TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 College Football

fixyurdivot

2019 FBS Winner  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2019 Championship?

• Alabama
    • Clemson
    • Georgia
    • Florida
    • Notre Dame
    • Michigan
    • Texas
    • Ohio State
    • Oklahoma
    • LSU
    • Washington State
    • UCF
    • Kentucky
    • Washington
    • Syracuse
    • Penn State
    • Army
    • Fresno State
    • Utah State
    • West Virginia
    • Boise State
    • Texas A&M
    • Utah
    • Iowa
    • None of these (let us know who)

This poll is closed to new votes

On 8/17/2019 at 6:56 PM, Shankster said:

Where did summer go?

Some of it heads to Yuma, AZ 😀.  We just had our first day over 90 here in the Ruby Valley, MT.  I'm hoping for one of those "Indian Summers" that last, unlike last year when it felt like someone flipped the weather switch.  I suspect all the football players look forward to cooler temps however.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 8/17/2019 at 7:56 PM, Shankster said:

2 weeks! Crazy. Where did summer go?

I don't want summer to be over but I'm tired of 114* "real feel" temps outside at the same time.

IT'S TOO DAMN HOT SAN DIEGO!

Edit: For the record, I live in MS

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

2 hours ago, Undershooter said:

I don't want summer to be over but I'm tired of 114* "real feel" temps outside at the same time.

IT'S TOO DAMN HOT SAN DIEGO!

Edit: For the record, I live in MS

I have a hard time getting excited to attend outdoor college football games in the month of September. The number of times I've fought off heat stroke and ass blisters while watching football and sitting on metal bleachers is far too many. I'll see you folks mid-October!  

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

On 8/12/2019 at 11:31 AM, txgolfjunkie said:

I need some of the SEC and ACC folks on this thread to speak their minds on who will contend with Bama, UGA and Clemson this year. 

Is Florida St going to return to dominance? They seem to have a high number of blue chips on their team but it doesn't mean squat if your QB is mediocre. 

Is Mizzou for real or just hype with the Boyd at QB? Is Florida a real contender in the SEC East? 

Can/will LSU win in Austin this year? Herman gets up for big games only to get tripped up against a lesser opponent later on so this will be a good test but does LSU's offense move the ball better than in previous seasons? 

Thanks from a Big 12 homer. 

Nobody in the ACC will compete with Clemson unless Clemson has on off day.  And that probably wont be enough for a Clemson loss.  Florida State is headed in the wrong direction for the next couple of seasons.  Current upperclass roster doesn't fit the new coaching staff philosophy.  Which means very young players playing in games they aren't ready for.  And/or players trying to fit a scheme that is ill-suited for their skillset.  But that bodes well for the future.  Nothing compares to on-field experience for young players.

The only caveat could be Virginia Tech.  This will be the first season Fuente has a roster full of "his guys."  I only bring this up because Bud Foster is set to retire after the season.  If VT can reach the ACC Title game against Clemson, they could ride the emotions of Fosters retirement to an upset.  But that is a very big ask!

Florida vs Miami tonight.

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

57 minutes ago, DawgDaddy said:

Florida vs Miami tonight.

Yup, here we go.

Am I alone in thinking the level of play in college football is going by way of the level of play in college basketball over the past decade?

This game is brutal to watch!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

It has definitely lost some appeal. It isn’t as pure as it used to be, too commercial.

Much like everything else nowadays, it has to be hyped up, and a huge production...

I used to love watching college ball because it didn’t feel like a WWF event like the NFL does.

Hard to tell the difference anymore.

It's all about the $$$.

Sadly true.

Don’t have a swoosh or Jordan on your jersey?

I’ll go to UCLA it’s much warmer there.

Honestly I don’t know how your team and my team recruit anyone.

Ann Arbor isn’t a very nice place, and my one trip through CBus I wasn’t won over by its beauty.

13 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Sadly true.

Ann Arbor isn’t a very nice place, and my one trip through CBus I wasn’t won over by its beauty.

LOL.... no kidding. Columbus is........... I'll just not go there. I'm closer to Cleveland, which is a very cool city with a lot to offer. I've never been to Michigan, so, I can't say anything.

That game was a s*** show and had so many sloppy plays whether it was penalties, fumbles, etc. 

I sure enjoyed it though! haha

Driver-  :taylormade-small:  2016 M2 12* Tensei Red Stiff

Wood(s)- :ping-small:  G400 5 Wood 16.9*/ 7 Wood 21.1* Alta CB Stiff

Irons-:mizuno-small:   JPX 900 Forged 6-GW NS Pro 950GH 

Wedges- :cleveland-small:   RTX 3 54*  588 RTX 2.0  58*   RTX 4 64*

Putter-  :taylormade-small:  Spider Tour Black 

Instagram- @patrickleeleep

19 hours ago, Shankster said:

Sadly true.

Come on down to Clemson.  We have warm weather and the occasional snow day where everything shuts down 😎😆

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

I enjoyed the Florida/Miami game...I wish there were more rivalry games right out of the gate. Instead of packing the majority of rivalry games into the last two weeks of the season, have one on week one and one on week two to get fans fired up. Can you imagine if Bama/Auburn, Texas/OU or Mich/Ohio St were to play this weekend? Those fan bases would be chirping all summer! 

And you can't judge the overall college football landscape when your only sample is The U. Very few schools are as flashy as Miami when it comes to sideline antics. This is like watching the Spurs play basketball and then declaring the entire NBA is a snooze-fest. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

13 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

And you can't judge the overall college football landscape when your only sample is The U. Very few schools are as flashy as Miami when it comes to sideline antics. 

Sadly, a bunch of idiot Miami fans attacked the Florida marching band after the game.  The band director was hospitalized and several band students were treated by paramedics at the scene.

My wife was in marching band for five years at an ACC school.  She said the Miami and West Virginia trips were always horrific!  She has a visible scar from her left eye to her left ear from being hit with a battery during her final trip to Miami.  It needed more than two dozen stitches to close.

On 8/24/2019 at 8:42 PM, sixcat said:

Am I alone in thinking the level of play in college football is going by way of the level of play in college basketball over the past decade?

This game is brutal to watch!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

It's the first game of the season... still some rust not yet removed during the spring and summer drills. 

On 8/25/2019 at 8:05 AM, Shankster said:

It has definitely lost some appeal. It isn’t as pure as it used to be, too commercial.

Much like everything else nowadays, it has to be hyped up, and a huge production...

I used to love watching college ball because it didn’t feel like a WWF event like the NFL does.

Hard to tell the difference anymore.

You just need to start watching the lower division program games... still like the good ol' days.

Interesting article on the "dynasty problem".  To be honest, I don't see it an issue.  As noted, we've had these dominant team runs in the past but for some reason the Alabama and now Clemson duo seem to have many knickers in a wad.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/alabama-clemson-again-addressing-the-two-headed-dynasty-hanging-over-college-football/ar-AAGm3qw?ocid=spartandhp

I admire programs that consistently produce winning teams.  For me the National Championship is not the whole story. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_football_teams_by_wins

11 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

It's the first game of the season... still some rust not yet removed during the spring and summer drills. 

Personally, I think it's more than rust.  It's a trend!  The level of play was much more consistent 20 to 30 years ago.  Not only from an X's and O's standpoint but from a discipline standpoint as well.  Far too many silly "look at me" penalties in modern college football.  It's something I have talked to the local high school football coach about.  His estimation is, the lack of offensive consistency begins with a lack of proper coaching along the offensive line.  Couple that with inexperienced QB's because they all leave school early or transfer 3 times in 4 years, and you get wildly inconsistent play.

The reason programs like UCF and Boise State can compete with the "big boys" is because they are well coached and stay together for 4 years.  They build consistency and continuity over a longer period of time than most schools get a chance to do.

Before anyone says anything about a high school coach critiquing college football, he was a 3 time All-America offensive lineman in the ACC and a 9 year starter for the Miami Dolphins with Jimmy Johnson and Dan Marino.  He knows more than any of us!

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

Personally, I think it's more than rust.  It's a trend!  The level of play was much more consistent 20 to 30 years ago.  Not only from an X's and O's standpoint but from a discipline standpoint as well.  Far too many silly "look at me" penalties in modern college football.  It's something I have talked to the local high school football coach about.  His estimation is, the lack of offensive consistency begins with a lack of proper coaching along the offensive line.  Couple that with inexperienced QB's because they all leave school early or transfer 3 times in 4 years, and you get wildly inconsistent play.

The reason programs like UCF and Boise State can compete with the "big boys" is because they are well coached and stay together for 4 years.  They build consistency and continuity over a longer period of time than most schools get a chance to do.

Before anyone says anything about a high school coach critiquing college football, he was a 3 time All-America offensive lineman in the ACC and a 9 year starter for the Miami Dolphins with Jimmy Johnson and Dan Marino.  He knows more than any of us!

Fair points.  I totally agree with the growing trend of "look at me" grandstanding.  I'll probably get roasted for saying this but, IMO, that is a trend which transcends college football... narcissism has reached a new all time high. I played high school basketball with Trevor Matich if that counts for anything 😆.

40 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Fair points.  I totally agree with the growing trend of "look at me" grandstanding.  I'll probably get roasted for saying this but, IMO, that is a trend which transcends college football... narcissism has reached a new all time high. I played high school basketball with Trevor Matich if that counts for anything 😆.

Won't get roasted by me.  I certainly find that to be prevalent in today's society.  Especially in sports.  

13 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Bunch of crooks is what they are... Kid shoulda told em some bs like his previous coaching staff lied while recruiting him. Aka "I wasn't playing so I want to transfer." Those get to go through all the time.

2 hours ago, Undershooter said:

Bunch of crooks is what they are... Kid shoulda told em some bs like his previous coaching staff lied while recruiting him. Aka "I wasn't playing so I want to transfer." Those get to go through all the time.

I particularly enjoyed the part where the NCAA said "We're not seeing it" in relation to this kid getting closer to home in order to help care for his mother.  Statesville, NC is 90 minutes down Interstate 77 from Blacksburg.  Statesville is 4 hours from Coastal Carolina with the vast majority being on 2 lane country roads.  🙄

38 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I particularly enjoyed the part where the NCAA said "We're not seeing it" in relation to this kid getting closer to home in order to help care for his mother.  Statesville, NC is 90 minutes down Interstate 77 from Blacksburg.  Statesville is 4 hours from Coastal Carolina with the vast majority being on 2 lane country roads.  🙄

They are a bunch of clowns. I had my own transfer issues with them back in the day. They make it miserable. I ended up saying screw it a transferring to an NAIA school.

Dylan Moses likely out for the year and 4 starters suspended for the first half of the Duke game for Bama. Great... Just go ahead an start engraving Clemson's name on the trophy now.