TESTERS WANTED! ×

MACHINE Putters Picture Thread

Choeppner

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys,

I wanted to share with you a few sneak peek photos of a of two new Prototype Hand Made Green Tools Dave has been working on.

These are pretty wild, but I think you might recognize some of the design features?

Obviously these two below are the single prong variety (which we have been getting more and more requests for), but Dave also plans on making some with two tines.

And they come with a couple of surprises - one outside and another on the inside.

They still have a little more work to go to taper the spike on the ball marker, and refine the brush (used to remove debris from your VMG and TMG grooves).... But they are getting pretty close, so I thought I would show them off at this point. These can be anodized, engraved and hand stamped, etc. for further customization.

Dave is also making some hand made leather and some Kydex sheaths for these that clip to your belt, pants or pocket, etc. I'll show those when they are complete.

Hope you enjoy these new MACHINE green tools!

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MGT_Hand_Made_Disco_GT_x2_PT.jpg

MGT_Hand_Made_Disco_GT_x2_PT_exp1.jpg

MGT_Hand_Made_Disco_GT_x2_PT_exp2.jpg

MACHINE Custom Putters Rep

Feel free to contact me with any questions at:

Choeppner@Doglegright.com

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone had a great Monday. I wanted to share some pics of a Custom MACHINE that was just completed for a customer.

This MACHINE Features a Custom Aluminum Bronze M10 Fixer Head with a 303 Stainless Plumber Neck and a Custom Mokume Medallion.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_M10F_tour_PebblePine_MGLM_10c.jpg

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great week so far!

I wanted to share some pics with you of a Custom MACHINE that was recently completed for a customer.

This MACHINE features a Custom Left Handed M10 Mini Head, This head was milled from 1018 Carbon and then finished in a Morning Dew Satin Nickel Plate Finish.

The hosel on this MACHINE Mini is a Custom Modular Center Shaft Hosel.

This MACHINE also features our Thread Milled Groove Face Milling.

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_M10_Mini_LH_G_Ridao_WIP_15c.jpg

MP_M10_Mini_LH_G_Ridao_WIP_15f.jpg

MP_M10_Mini_LH_G_Ridao_WIP_15s.jpg

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great week! I wanted to share with you some photo's of a Custom MACHINE that Dave is in the process of building for a customer.

This MACHINE features an Aluminum Bronze M1A Adjuster head with an Aluminum Bronze Standard Length Plumber Neck and a Custom Mokume Medallion.

Still more work to go, but she is coming along nicely :)

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_M1Aa_H_Lee_WIP_7c.jpg

MP_M1Aa_H_Lee_WIP_8c2.jpg

MP_M1Aa_H_Lee_WIP_8c3.jpg

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone had a great Veterans Day weekend. I wanted to share pics of a Custom Left Handed MACHINE that was just completed for a customer.

This MACHINE Features an Aluminum Bronze M2A Converter Head with an Aluminum Bronze Heavy Blade Back Flange, a Standard Length Plumber Neck and a Black Delrin Spacer.

The Medallion on this MACHINE is a Black Anodized Alloy Medallion.

This MACHINE has been finished in a Light Antique Patina Finish.

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_M2AA_LH_G_Ridao_10c.jpg

MP_M2AA_LH_G_Ridao_10ch.jpg

MP_M2AA_LH_G_Ridao_10f.jpg

MP_M2AA_LH_G_Ridao_10st.jpg

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great week. I wanted to share with you some pictures of a Custom MACHINE that was just just completed for a customer.

This MACHINE features a Custom Billet Copper M2A Converter Head with a 1018 Carbon Deep Bite Bongo Back Flange and a 1018 Carbon Modular Center Shaft Hosel. The Neck and Flange have been finished in our Hot Salts Gun Metal Blue Finish.

The Shaft on this MACHINE is a Black Vibrant Shaft.

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_M2A_Cu_ModCS_DB3_A_Rebuck_15c.jpg

MP_M2A_Cu_ModCS_DB3_A_Rebuck_15ch.jpg

MP_M2A_Cu_ModCS_DB3_A_Rebuck_15ad.jpg

MP_M2A_Cu_ModCS_DB3_A_Rebuck_15f.jpg

MP_M2A_Cu_ModCS_DB3_A_Rebuck_15s.jpg

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great week. I wanted to share some pictures of a Custom MACHINE that was just completed for it's new owner :)

This MACHINE features a 303 Stainless M2A Converter Head with a Red Anodized Alloy Medallion, a 303 Stainless Deep Bite Bongo Back Flange and a 303 Stainless Modular Center Shaft-Shaft Over Hosel.

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_M2A_DB3_J_Miles_WIP_12c.jpg

MP_M2A_DB3_J_Miles_WIP_12ch.jpg

MP_M2A_DB3_J_Miles_WIP_12f.jpg

MP_M2A_DB3_J_Miles_WIP_12s.jpg

MP_M2A_DB3_J_Miles_WIP_12ad.jpg

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone had a fun and safe Thanksgiving. I wanted to share with you some pictures of a Custom MACHINE Work In Progress.

This MACHINE features a Custom 303 Stainless M2A Converter Head with a 303 Stainless Heavy Fat Back Step Back Flange and a 303 Stainless Half Offset Full Slant Plumber Neck.

Next up for this MACHINE is for Dave to Apply a Custom Torch Finish. This MACHINE will also be receiving a Custom Anodized and Engraved Alloy Medallion.

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_M2A_J_Meador_PGA_WIP_8c.jpg

MP_M2A_J_Meador_PGA_WIP_8ch.jpg

MP_M2A_J_Meador_PGA_WIP_8ad.jpg

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great night :) I wanted to share with you a Custom MACHINE that was just completed for a customer.

This MACHINE features a Custom Damascus Steel M10 Adjuster Head with a Damascus Steel Half Offset, Full Slant Plumber Neck. The Medallion is a Copper Medallion.

The Head and the Neck were finished in our Hot Salts Gun Metal Blue FInish.

Thanks in advance

-Chris

Damascus1.jpg

Damascus2.jpg

Damascus3.jpg

Damascus4.jpg

Hey Guys,

I hope that everyone is having a great week. I wanted to share with you a Custom MACHINE that is in the process of being built for a customer.

This MACHINE features a Custom Damascus Steel M1A Adjuster Head with a Damascus Steel Dot Pill Cut Plumber Neck. The alignment aid is a Custom Triangle Sight Dot.

The Damascus grain is very faint in this state, but will come out more as the putter goes through the various finishing steps including acid etching and the final gunmetal bluing processes. There is still alot of hand finishing to do, including melting the bumpers and softening other edges and refining the overall finish.

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_M1Aa_KS_Quek_ART_WIP_7c.jpg

MP_M1Aa_KS_Quek_ART_WIP_7ch.jpg

MP_M1Aa_KS_Quek_ART_WIP_7ch_ih.jpg

MP_M1Aa_KS_Quek_ART_WIP_7f.jpg

MP_M1Aa_KS_Quek_ART_WIP_7s.jpg

MP_M1Aa_KS_Quek_ART_WIP_7s_ih.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great week. I wanted to share some pictures of a Custom MACHINE that Dave just finished for a Customer.

This MACHINE features a Left Handed 303 Stainless Davey's Locker Putter with a Custom 303 Stainless Hand Bent Hosel. The Bumpers on this MACHINE have been hand ground for a more flowing look.

The Head and Neck were finished in a Custom Rainbow Torch Finish.

Thanks in advance

-Chris

DLR_Prize_LH_J_Baumeister_fin_15c.jpg

DLR_Prize_LH_J_Baumeister_fin_15ch.jpg

DLR_Prize_LH_J_Baumeister_fin_15sf.jpg

DLR_Prize_LH_J_Baumeister_fin_15f.jpg

DLR_Prize_LH_J_Baumeister_fin_15ad.jpg

Hey Guys,

I wanted to share some more pictures of a Custom MACHINE ART Putter that was completed for a customer.

This MACHINE ART Custom Features a 1018 Carbon M4 Meritage Head with a 1018 Carbon Hand Bent Hosel and a 1018 Carbon Deep Bite Bongo Back Flange.

The Head, Neck and Flange have all been finished in a Custom Case Colored Finish.

The Medallion on this MACHINE is a Custom Engraved Damascus Steel Medallion.

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_M4_Meritage_DB3_HBH_CaseHard_20c.jpg

MP_M4_Meritage_DB3_HBH_CaseHard_20ch.jpg

MP_M4_Meritage_DB3_HBH_CaseHard_20f.jpg

MP_M4_Meritage_DB3_HBH_CaseHard_20ad.jpg

MP_M4_Meritage_DB3_HBH_CaseHard_20s.jpg

Hey Guys,

I wanted to share one more Custom MACHINE that was just finished for a customer :)

This MACHINE features a Custom 1018 Carbon M2A Converter Head with a 1018 Carbon Hand Bent Hosel and anAlloy Double Fat Back Flange with melted bumpers.

The Head and Hosel are finished in our Hot Salts Gun Metal Blue Finish and the Flange and Medallion were finished with a Black Anodized Finish to match the Head and Hosel while keeping the Head Weight Down.

This MACHINE weights 365 Grams with 4 Tungsten Weights installed in the Adjustable Weight Ports.

The Face Milling is our TMG-16 Face Milling.

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_M2A_N_Grew_20c.jpg

MP_M2A_N_Grew_20f.jpg

MP_M2A_N_Grew_20s.jpg

Hey Guys,

Here is another Custom MACHINE that Dave completed for a Customer :)

This MACHINE features a Custom M20 Prototype Head milled from 303 Stainless with a 303 Stainless Fat Back Flange with modified pill cuts and a 303 Stainless BBQ Rib Hand Bent Hosel.

The Bumpers have been melted for a Smoother Look and the Head, Neck and Flange have all been finished in a Custom Torch Finish.

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_M20_Proto_ART_FB_R_Rosen_21c_w-GMG.jpg

MP_M20_Proto_ART_FB_R_Rosen_21c_F.jpg

MP_M20_Proto_ART_FB_R_Rosen_21ch_F.jpg

Hey Everyone,

Here are some photos of our new M9 Putter shown here in 303 stainless with a perpendicular sightline on the back of the topline, a Mokume Gane Logo Medallion, a 5-Striper No. 9 Flange and the first prototype of our new Laid Back Gooseneck hosel.

This Gooseneck hosel is the Full Shaft Offset version, and with this setup provides a toe hang of approx. 4:45 on a clock face. There will also be a half shaft offset version, and of course we'll do custom hand bent profiles as well for other specs such as quarter offset, three-quarter-offset, etc. Possibly even a Zero Offset version.

The Gooseneck Hosels can be married to any of our MACHINE Putters for those that like and benefit from this laid-back gooseneck. They are the same weight as our Plumber Necks, and like all our heads, necks and flanges, are milled entirely in our shop here in Plano, Texas for the best in quality, precision, fit and finish, customization options, feel and performance.

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_M9_Proto2c_fo_Goose_1_WIP_12ad.jpg

MP_M9_Proto2c_fo_Goose_1_WIP_12c.jpg

MP_M9_Proto2c_fo_Goose_1_WIP_12ch.jpg

MP_M9_Proto2c_fo_Goose_1_WIP_12th.jpg

Hey Guys,

Here is a little sneak peek of a new, ultra-tricked out custom I'm calling the "Big Bore" putter series. This is the first prototype of a M1A Big Bore putter.

The new design concept involves making traditional designs even more forgiving by increasing their heel toe weighting in a visible way that also makes them easier to align and more confidence inspiring. The use of multi-material construction also makes them even more soft, yet solid feeling. And I think pretty cool looking too! lol

We've increased the heel toe weighting with larger bore weight cartridges. In this first prototype the outer barrel is 303 stainless for strength. The middle sleeve is heavy weight Tungsten. The inner core is Naval Brass, one of the softer "red metals". Everything is machined and turned in-house in our shop here in Plano, TX for the highest precision and quality we can make. A very significant amount of hand work and hand finishing goes into their production.

The Big Bore putters also feature strategic use of denser /heavier and softer materials in the medallion in the central cavity. This prototype even has a slightly domed sightline insert made from soft Naval Brass. By making the cavity medallion in these softer metals, we can now improve feel over a thick face no cavity putter for instance. The softer denser metals trap vibrations and mute the sound and therefore improve the feel.

We're also experimenting with Copper, Copper Tungsten, and multiple Mokume Gane and even solid gold (gold is denser, softer and heavier than tungsten and therefore makes a superior material in the right application).

Off course the face mill patterns, neck design and shaft and grip all play significant roles too, and we'll be showing off new designs and technologies for each of those components as well.

I am excited about the look, feel and performance of this new Big Bore design series. We will be posting more photos and combinations starting tomorrow.

In the mean time, I hope you enjoy the photos!

Thanks in Advance!

-Chris

MP_M1A_BigBore_Proto1c.jpg

MP_M1A_BigBore_Proto1ch.jpg

Hey Guys,

Attached below are some more photos of the MACHINE Big Bore Protoype with a new Short Modular Center Shaft over hosel. This neck allows for a Toe Hang setup (vs. the Face Balanced setup of the standard length Mod CS neck).

You can also see more of the head of the putter and topline, which many players prefer. Dave also added a Mokume Gane insert - once again for a more soft, yet solid feeling.

Oh, and Dave added a Saltwater Crocodile Gripmaster grip to a Smoke Black Vibrant shaft....just because!

Hope you enjoy the photos!

Thanks again,

-Chris

MP_M1A_Big_Bore_ShortModCSo_c.jpg

MP_M1A_Big_Bore_ShortModCSo_ad.jpg

Hey Guys,

We are having fun exploring more and more customization with the new MACHINE Model M9 heads and breaking new ground and pushing the envelope with these classic styles, creating new looks, fitting and performance options for our customers.

The putter in the photos below started out with a Stubby Plumber neck. The customer has used that short stubby plumber neck with a lot of success on other M1A, M2A, M10 and M20 models. However, with the M9's more compact size and more heel shafted setup, the toe hang was just too much for his stroke with the M9.

So, we went from the Stubby all the way up to a Long Plumber Neck. The trick then was to get the weight the same as it was before but with the longer neck which is normally 20 grams heavier than the Stubby. The result is a new combination of a heavily skeletonized hosel cup and stem, removing 10 grams (now weighing the same as a standard length plumber neck). We then made the cavity pocket deeper to take out another 10 grams.

From the sound of the texts, the customer is very pleased with the look and performance of the new neck!

We look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_M9_ProtoART1_B_Hicks_Skeleton_R30c.jpg

MP_M9_ProtoART1_B_Hicks_Skeleton_R30ch.jpg

MP_M9_ProtoART1_B_Hicks_Skeleton_R30f.jpg

MP_M9_ProtoART1_B_Hicks_Skeleton_R30s.jpg

MP_M9_ProtoART1_B_Hicks_Skeleton_R30ad.jpg

Hey Everyone,

Please see attached sneak peek of a new Custom M1A Fawn Bongo MACHINE for 2013:

This is the first Bongo Thru-Cut model in a M1A Adjuster head. It is outfitted here with another Skeletonized Long Plumber neck like the one shown in the M9 posted earlier.

The basic design principles, features and benefits of the new Bongo Cut models are as follows:

• The Bongo Cuts Remove weight from the center of the putter in a way that increases visual alignment benefits, and create a heavier mass and weight ratio in the heel and toe, thus increasing MOI and forgiveness.

• We add discretionary weight weight back in the heel and toe in Naval Brass and / or Tungsten Copper user-adjustable weights, further increasing the putter's MOI and forgiveness

• The soft metals used in the weights and (in this case) Mokume Gane insert all help provide an even softer yet solid feel.

• The thread mill grooves (TMG) or VMG face mill also add to the softer feel and an improved roll and also take weight from the center of the head.

Everyone that has had a chance to putt with these really seems to be blown away by the looks, feel, forgiveness and roll of these new models.

Therefore we're rolling these designs out in just about all our models as yet another custom option for 2013.

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_M1AA_Fawn_Bongo_SkeletonLPN_MGLM_c.jpg

MP_M1AA_Fawn_Bongo_SkeletonLPN_MGLM_ch.jpg

MP_M1AA_Fawn_Bongo_SkeletonLPN_MGLM_fh.jpg

MP_M1AA_Fawn_Bongo_SkeletonLPN_MGLM_s.jpg

MP_M1AA_Fawn_Bongo_SkeletonLPN_MGLM_ad.jpg

Hey Guys,

We do realize that some of our wildest designs are not everyone's cup of tea, but we do think our modular designs and virtually endless array of customization options does allow us to create the putters that our customers want most, from traditional to modern and very tricked out high tech putting machines.

All these putters shown here started as very traditional designs, but then are morphed and transformed into something new. Something old, something new.

If anyone has any questions about MACHINE Putters, feel free to contact us at Customerservice@Doglegright.com

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_M1A_Big_Bore_amp_M1A_Fawn_Bongo_Skeleton_LPN_2x_c.jpg

MP_M9_1st_Run_x3c.jpg

MP_M9_M1A_M20_M2A_Bongos_x3pt5_c_4x.jpg

You guys are doing some absolutely beautiful work. The Gooseneck's are gorgeous btw...

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great week. I wanted to share some pictures with you of a Custom MACHINE M9 that was just completed.

This MACHINE features a Custom 1018 Carbon M9 Head with a 303 Stainless Flange and a 1018 Carbon Full Shaft Offset Gooseneck Hosel.

The Head and Hosel were finished is a Custom Oil Quenched Hand Torched Finish. The Flange is finished in a Morning Dew Satin Finish.

The Medallion on this MACHINE is a Custom Raindrop Pattern Mokume Gane Medallion.

This MACHINE weighs 365 Grams after the weights were installed.

Thanks in advance,

-Chris

1-MP_J_Vincent_Sales_Sample_M9c.jpg

2-MP_M9_1018_TOQ_303No9L_Goose_1c2.jpg

3-MP_J_Vincent_Sales_Sample_M9ch.jpg

4-MP_M9_1018_TOQ_303No9L_FO_Goose_1s.jpg

5-MP_M9_1018_TOQ_303No9L_Goose_1ad.jpg

Hey Guys,

I wanted to share with you one more Custom MACHINE Putter that was just completed.

This MACHINE features a Custom Damascus Steel M10 Adjuster Head with a Custom Tig Welded Damascus Steel Hand Bent Hosel. The Head and Hosel have been finished in our Hot Salts Gun Metal Blue Finish.

The Medallion on this MACHINE is a Custom Damascus Steel Medallion with a Custom Torch Finish.

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_J_Vincent_M10_D_c.jpg

Archived