TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 College Football

fixyurdivot

2019 FBS Winner  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2019 Championship?

• Alabama
    • Clemson
    • Georgia
    • Florida
    • Notre Dame
    • Michigan
    • Texas
    • Ohio State
    • Oklahoma
    • LSU
    • Washington State
    • UCF
    • Kentucky
    • Washington
    • Syracuse
    • Penn State
    • Army
    • Fresno State
    • Utah State
    • West Virginia
    • Boise State
    • Texas A&M
    • Utah
    • Iowa
    • None of these (let us know who)

This poll is closed to new votes

That's the thing. I as an Alabama fan would absolutely freaking love an 8 team playoff for one reason. There is no way that Bama would ever miss a playoff while Saban is still there. Which would piss people off worse. Teams like the 2010 Bama team that lost 3 games would likely still make the playoff and have a great chance at winning it.

With that said, I'm fine with it at 4 teams as well. 8 teams feels like it's not even a big deal to make the playoff, which it is. The NCAA is so corrupt that they will do whatever makes them the most money. They don't actually care about what's best for the schools or the players.

Can’t deny the Saban and the dynasty he built, the dude is a walking National Championship.

But it’s boring man. Same teams year in and year out.

Sad thing there isn’t anything anyone can do to change it. No one can recruit, coach, and stay motivated like Bama. Sure there will be a few “contenders.”

Unless you are a die hard College football fan, it sucks watching the cup cake bowls every year.

And to top it off, let’s have a giant half time show at the National Championship? Am in watching the super bowl or a college game?

In fact I might just give being a football fan up... too commercialized and corrupt as you said.

7 hours ago, Shankster said:

Can’t deny the Saban and the dynasty he built, the dude is a walking National Championship.

But it’s boring man. Same teams year in and year out.

Sad thing there isn’t anything anyone can do to change it. No one can recruit, coach, and stay motivated like Bama. Sure there will be a few “contenders.”

Unless you are a die hard College football fan, it sucks watching the cup cake bowls every year.

And to top it off, let’s have a giant half time show at the National Championship? Am in watching the super bowl or a college game?

In fact I might just give being a football fan up... too commercialized and corrupt as you said.

Easy to blame it on Bama, but this has always been the case. The blue bloods rule the sport. Who is the last non blue blood to win a National Championship? Washington in 91? If you can even consider them a non blue blood. BYU in 84 if not.

The upper echelon will always control CFB. They just trade around who has control. ATM its Bama and Clemson.

Maybe it's because I was younger and maybe it's because cfb wasn't as large and as commercialized, but 20 years ago it felt like it mattered a lot less who won the title and a lot more that your team just had a good season.
But that might just be in my head.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Easy to blame it on Bama, but this has always been the case. The blue bloods rule the sport. Who is the last non blue blood to win a National Championship? Washington in 91? If you can even consider them a non blue blood. BYU in 84 if not.
The upper echelon will always control CFB. They just trade around who has control. ATM its Bama and Clemson.

Maybe it's because I was younger and maybe because it's because cfb wasn't as large and as commercialized, but 20 years ago it felt like it mattered a lot less who won the title and a lot more that your team just had a good season.
But that might just be in my head.

No. You’re 100% right. It wasn’t hyped up as much.

There wasn’t social media, transfer portal, Jordan Jerseys, and felt like more a team effort.

Now it’s how quickly can I get drafted to make that money... or at least how I feel it’s going.

On 9/4/2019 at 11:24 AM, Undershooter said:

I couldn't be happier for Jalen! I knew the kid was going to light it up in Riley's offense. He's going to have video game numbers this year.

I did find it strange that the Heisman odds shifted as they did after week 1(one of these is not like the other):

• Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson 5/2 (previous odds: 3/1)-13 of 23 w/ 2 total tds 168 pa yds and 2 int's
  • Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama 3/1 (previous odds: 11/4)-26 of 31 w/ 4 tds 336 pa yds
  • Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma 5/1 (previous odds: 7/1)-20 of 23 w/ 3 tds 332 pa yds and 176 yds rushing 3tds 

Jalen got an understandable bump and imo should be even money with Tua and Lawrence. But I don't understand how Tua and Lawrence basically swap odds when Lawrence put up a stinker and Tua didn't. 

I don’t see how any of them could change based on the fact that none of them played a team worth anything. All 3 of these teams could have played their 3rd QB and still easily and handily destroyed the other team. Of course these guys are going to have monster games against teams that are no where near the tent level of these 3 teams. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

13 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

I don’t see how any of them could change based on the fact that none of them played a team worth anything. All 3 of these teams could have played their 3rd QB and still easily and handily destroyed the other team. Of course these guys are going to have monster games against teams that are no where near the tent level of these 3 teams. 

Oh I agree. None of the teams were strong. Yet the player with the bad game against a cupcake had their odds improve the most. Doesn't make a lot of sense. 

15 hours ago, Shankster said:

No. You’re 100% right. It wasn’t hyped up as much.

There wasn’t social media, transfer portal, Jordan Jerseys, and felt like more a team effort.

Now it’s how quickly can I get drafted to make that money... or at least how I feel it’s going.

Yep, but I really can't blame that on the players. Everybody is making millions off these kids. They are just trying get drafted so they can make theirs.

The social media definitely doesn't help things!

Harbaugh is really on the hot seat . If they lose to army . The better teams on their schedule will completely decimate this offense 

and how are they ranked #7 ??? They got destroyed in their bowl game 

Edited by Big money

Keep it in the short stuff

Harbaugh is really on the hot seat . If they lose to army . The better teams on their schedule will completely decimate this offense 

and how are they ranked #7 ??? They got destroyed in their bowl game 

No idea. He could have won this game with a field goal in the 4th. Genius. I hope he gets fired.

On 9/2/2019 at 10:54 AM, fixyurdivot said:

I rarely root for PAC 12 teams; the exceptions being any who play against Washington, and Utah when they are playing a team I like less.

Cal taking out the Huskies two year in a row... priceless 👍.  One of the few things about work I miss was Monday mornings following a UW loss.  Great win for San Diego State beating UCLA at home.  This weekend's results will shake up the polls a little.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

17 hours ago, Shankster said:

Oh my.. that was crap. Feel bad for Army actually.

Army is solid this year.  I expected that game to be pretty close, but not that close.

Army is solid this year.  I expected that game to be pretty close, but not that close.

Yeah. A bit too close for comfort. Army should have beaten them.

Although the ref messed up big on a TD they overturned from Michigan early when they blew a play dead that really wasn’t.

The Jim Harbaugh in all of his brilliance decided to go for it on 4th down that would have put the game away... instead walked away with zero points.

It really is frustrating watching this team. So much talent that is seriously held back by conservative play calling and stubbornness.

Seeing teams have resurgence like LSU, Texas, Georgia, etc just makes me wonder what the heck is going on in Ann Arbor. Seems like they can’t get anything going, and when they do it is short lived.

Attended my Granddaughters first home soccer game for the season(NAIA) so I recorded the Kentucky football game Sat night.....only to find out this morning that the SEC channel decided to preempt it and show the Ole Miss game instead. WTH???

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

After this week, I see Oklahoma, Ohio St, Alabama and Clemson in the playoff. 

LSU finally has a QB. So good to see all those fans in burnt orange leave with disappointment. 3rd and 17 and you call a zero blitz...against a QB that has lit you up all evening long. Love the call Tom Herman! Love it! LSU/Bama will be a fantastic game this year. 

I have no idea what's going on in the Pac 12 this year, but if you're going to lose, lose early! 

The vols...WTF. I really want to hear some sports talk hot takes out of Knoxville today. 

Les Miles reboot? Um what?

Fun fact...Baylor played at 3pm on Saturday. High temp was near 100*. Heat index on the field was 120*...the artificial turf? 181*. QB left after the first half with foot issues...as in pain from the extremely hot turf. F the conference and their TV contract. No reason to play a game at that time. It was the only college game before 6pm in the state of Texas on Saturday. Just ridiculous. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

I knew Michigan would have trouble with Army. Solid defense, and an offense that we don’t ever see. let’s talk to Oklahoma who barely beat Army last season, and no one would argue whether Oklahoma was good last season.  This Army team is good, probably better than last season. So I think Michigan has issues, yes, but I am not writing them off based on the Army game, they will probably end with 3 losses. If they can find an identity on Offense they may not lose that many, but they have to figure something out on offense, and for goodness sake, stop turning the ball over 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

The "prevent defense" should be outlawed.  Arizona State puts together an incredible late 4Q drive to take the lead, then.... 🙄.  In spite of that decision, ASU wins the lucky charms award for the week.

The "prevent defense" should be outlawed.  Arizona State puts together an incredible late 4Q drive to take the lead, then.... .  In spite of that decision, ASU wins the lucky charms award for the week.

Doesn’t the “Prevent Defense” Prevent you from winng

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I just hope Franks can recover quickly

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

The Iowa vs. Iowa State game was a doozy.  I was hoping the Cyclones could pull off the upset.  Nice rebound for Nebraska.  Other than the Spartan's getting upset, pretty much as expected.  Now for some real contests next Saturday.  Here's hoping the Bulldog's over eat Friday night 🙂.

I just hope Franks can recover quickly

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Frank’s dislocated ankle, reportedly done for the year. Nasty injury.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list