TESTERS WANTED! ×

Rogue iron replacements from Callaway

Doubtful that you'll see flash face irons...JMO

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

For all of you mid to high caps here (especially the more "seasoned" ones),

I switched from the Apex irons to the Rogue X about a month ago. Probably the most unlikely decision I've ever made with golf equipment. These things were a real eye opener for me, between the surprisingly nice feel, and of course the forgiveness and distance.

I'm waiting on the 5 iron I'm adding to my set, and I'm a HUGE fan of 5 hybrids @ole gray 😉. I'm about to drop a little over two points on my index come 7/1 and it's thanks to these beauties. Don't be afraid to give them a try at the closeout pricing or at CPO. The best way I can describe them is as PING G irons on steroids, LOL.

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

2 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

For all of you mid to high caps here (especially the more "seasoned" ones),

I switched from the Apex irons to the Rogue X about a month ago. Probably the most unlikely decision I've ever made with golf equipment. These things were a real eye opener for me, between the surprisingly nice feel, and of course the forgiveness and distance.

I'm waiting on the 5 iron I'm adding to my set, and I'm a HUGE fan of 5 hybrids @ole gray 😉. I'm about to drop a little over two points on my index come 7/1 and it's thanks to these beauties. Don't be afraid to give them a try at the closeout pricing or at CPO. The best way I can describe them is as PING G irons on steroids, LOL.

Yea someone talked me into trying a 5 hybrid recently and I'm happier than a pig in a slop eating contest! 🏌️‍♂️

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

3 hours ago, ole gray said:

Yea someone talked me into trying a 5 hybrid recently and I'm happier than a pig in a slop eating contest! 🏌️‍♂️

Yep....just added a 5 hybrid, along with a 4 hybird and enjoying them.  Think I'm going to put a 3 hybrid in the bag next.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I currently play 6 thru gap in the rogue x. Also play 4 & 5 hybrid in Rogue x. The irons where a shock to me due the distance, feel and forgiveness. Very accurate. The hybrids are long and forgiving. I think that Callaway mis-marketed these irons. They are a wide variety of golfers that would enjoy these and are they much more impressive than the regular Rogues.

I am just wondering now what Callaway is going to replace these irons with seeing the already outstanding performance

On 6/27/2019 at 3:08 AM, Michael Bradley said:

I currently play 6 thru gap in the rogue x. Also play 4 & 5 hybrid in Rogue x. The irons where a shock to me due the distance, feel and forgiveness. Very accurate. The hybrids are long and forgiving. I think that Callaway mis-marketed these irons. They are a wide variety of golfers that would enjoy these and are they much more impressive than the regular Rogues.

I am just wondering now what Callaway is going to replace these irons with seeing the already outstanding performance

Try the 3 hybrid. It's a bomber,

You're right about the X's being marketed badly initially (in theory only though, because I heard they sold better then anything in the '18 line up), but then word of mouth overtook that. I don't equate newer with better, especially with clubs like the Apex cf 16 &19, and drivers like the Epic & Epic Flash or 400 Max and the 410. Callaway waited 3 years to update the cf16 Apex's, and the '19's are great, but really they just tweaked the loft and modified the shape very slightly. Those '16's, along with the Epic and G400 Max drivers were "Mt Rushmore" type releases. You couldn't expect them to pull that off again so soon.

The Rogue X's aren't quite in that ground breaking territory, but they're pretty damn close. In my opinion they took GI and SGI clubs to a new level. I laughed at them when they were released, but thankfully I got on board before they disappeared. I saw too many guys, even high single digits, improve with them in the bag, and now it's happening with me. I honestly don't know why anyone would choose another GI or distance iron over this set, but to each their own.

Everyone knows what's best for them. Some like a certain look, some are brand loyal. Personally, I want the most forgiving, high and straight iron I can play. The fact these checked those boxes and increased my distance was a big win for me. My only concern going in was the bottom of my bag. Wedges, etc. That turned out to be no issue at all. I went 52 and 58, problem solved. Now I'm a club to a club and 1/2 longer from 3 hybrid down to the 58*, with perfect gapping.

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”