. This result may or may not change from one product to another. The only way to verify that information is to chart your numbers.

Great irons by the way. I spent 2 hours hitting them yesterday. I currently use MP-5s. The performance gains with the forged 919s with stiff graphite shafts was significant. I’ll be ordering mine after a fitting next week.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges.