PMookie

PMookie goes to Valhalla!!!!

That is way cool.  It's such a beautiful course. 

• Like 1

Awesome!!!   Don't get intimidated!  Just enjoy the round!!

A friend of mine got invited to play Firestone many years ago.  He had the worst round of his life because he was afraid to take a divot; the grass was so pretty!!  Play it like any other course.

• Like 3

Awesome!!!   Don't get intimidated!  Just enjoy the round!!
A friend of mine got invited to play Firestone many years ago.  He had the worst round of his life because he was afraid to take a divot; the grass was so pretty!!  Play it like any other course.

I was joking with a buddy that I golf with here that I may actually score better at Valhalla than our pub-links just because I’ll be hitting off of plush grass! Our course can be hit and miss whether one is on grass or dirt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 4

That looks amazing Mookie! Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PMookie said:

I played well for stretches, but got on the bogey-train for a good stretch of holes. We had a one-hour rain/lightning delay just as we hit the 12th. That ended-up costing me some money because I bought another shirt and poker chip... I had already bought a hat and polo! emoji23.png I also took the opportunity to take a bunch of pictures around the clubhouse. My favorite was the board with all of the scores from each day of the 2008 Ryder Cup. So cool.

What a fantastic experience!!!  Great pictures!  That will be a round to remember, for sure!

And because you took a bunch of pictures.....  🤣

• Like 1

Pretty cool!!! I JUST noticed this on my bag as they hung it from a loop on the back, and I hadn’t pulled the bag out of my travel cover since the trip!
IMG_9725.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

What fun!  Great score as well!  I've played your friend's course Gibson Bay several times.  Excellent track.  Prob won't be back until next Spring, but I'll have to remember to look him up when I'm there.

• Like 1

What fun!  Great score as well!  I've played your friend's course Gibson Bay several times.  Excellent track.  Prob won't be back until next Spring, but I'll have to remember to look him up when I'm there.

Jason Eberle, Head Pro at Gibson Bay. We grew-up together in Ypsilanti, MI, so if you’re a Michigan fan, Ypsi is right next door to Ann Arbor. He was one of my closest friends in grade school, and he’s a heck of a guy now. Always in a good mood, and a ton of fun to play golf with. His two kids are really good golfers at their age as well! They play in a ton of Jr tournaments around Kentucky.

• Like 1