TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 College Football

fixyurdivot

2019 FBS Winner  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2019 Championship?

• Alabama
    • Clemson
    • Georgia
    • Florida
    • Notre Dame
    • Michigan
    • Texas
    • Ohio State
    • Oklahoma
    • LSU
    • Washington State
    • UCF
    • Kentucky
    • Washington
    • Syracuse
    • Penn State
    • Army
    • Fresno State
    • Utah State
    • West Virginia
    • Boise State
    • Texas A&M
    • Utah
    • Iowa
    • None of these (let us know who)

This poll is closed to new votes

34 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Indeed. ND is pretty much left with an air assault at present and, had that not been clicking (or Kmet not returned), it would have likely been a lopsided affair. It seemed Georgia made the necessary adjustments at halftime and their running game showed up which was the difference IMO. #7's got some wheels!  I lost count, but we must have had 5-6 false start calls - a couple of which came with short yardage for the first down - homefield bonus.  Loved the "sea of red" stadium lighting; that was pretty cool.  We'll get ya next time!

GO IRISH!! 958885015_NDLogo.jpg.37adb7dc9076b43753f5793e3225e0c4.jpg

As you saw last night the fans around here are beyond passionate about Georgia football.  Heck I live outside Athens and there was no way I was going anywhere near downtown.  There's too much commotion going on for this ole boy.   

Your football team played their hearts out and I have a feeling they will  be right in the thick of things at seasons end. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

WTched a bit of that game last night.

That’s how football should be played. 2 power houses going to battle.

My plan of not getting too attached to that team in A2 has made for a much more enjoyable college football season.

I have picked teams from each conference to follow, and one independent.

Being Switzerland has proven fun.

I know, being a UCONN fan we’re out of contention B4 1st game.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7 hours ago, ole gray said:

Your football team played their hearts out and I have a feeling they will  be right in the thick of things at seasons end. 

I hope so but they have some strong competition ahead and will need to bring their A game.  With a weakened running offense, everyone will be adjusting accordingly and one dimensional play usually cannot sustain a season.  Got a backup RB we can borrow? 🙂

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

33 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I hope so but they have some strong competition ahead and will need to bring their A game.  With a weakened running offense, everyone will be adjusting accordingly and one dimensional play usually cannot sustain a season.  Got a backup RB we can borrow? 🙂

We have three backups that could start on most teams.   Georgia is strong on recruiting RB's.

Cleveland

Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Was reading some Instagram and online Facebook posts from various college schools. Some - many people in this land of ours have no shame or regrets. Bashing and downgrading young youth for playing bad or losing a game. The comments are way to vicious to post here and offensive. Some post under fake screen names. Many post using their real names. Just sad times bashing young kids going out every weekend and doing the best they can. Many of these kids will never go on the NFL. Really disgraced me reading that. What would happen if others talked about their sons the way they do. Really makes me despise the way the college game is headed

Keep it in the short stuff

10 hours ago, Big money said:

Really makes me despise the way the college game is headed

...and what social media has and continues to create.  Tons of folks out cashing checks their faces can't cash.  The ability to maintain perspective seems to be a lost attribute for many.  It's a game, just a game.

20 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

This was a typical BK loss though, hang in there but can win it. UGA made the right adjustments and pulled out the win! Hats off to the Dawgs and you got a fan up north now!

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I don't understand how Michigan goes to Wisconsin, gets beat and then drops 9 spots from 11 to 20. Another head scratcher is Utah also dropping 9 spots after going on the road and losing to USC. Heck UCF dropped 7 spots after going on the road and losing on a trick play. However, Texas A&M, the kings of moral victories, only drops 6 spots after losing at home to Auburn...a game in which Auburn dominated through the first 45 minutes of the game and A&M needed a big 4th qtr rally to make the score somewhat respectable. A&M's best win this season? Well, that would be 2-2 Lamar from the mighty Southland Conference. No two loss team should be ranked in week 4. I know that Michigan appeared to be ranked a bit too high, but to drop 9 spots after losing a road game to a top 15 team is a bit harsh. Yes, they got beat like a drum for 3 qtrs, but the SEC bias in the polls is ridiculous. Rank LSU, Bama, Auburn and Georgia as high as you want until they play each other but to keep mediocre teams in that conference ranked is just laughable. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

I never thought Michigan would beat Wisconsin, and I also thought there was a chance for it to be a blowout, and it was. However, DMac was moving the team pretty well until that pathetic Badger took an inexcusable cheap shot. No place in the game for that crap. Anyway, it almost looked like the offense found a little bit of themselves later in the game. It didn’t mean anything in that game, but i am hoping that they figured out something’s in the passing game, like, the WR can catch, so go ahead and throw it to them, forget about running to control the clock BS, they have some talented receiver LSU and should use them. Get the LB out of the  oz through passing, then run. I hope they learned a bit, but knowing harbaugh it will be the same crap next week. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I never thought Michigan would beat Wisconsin, and I also thought there was a chance for it to be a blowout, and it was. However, DMac was moving the team pretty well until that pathetic Badger took an inexcusable cheap shot. No place in the game for that crap. Anyway, it almost looked like the offense found a little bit of themselves later in the game. It didn’t mean anything in that game, but i am hoping that they figured out something’s in the passing game, like, the WR can catch, so go ahead and throw it to them, forget about running to control the clock BS, they have some talented receiver LSU and should use them. Get the LB out of the  oz through passing, then run. I hope they learned a bit, but knowing harbaugh it will be the same crap next week. 

This was supposed to be “the year” as a lot of analysts said.

I am wondering what “year” they are talking about.

Mind numbing to think about how much talent they have, and how little it is used. I love Doc Brown, but his defense has shown to be easily exposed and it is too aggressive a majority of the time.

Michigan is cursed ever since L. Carr was forced to retire.

My bet is Michigan doesn’t win a NC in my lifetime. I’m 36, plan on living till I’m 100 , so they have a few years to prove me wrong.

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

This was supposed to be “the year” as a lot of analysts said.

I am wondering what “year” they are talking about.

Mind numbing to think about how much talent they have, and how little it is used. I love Doc Brown, but his defense has shown to be easily exposed and it is too aggressive a majority of the time.

Michigan is cursed ever since L. Carr was forced to retire.

My bet is Michigan doesn’t win a NC in my lifetime. I’m 36, plan on living till I’m 100 emoji57.png, so they have a few years to prove me wrong.

You’re right, they have to use some of this talent they have, and that talent is on the outside, they have some excellent receivers, and a super talented TE. They need to abandon the run first game, and just throw the ball. That’s what they have. 

Although I don’t think Harbaugh has done great, I really would rather see him stay. It used to be that coaches were able to stay for many years, now everyone has a win a championship now or get fired attitude. It doesn’t matter if you win 8,9,10 games a year. If you don’t win a NC you suck at coaching. At least the seems to be the attitude. 

With the 4 team playoff and weak schedules from The SEC (although better this season),  the ACC, and the Big12. Three places of the 4 are taken before the season starts. That leaves 1 spot for realistically 5 teams to try to get. Playing on the road in the big 10 eliminates 2-3 teams from the conference. Then you have the PAC12 if someone manages an undefeated season in that incredibly weak conference the 4th spot goes there. It will be near impossible for Michigan to even get there, they have to be undefeated or possibly 1 loss. Like you, I don’t see that happening any time soon. We will have at least 2 losses every season. That’s not good enough. So who do we hire to get us to undefeated? We haven’t been undefeated in many many many years. 

You’re right, they have to use some of this talent they have, and that talent is on the outside, they have some excellent receivers, and a super talented TE. They need to abandon the run first game, and just throw the ball. That’s what they have. 
Although I don’t think Harbaugh has done great, I really would rather see him stay. It used to be that coaches were able to stay for many years, now everyone has a win a championship now or get fired attitude. It doesn’t matter if you win 8,9,10 games a year. If you don’t win a NC you suck at coaching. At least the seems to be the attitude. 
With the 4 team playoff and weak schedules from The SEC (although better this season),  the ACC, and the Big12. Three places of the 4 are taken before the season starts. That leaves 1 spot for realistically 5 teams to try to get. Playing on the road in the big 10 eliminates 2-3 teams from the conference. Then you have the PAC12 if someone manages an undefeated season in that incredibly weak conference the 4th spot goes there. It will be near impossible for Michigan to even get there, they have to be undefeated or possibly 1 loss. Like you, I don’t see that happening any time soon. We will have at least 2 losses every season. That’s not good enough. So who do we hire to get us to undefeated? We haven’t been undefeated in many many many years. 

Nick Saban...?

I don’t have a good answer.

Honestly I’d take a BIG10 Championship every other year with a loss or 2. Besides 1997 we don’t have a NC in relatable history.

Jim can stay, but they seriously need to just sit back and watch a few Bama, Oklahoma, Georgia, Oregon (Chip Era)... and write a few plays.

Whatever this offense is, it doesn’t work... at all. Defense is going to get smoked by anyone with a competent RB/WR core.

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Nick Saban...?

I don’t have a good answer.

Honestly I’d take a BIG10 Championship every other year with a loss or 2. Besides 1997 we don’t have a NC in relatable history.

Jim can stay, but they seriously need to just sit back and watch a few Bama, Oklahoma, Georgia, Oregon (Chip Era)... and write a few plays.

Whatever this offense is, it doesn’t work... at all. Defense is going to get smoked by anyone with a competent RB/WR core.

They need to figure something out for sure. Defense will get smoked regardless of how good they might be when they spend 3/4 of the game on the field. Offensive Turnovers are killing us. 

For those who missed the game here is a taste of Georgia football:

Cleveland

On 9/25/2019 at 6:54 PM, ole gray said:

For those who missed the game here is a taste of Georgia football:

As mentioned, I thought that sea of red stadium lighting was really cool... it made the gold helmets look even cooler 😉.

21 minutes ago, KenLewis1058 said:

Clemson just barely edged out UNC. Lets see how the rankings go this week...

Sent from my Android using MyGolfSpy mobile app

It won't move them from #1 IMO.  Notre Dame was up 14-10 wen we headed out for a dinner party.  I was concerned about a solid Virginia squad but glad to see my team prevailed.  Pending the outcome of the Utah vs Washington State, it looks like week 5 is following the script.

31 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

It won't move them from #1 IMO.  Notre Dame was up 14-10 wen we headed out for a dinner party.  I was concerned about a solid Virginia squad but glad to see my team prevailed.  Pending the outcome of the Utah vs Washington State, it looks like week 5 is following the script.

It won’t but IMO it should. My opinion is LSU and UGA should be the top two. Clemson 3 and Bama 4. Bama hasn’t really played anyone, and Clemson played a very over-ranked A&M team, but otherwise has struggled. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I agree. I am a huge Clemson fan but they have definitely struggled. Not looking like a #1 team right now.

It won’t but IMO it should. My opinion is LSU and UGA should be the top two. Clemson 3 and Bama 4. Bama hasn’t really played anyone, and Clemson played a very over-ranked A&M team, but otherwise has struggled. 

Sent from my Android using MyGolfSpy mobile app

45 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Might as well make it:

1. Bama
2. Georgia
3. LSU
4. Auburn
5. Florida
6. Ole Miss
7. Kentucky
8. Arkansas
9. MSST
10. Vanderbilt
11. South Carolina
12. Tennessee
13. Mizzou
14. Texas A&M
15-25. Don’t matter

Uhhh, no. 🙂

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Might as well make it:

1. Bama
2. Georgia
3. LSU
4. Auburn
5. Florida
6. Ole Miss
7. Kentucky
8. Arkansas
9. MSST
10. Vanderbilt
11. South Carolina
12. Tennessee
13. Mizzou
14. Texas A&M
15-25. Don’t matter

ND should be in there somewhere shouldn’t they. 

I'm ok with the SEC lovefest... at least it's not the PAC 12.  As for Clemson's squeaker yesterday, I would argue it will serve to get their attention and boost their level of play.  Add to that a remaining schedule of unranked opponents and their bid to play for the repeat is all but complete.  Not sure if it's possible, but I'd love to see a Clemson vs. Georgia and OSU vs. Alabama playoffs.  It would take some serious miscues for my Irish to get a bid even assuming they can finish with only one loss.

2 hours ago, Big money said:

I left with 2 impressions after watching college football all day.

1) Nebraska has the best facility. Bar none. 

2) Watch out folks. The Buckeyes are for real this year 

It's rare when the Buckeyes aren't for real.

It's rare when the Buckeyes aren't for real.

Even when they aren’t for real, they are. Always find that high gear when needed.

Everyone has an off game, Clemson yesterday narrowly beating a sub par opponent, Bama the “kick”...

But the team that resides in Columbus usually comes back the next week with a new found smash factor. The other teams too...

I'm ok with the SEC lovefest... at least it's not the PAC 12.  As for Clemson's squeaker yesterday, I would argue it will serve to get their attention and boost their level of play.  Add to that a remaining schedule of unranked opponents and their bid to play for the repeat is all but complete.  Not sure if it's possible, but I'd love to see a Clemson vs. Georgia and OSU vs. Alabama playoffs.  It would take some serious miscues for my Irish to get a bid even assuming they can finish with only one loss.

I noticed last night during the OSU game that Kirk Herbstrict never acknowledged Georgia. He can’t stand the Dawgs.

Cleveland

1 hour ago, ole gray said:

I noticed last night during the OSU game that Kirk Herbstrict never acknowledged Georgia. He can’t stand the Dawgs.

Well, you wouldn't guess that by the argument he presented in defense of Georgia last season...  with his alma-mater squarely in the middle of the debate.  

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-uga-herbstreit-politics-playoff