Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2019 College Football

fixyurdivot

2019 FBS Winner  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2019 Championship?

• Alabama
    • Clemson
    • Georgia
    • Florida
    • Notre Dame
    • Michigan
    • Texas
    • Ohio State
    • Oklahoma
    • LSU
    • Washington State
    • UCF
    • Kentucky
    • Washington
    • Syracuse
    • Penn State
    • Army
    • Fresno State
    • Utah State
    • West Virginia
    • Boise State
    • Texas A&M
    • Utah
    • Iowa
    • None of these (let us know who)

This poll is closed to new votes

24 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Well, you wouldn't guess that by the argument he presented in defense of Georgia last season...  with his alma-mater squarely in the middle of the debate.  

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-uga-herbstreit-politics-playoff

Interesting article for sure

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

@Shankster I did see one glaring change I would make in your rankings, as my Volunteers are a massive, stinky, atrocious, raging dumpster fire this year with losses to Georgia State and BYU. At least there's the hope for next year. Screenshot_20190929-170820.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2 hours ago, ole gray said:

I noticed last night during the OSU game that Kirk Herbstrict never acknowledged Georgia. He can’t stand the Dawgs.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

He lost to them in his last college game in the Citrus Bowl, it's like Mark May always hates on UGA because he lost to UGA in the Sugar Bowl.  Those guys are supposed to be reporters but they seem to carry some hard grudges. 

As far as the above linked article I always wondered if he was using some form of reverse psychology given his long bias against the Dawgs. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Well it appears the AP and Coaches polls see it differently than me... whodathunkit?  More motivation for Clemson so, for the anti-Bama's, this could be a plus. I'm surprised ND moved up one in the AP but I guess they are crediting the win over then #18 and undefeated Virginia.  I was somewhat expecting they might move out of the top 10.  They probably will next week, even with a win Saturday, if Florida, PSU, WF, and SMU all win.  Gotta start making room for the undefeated.  I know it's way early, but I'm really hoping for a Georgia vs. Clemson playoff game.

image.png.9653464e7e47a95cc0866266926bb5fb.png

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I understand both sides of this issue but hoped it would never go this route.  

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/california-ncaa-law-to-let-college-athletes-make-money-defying-ncaa/

Clemson vs GA is what I am hoping for too.

Well it appears the AP and Coaches polls see it differently than me... whodathunkit?  More motivation for Clemson so, for the anti-Bama's, this could be a plus. I'm surprised ND moved up one in the AP but I guess they are crediting the win over then #18 and undefeated Virginia.  I was somewhat expecting they might move out of the top 10.  They probably will next week, even with a win Saturday, if Florida, PSU, WF, and SMU all win.  Gotta start making room for the undefeated.  I know it's way early, but I'm really hoping for a Georgia vs. Clemson playoff game.
image.png.9653464e7e47a95cc0866266926bb5fb.png

Sent from my Android using MyGolfSpy mobile app

6 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I understand both sides of this issue but hoped it would never go this route.  

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/california-ncaa-law-to-let-college-athletes-make-money-defying-ncaa/

I still dont know how to feel about this one. How much money the colleges and NCAA make off these kids is insane but if someone takes them out to dinner and pays, they are in violation of codes but at the same time, I dont want it to be all about money so recruits will only go to CA schools now to make money. 

Driver-  :taylormade-small:  2016 M2 12* Tensei Red Stiff

Wood(s)- :ping-small:  G400 5 Wood 16.9*/ 7 Wood 21.1* Alta CB Stiff

Irons-:mizuno-small:   JPX 900 Forged 6-GW NS Pro 950GH 

Wedges- :cleveland-small:   RTX 3 54*  588 RTX 2.0  58*   RTX 4 64*

Putter-  :taylormade-small:  Spider Tour Black 

Instagram- @patrickleeleep

Honest question for Michigan fans:

Do you think Harbaugh is the HC of Michigan in 2020 if he doesn't beat Ohio St? He has exactly 1 win against top 10 opponents (home vs #8 Wisc in 2016) and is awful in big games away from home. Michigan has not won more than 10 wins in his 4+ seasons at Michigan. While 10 wins is great at most schools, is it really the ceiling at Michigan now? 

The SEC love in the polls is best described by Joel Klatt. He essentially said the SEC teams are ranked high early in the season so they can rack up 'quality' wins against fellow conference foes. I mean, look at A&M...how is a team with two losses ranked in week 4 and week 5? Dumb. Oh they're already touting quality losses and it's just not October 1. Give me a break. A&M was never in the Clemson game, nor were they ever competitive in the Auburn game until they decided to score some points with 8 minutes left in the 4th qtr. A&M struggled mightily against Arkansas and some would argue their best win is Texas St or Lamar. 

Each conference has 1-3 really quality schools and then it tapers off quickly...except the Pac 12. I don't know if they're going to have a 1 loss school at the end of the season. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

8 hours ago, patrickleeleep said:

I still dont know how to feel about this one. How much money the colleges and NCAA make off these kids is insane but if someone takes them out to dinner and pays, they are in violation of codes but at the same time, I dont want it to be all about money so recruits will only go to CA schools now to make money. 

Agree.  I don't want to see college football essentially become the NFL. Sure, these Division I programs have become huge money making machines, but for me college football still has a completely different feel than the NFL (which I rarely watch anymore). I mean, why stop at the college level?  One could make an argument for high school players. The NCAA could ban the teams and/or players who violate the rules, but that's doubtful.  Maybe CA will just start their own collegiate-pro league.  Won't these players be shocked when they get their first tax bills 🤣.

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Must win for the Wolverines this weekend.

If not, I think Jimmy will be in a warm seat.

I think Jimmy has developed a resistance to the warm seat.  Their remaining schedule is tough... really tough. 😮

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Agree.  I don't want to see college football essentially become the NFL. Sure, these Division I programs have become huge money making machines, but for me college football still has a completely different feel than the NFL (which I rarely watch anymore). I mean, why stop at the college level?  One could make an argument for high school players. The NCAA could ban the teams and/or players who violate the rules, but that's doubtful.  Maybe CA will just start their own collegiate-pro league.  Won't these players be shocked when they get their first tax bills 🤣.

Thats how I feel as well. The big difference for me on College football is that camaraderie of the team and not favored toward the individual players. Thats one of the main reasons I stopped watching the NFL. Doesnt excite me the same way watching a college game.

I did hear something about NCAA not allowing the CA teams to play in bowl games and such things. Will have to see what happens with that. 

Do you think Harbaugh is the HC of Michigan in 2020 if he doesn't beat Ohio St? He has exactly 1 win against top 10 opponents (home vs #8 Wisc in 2016) and is awful in big games away from home. Michigan has not won more than 10 wins in his 4+ seasons at Michigan. While 10 wins is great at most schools, is it really the ceiling at Michigan now? 

If we look back over the last 30 years. Michigan has been a 8-4, 9-3, 10-2, 11-1 and the magical 1997 team.

Jim isnt too far off the standard that Bo set. Except for winning some BIG 10 Championships.

It is a different ball game now, it’s NC or bust, and I think that gets in the way of the smaller, more attainable goals, like beating Iowa this week.

Jim will be at Michigan until he retires, messes up ethically, or has back to back 5-7 seasons.

We compare all teams nowadays to Alabama, Clemson, and OSU. As of late you could add Georgia, and maybe ND....

They are the measuring stick. Michigan has different academic standards (so I hear), is not in a nice area, and it is freezing half of the year... I honestly can’t blame kids for not even looking at Michigan.

If the fans got an OSU win, and a bid in the BIG10 they’d be more than satisfied for at least a few years.

As a fan, I don’t even care about the NC. It has lost some luster with the same teams going every dang year. Are they the best teams? Probably. But someone needs to step up and throw in a fluke win.

Short answer is I have no idea if Jim will be here. If he leaves it will be his doing I think. Who else would fit the bill?

I dont think fans will be satisfied until he beats OSU or at least play in the Big 10 championship. 

I dont think fans will be satisfied until he beats OSU or at least play in the Big 10 championship. 

Agreed. But how do you get there? If they change coaches every 4-5 years it will be a constant battle. No consistency isn’t good as far as staff.

Let him get something going in A2 it might take longer than expected, but some fruit takes longer to ripen.

Only as good as the weakest link. Somewhere there is a really weak link in the coaching staff. It could be the HC, or a combination, but it needs to be welded or removed to have good results.

25 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Agreed. But how do you get there? If they change coaches every 4-5 years it will be a constant battle. No consistency isn’t good as far as staff.

Let him get something going in A2 it might take longer than expected, but some fruit takes longer to ripen.

Only as good as the weakest link. Somewhere there is a really weak link in the coaching staff. It could be the HC, or a combination, but it needs to be welded or removed to have good results.

Thats the tough part. I would absolutely give him a few more years at least. You dont know how recruiting will go with Ryan Day as head coach at OSU. Its possible with the coaching changes that recruiting could be affected there which could benefit Michigan. 

8 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Absolutely. I think the fanbase is a pretty solid combination of football-stupid, and illogical (I've been a die-hard Michigan fan since birth, and the fanbase even annoys me a decent amount of the time). Like Shank said, unless it's Jim leaving (don't think his pride would let him leave on a sour note), or some sort of ethical downfall, he's staying until they have back to back sub .500 seasons.

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

If we look back over the last 30 years. Michigan has been a 8-4, 9-3, 10-2, 11-1 and the magical 1997 team.

Jim isnt too far off the standard that Bo set. Except for winning some BIG 10 Championships.

It is a different ball game now, it’s NC or bust, and I think that gets in the way of the smaller, more attainable goals, like beating Iowa this week.

Jim will be at Michigan until he retires, messes up ethically, or has back to back 5-7 seasons.

We compare all teams nowadays to Alabama, Clemson, and OSU. As of late you could add Georgia, and maybe ND....

They are the measuring stick. Michigan has different academic standards (so I hear), is not in a nice area, and it is freezing half of the year... I honestly can’t blame kids for not even looking at Michigan.

If the fans got an OSU win, and a bid in the BIG10 they’d be more than satisfied for at least a few years.

As a fan, I don’t even care about the NC. It has lost some luster with the same teams going every dang year. Are they the best teams? Probably. But someone needs to step up and throw in a fluke win.

Short answer is I have no idea if Jim will be here. If he leaves it will be his doing I think. Who else would fit the bill?

Couldn't agree more, I think you're spot on. As much as I would love to see Jimmy and the boys bashing in the Buckeye's helmets and winning national championships, what we have now is waaaaay better than the Hoke/RichRod-type potential alternative.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Couldn't agree more, I think you're spot on. As much as I would love to see Jimmy and the boys bashing in the Buckeye's helmets and winning national championships, what we have now is waaaaay better than the Hoke/RichRod-type potential alternative.

Exactly. I’ve been on the fence about the strategy... as in why the heck aren’t the play makers getting the ball?!!

But, if we go grab some up and comer. Who knows what kind of coach they’d be.

And to go back a few posts about the beating top 10 teams... who else is measured by that?

You don’t hear of KState not beating top 10 teams, or any other team for that matter.

Just another talking point for ESPN, it is a stat sure, but 1-9 vs top 10’s... how many other teams even play top 10 teams outside of the playoffs?

It will be a 2-3 loss season, but if the fans, alum, and whoever else force people to leave it will only get worse.

Another thing I don’t like about Jim is sitting talent. I get the whole let the upperclassmen play. But if your freshman QB is a highly touted recruit, let them play.

It works for teams like Clemson, and Bama, OSU...

Just play the recruits, or new ones will take notice that they sit for 2-3 years like DCaff. I’d transfer if I were him.

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Just another talking point for ESPN, it is a stat sure, but 1-9 vs top 10’s... how many other teams even play top 10 teams outside of the playoffs?

Alabama is 23-7 versus top 10 teams with Saban. Even though I'm not a Bama (or Saban) fan, that's your yardstick. Ohio State is 5-8 against top 10’s over the last decade if you want to keep it in the conference. In general, I agree with what I think you are trying to say - they seem to be pulling a stat that really only applies to the elite programs and applying it to a team that has had some struggles keeping up with the big boys. 

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Alabama is 23-7 versus top 10 teams with Saban. Even though I'm not a Bama (or Saban) fan, that's your yardstick. Ohio State is 5-8 against top 10’s over the last decade if you want to keep it in the conference. In general, I agree with what I think you are trying to say - they seem to be pulling a stat that really only applies to the elite programs and applying it to a team that has had some struggles keeping up with the big boys. 

Yep. You nailed it. I woulda thought OSU’s record was better than that.

23-7 is ridiculous.

16 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Yep. You nailed it. I woulda thought OSU’s record was better than that.

23-7 is ridiculous.

Roll tide. 

Speaking of roll tide, where is @Undershooter?? I haven't seen him post in this thread in awhile. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Hey brother, Sorry I haven't been on much. Yes, Roll Tide but our defense worries me rn. We are starting more true freshman than any team in the country atm. 

2 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Speaking of roll tide, where is @Undershooter?? I haven't seen him post in this thread in awhile. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

17 hours ago, Undershooter said:

Hey brother, Sorry I haven't been on much. Yes, Roll Tide but our defense worries me rn. We are starting more true freshman than any team in the country atm. 

So much for the "Nick Saban doesn't play freshman" narrative haha

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

21 hours ago, Undershooter said:

I'm worried about that too. Having hard time controlling the edges and really wondering how the secondary will do against some bigger receivers. 

Any predictions for this weekend? Wondering if it'll be close in the OSU vs Mich State game. 20 point spread is a decent size for a top 25 matchup. 

Any predictions for this weekend? Wondering if it'll be close in the OSU vs Mich State game. 20 point spread is a decent size for a top 25 matchup. 

My guess for the top 25 matchups is:

OSU 42 - MSU 10

Michigan 21 - Iowa 22

Auburn 28 - Florida 17

Wildcard: Cal upsetting Oregon 28-27

I'm thinking the Wolverines beat the Hawkeyes 26-20.  I'm hoping Stanford upsets Washington.  I'm praying that ND maintains complete focus.  Another cold front making its way in - looks like I'll be watching the Shriners and college football tomorrow.