Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

jlukes' Fitting Journey

null

16 hours ago, benkross said:

Great review. I too love Ian Fraser and TXG. I've done a NY Golf Center fitting and a Club Champion fitting. Was set on going to Toronto to get fit by Ian, but now your review is getting me thinking. 

Agreed on the "great review" part.

As for TXG - I was fit by Ian at TXG in Sep. It was awesome. Replaced everything, but my trusty putter. Wrote a bit about the clubs tested in the WITB forum. Well worth the time and money. Wish it was closer so I could go back more often for gapping sessions or tune-ups as needed.

:taylormade-small: M5 12* - ACCRA TZ6 55 M4 - 1.5* open, weight back & toe

:titelist-small: TS3 16.5* - ACCRA FX 2.0 370 M4 - B1 setting, neutral weight

:titelist-small: 818 H1 21* - TENSEI White 90 S - C1 setting, neutral weight

:mizuno-small: MP-20 MMC 4-PW - PX LZ 5.0 110g - 2* flat & 2* weak

:mizuno-small: T20 50.07*, 54.12*, 60.06* - PX LZ 5.5 115g - 2* flat

:scotty-small:  Newport 2 - 33"

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Agreed on the "great review" part.
As for TXG - I was fit by Ian at TXG in Sep. It was awesome. Replaced everything, but my trusty putter. Wrote a bit about the clubs tested in the WITB forum. Well worth the time and money. Wish it was closer so I could go back more often for gapping sessions or tune-ups as needed.
I will be looking for your reviews. Btw, I've started to create playlists of all of TXG's YouTube Video by topics. I've tried to think of how people may want to view collections eg 2020 Drivers or Golf Model Year Comparisons (eg M5 vs Sim). Not done yet but I've indexed everything back to July 2019. One of them is here

Feel free to suggest other playlists.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

image.png.1415d20f5fde9c8e2717e5529344485f.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• 2 years later...
On 6/25/2019 at 1:58 PM, Golfspy_Lukes said:

ts11.jpg

Fantastic write-up (and congrats again on the Mod Pos!) - I've been trying to convince myself to make an appt. at the TS here in SoCal, and just haven't been able to get there yet.  I've actually been to that NYC store - such a beautiful place - I would go in and just wander around and drool 🙂

Love that they actually helped your game (or, it certainly seems that way) - that's been my bigger worry, is that it wouldn't make that huge a difference, as I'm still working through lessons/swing changes.  But even if it was just to get a sense of where I could use the help/don't need it, would be huge. 

Awesome stuff, and congrats again!

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

10 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

Fantastic write-up (and congrats again on the Mod Pos!) - I've been trying to convince myself to make an appt. at the TS here in SoCal, and just haven't been able to get there yet.  I've actually been to that NYC store - such a beautiful place - I would go in and just wander around and drool 🙂

Love that they actually helped your game (or, it certainly seems that way) - that's been my bigger worry, is that it wouldn't make that huge a difference, as I'm still working through lessons/swing changes.  But even if it was just to get a sense of where I could use the help/don't need it, would be huge. 

Awesome stuff, and congrats again!

While they definitely made an impact on my game, the biggest impact was to my wallet and to my mindset.  I know with 100% certainty that my clubs fit my swing.  There is no more "oh that was a bad shot, maybe it was the shaft or the driver head".  Nope, all on me.  So I have a lot more confidence in what I am gaming because I am no longer playing golf equipment roulette!

23 minutes ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

While they definitely made an impact on my game, the biggest impact was to my wallet and to my mindset.  I know with 100% certainty that my clubs fit my swing.  There is no more "oh that was a bad shot, maybe it was the shaft or the driver head".  Nope, all on me.  So I have a lot more confidence in what I am gaming because I am no longer playing golf equipment roulette!

I'll let you know how my latest bet (on PXG-black) goes after this round 😉 

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track