Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2019 College Football

fixyurdivot

2019 FBS Winner  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2019 Championship?

• Alabama
    • Clemson
    • Georgia
    • Florida
    • Notre Dame
    • Michigan
    • Texas
    • Ohio State
    • Oklahoma
    • LSU
    • Washington State
    • UCF
    • Kentucky
    • Washington
    • Syracuse
    • Penn State
    • Army
    • Fresno State
    • Utah State
    • West Virginia
    • Boise State
    • Texas A&M
    • Utah
    • Iowa
    • None of these (let us know who)

This poll is closed to new votes

On 7/2/2019 at 9:00 PM, Kor.A.Door said:

Nope, because every year there is a team that “deserves” to be there, but because there are only 4 teams, someone gets left out. Auburn already beat Alabama that year which kept them out of the conference championship game.  why should Alabama have gotten another chance? As I said, it isn’t perfect, but conference champs should always go I over teams who don’t win with identical records, especially if the team doesn’t even play in the conference championship game. Alabama is the college football poster team so they will get the nod over anyone, regardless of whether it is deserved or not, unless they have 2 losses, but in the SEC there aren’t 2 teams that can beat them (maybe this season) but in years past the only team that had a chance was Georgia. I’m not saying that they aren’t good, or that they didn’t have a good season, but I have always felt if you don’t win the conference you shouldn’t get the opportunity at the national championship. Everyone has there own opinion on this, and that’s fine, this is just how I feel about it. They really need to go to some sort of playoff with 8-10 teams, by that doesn’t seem to be on the horizon any time soon. 

Disagree there. You want the 4 best teams in the CFB playoff, just as the committee has stated. Not the 4 best teams that are conference champs.
The committee obviously made the correct choice seeing as the Tide rolled in the playoff.
That Alabama team was a perfect example of a team that was extremely injury depleted at the time of their loss. In fact, they only played one game all year that their opponents were within a touchdown of them. Every team in the country that had a chance to get in the playoff, had at least one loss. Hell, the first team out of the playoff was a 2 loss OSU team. There is no shot that they were more deserving of a playoff spot having 2 losses including one being a 55-24 BLOWOUT to Iowa!
It's pretty easy to see the correct choice was made.

Moving on to this season, I just can't see a way that it's not either Alabama and Clemson or Georgia and Clemson.

But that's the beauty of college athletics, it'll prolly end up being none of the above. That's what makes it fun.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

14 hours ago, Shankster said:

It’s so...

Terrible isn’t it...?

Maybe this time we can get Bama, Georgia, Auburn, and LSU in the final 4?

Inject this straight into my veins!!! Imagine the amount of butthurt that the rest of CFB would have lol

3 hours ago, Undershooter said:

Disagree there. You want the 4 best teams in the CFB playoff, just as the committee has stated. Not the 4 best teams that are conference champs.
The committee obviously made the correct choice seeing as the Tide rolled in the playoff.
That Alabama team was a perfect example of a team that was extremely injury depleted at the time of their loss. In fact, they only played one game all year that their opponents were within a touchdown of them. Every team in the country that had a chance to get in the playoff, had at least one loss. Hell, the first team out of the playoff was a 2 loss OSU team. There is no shot that they were more deserving of a playoff spot having 2 losses including one being a 55-24 BLOWOUT to Iowa!
It's pretty easy to see the correct choice was made.

Moving on to this season, I just can't see a way that it's not either Alabama and Clemson or Georgia and Clemson.

But that's the beauty of college athletics, it'll prolly end up being none of the above. That's what makes it fun.

Georgia, Alabama and Clemson will all 3 most likely get into the playoff since there isn’t going to be a challenge to them within their conference. the 4th team will probably be Oklahoma based on the horrible conference they will get to walk through again. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I'm just glad the usual suspects are posting on this topic...Kor.A.Door, Shankster, Undershooter, etc...always a good discussion, especially on Mondays to talk the weekend games. I love this time of year with everyone thinking this is their year, but in the back of our minds, we know there's only 4-6 teams that have a legitimate chance barring major injuries to skill positions. 

I voted Georgia, but I don't know if they have the mental capacity to last 4 qtrs in the SEC championship game against Saban again. Bama and Clemson will be stout. I don't know why people downplay OU, they just got Bamas former starting QB and have produced the last two Heismans. OUs defense is suspect but they've got plenty of offensive talent. Texas is WAYYY overhyped but I love it. They'll still have 9 wins but they'll stumble to some lowly teams along the way. 

Final 4 prediction: Bama, Clemson, OU, Ohio St. 

Not-so-hot take for this season: Harbaugh is done at Michigan after this year. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

2 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

Georgia, Alabama and Clemson will all 3 most likely get into the playoff since there isn’t going to be a challenge to them within their conference. the 4th team will probably be Oklahoma based on the horrible conference they will get to walk through again. 

Alabama and Clemson's schedules are extremely week. I'd be surprised if they lose a game in the reg season without major injuries to key players. Georgia's schedule is pretty decent but shouldn't kill them either.

OU offense likely won't miss a beat with Jalen stepping in a QB. I hope he has a killer season.

3 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

I'm just glad the usual suspects are posting on this topic...Kor.A.Door, Shankster, Undershooter, etc...always a good discussion, especially on Mondays to talk the weekend games. I love this time of year with everyone thinking this is their year, but in the back of our minds, we know there's only 4-6 teams that have a legitimate chance barring major injuries to skill positions. 

I voted Georgia, but I don't know if they have the mental capacity to last 4 qtrs in the SEC championship game against Saban again. Bama and Clemson will be stout. I don't know why people downplay OU, they just got Bamas former starting QB and have produced the last two Heismans. OUs defense is suspect but they've got plenty of offensive talent. Texas is WAYYY overhyped but I love it. They'll still have 9 wins but they'll stumble to some lowly teams along the way. 

Final 4 prediction: Bama, Clemson, OU, Ohio St. 

Not-so-hot take for this season: Harbaugh is done at Michigan after this year. 

Ohio most likely will have to be undefeated, depending  on Alabama and Georgia. If Alabama has 1 loss and Ohio has 1 loss. Alabama will go hands down regardless of anything else. If Georgia, Ohio, and Oklahoma all have 1 loss I think Oklahoma May be left out. If Ohio and Georgia have 1 loss then it becomes difficult, and I think Ohio because of the conference championship would go. There really is only 6 teams that have a chance 7 if you count ND. Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio, Oklahoma , Washington. ND if they can manage to go undefeated. Those are the only teams that have a chance to get in the final 4. I would consider 2 of them locks. If Georgia has 1 loss or less they are 98%, they are out if 2 of the other 4 teams are undefeated. It will be interesting to see how these teams fare throughout the season. 

2 hours ago, silver & black said:

I doubt my Buckeyes will make much noise this year, but ya never know.

I always root for the "state" colleges... they are the epitome of college football IMHO.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

10 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I always root for the "state" colleges... they are the epitome of college football IMHO.

It will depend on how well the new coach does.... and the QB, which will probably be Martell. I might be wrong, but I think it will be a down year for Ohio State.

It will depend on how well the new coach does.... and the QB, which will probably be Martell. I might be wrong, but I think it will be a down year for Ohio State.

What... 11-1?

That one loss isn’t coming from the north either.

I don’t think your team will skip a beat. In fact, I think it will be just the opposite, a renewed/refreshed team.

My team on the other hand. Is a crapshoot... it’s like a box of chocolates... but an off brand kind, so it’s even more so a guessing game on what you’ll get.

3 hours ago, silver & black said:

Perhaps, but they always find a way it seems.  There are a lot of programs around the country that would give their eye teeth for one Ohio State down year 🙂.

21 hours ago, Shankster said:

Harbs done? I don’t think they can get anyone else. Who the heck wants to go to Ann Arbor?

I think Michigan should take a run at Matt Campbell at Iowa State, David Shaw at Stanford or maybe roll the dice with Charlie Strong (if he has a strong year at S Florida) or Dino Babers at Syracuse. 

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • Lefty

Am I the only one who thinks Peyton Manning would make a better college football coach than insurance TV commercials?

Am I the only one who thinks Peyton Manning would make a better college football coach than insurance TV commercials?

I couldn't take him serious with that goofy grin, big forehead and Nationwide jingle in my head. But I picture his practices similar to his SNL United way sketch... Man that was hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Lefty

Thursday 8am at Notre Dame stadium ticket office can’t come soon enough.Im like a kid waiting for Santa 🎅. This years home schedule is a little weak imho. I’m going there to get tickets for Virginia Tech and USC at home. Will be a complete mad house for sure. Lines will be super long and I’m sure people will be camped out over night like it was Black Friday 

Keep it in the short stuff

1 hour ago, txgolfjunkie said:

I couldn't take him serious with that goofy grin, big forehead and Nationwide jingle in my head. But I picture his practices similar to his SNL United way sketch... Man that was hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Never saw that, will need to check it out.

... too funny (warning parental guidance recommended) 🤣

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=peyton+manning+snl+united+way&&view=detail&mid=479C21975BF90420AA17479C21975BF90420AA17&&FORM=VRDGAR

A few F-bombs, so I won't include the link.  But if you really want a belly buster, google Robin Williams golf skit. It's not only funny as hell, but so very true. 

rolling.gif.1e6523c80ca28c4a39deb73ddd239967.gif

14 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

A few F-bombs, so I won't include the link.  But if you really want a belly buster, google Robin Williams golf skit. It's not only funny as hell, but so very true. 

rolling.gif.1e6523c80ca28c4a39deb73ddd239967.gif

IT'S MAGICAL

Really? Never saw this coming.  Just a little extra motivation for The Tide 😄.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/college-football-amway-coaches-poll-top-25/ss-AAFbEQb?ocid=spartandhp

My irish at the #9 spot seems about right.  Actually, if they play to that or better at seasons end I'll be happy.  

GO IRISH!!

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Haha. Who ever picked those is drunk. Michigan at #7...? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji15.png

I think you will be pleasantly surprised... well, except for the loss on 10/26 🤗.

• 2 weeks later...

I need some of the SEC and ACC folks on this thread to speak their minds on who will contend with Bama, UGA and Clemson this year. 

Is Florida St going to return to dominance? They seem to have a high number of blue chips on their team but it doesn't mean squat if your QB is mediocre. 

Is Mizzou for real or just hype with the Boyd at QB? Is Florida a real contender in the SEC East? 

Can/will LSU win in Austin this year? Herman gets up for big games only to get tripped up against a lesser opponent later on so this will be a good test but does LSU's offense move the ball better than in previous seasons? 

Thanks from a Big 12 homer. 

• Lefty

I am not ACC or SEC but I do live right in the middle of SEC/ACC country, and work with tons of ACC / SEC fans. The simple answer is NO. There will be no one contending with those 3 teams this season. The toughest game for Clemson this season will be at home vs. Syracuse. Florida state is horrible right now, LSU is meh. Missouri always looks good early then they play a decent team and get whacked. Florida could be interesting though, they did have a decent year last year, but I don’t think any of them will be good enough to compete with the top 3. 

I am not ACC or SEC but I do live right in the middle of SEC/ACC country, and work with tons of ACC / SEC fans. The simple answer is NO. There will be no one contending with those 3 teams this season. The toughest game for Clemson this season will be at home vs. Syracuse. Florida state is horrible right now, LSU is meh. Missouri always looks good early then they play a decent team and get whacked. Florida could be interesting though, they did have a decent year last year, but I don’t think any of them will be good enough to compete with the top 3. 

I truly think Boston College will be the National Champs this year....

It’s their time....... isn’t it?

Saw the news that Martell will not be the starter at Miami. This made my day. 

Edited by patrickleeleep

Driver-  :taylormade-small:  2016 M2 12* Tensei Red Stiff

Wood(s)- :ping-small:  G400 5 Wood 16.9*/ 7 Wood 21.1* Alta CB Stiff

Irons-:mizuno-small:   JPX 900 Forged 6-GW NS Pro 950GH 

Wedges- :cleveland-small:   RTX 3 54*  588 RTX 2.0  58*   RTX 4 64*

Putter-  :taylormade-small:  Spider Tour Black 

Instagram- @patrickleeleep

On 8/12/2019 at 11:21 AM, Kor.A.Door said:

Alway lurking in the background are injuries at key positions.