TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 College Football

fixyurdivot

2019 FBS Winner  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2019 Championship?

• Alabama
    • Clemson
    • Georgia
    • Florida
    • Notre Dame
    • Michigan
    • Texas
    • Ohio State
    • Oklahoma
    • LSU
    • Washington State
    • UCF
    • Kentucky
    • Washington
    • Syracuse
    • Penn State
    • Army
    • Fresno State
    • Utah State
    • West Virginia
    • Boise State
    • Texas A&M
    • Utah
    • Iowa
    • None of these (let us know who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Is it just me, or does this seem like is a year where picking only two teams for the national championship and then putting the rest into bowl games would be best? I really feel like the best two teams are obviously Ohio State and LSU, and I think we all want to see them play for the title. So let’s get rid of the whole, “who should be number 4, because no one seems good enough” debate, and just let the two best teams play for it all. No playoff, no selection committee, no outlandish scenarios, no bullshit, just the game everyone wants to see, and expects. 

That was the BCS that everyone complained about for years. I prefer it over this new junk. The new system pretty much says you suck unless you are in the top 4.

The Rose Bowl used to be a big deal... now what is it? It isn’t celebrated like it was. No one sat out bowl games.

Now it’s all about how much money ESPN and the talking heads can make by arguing about the top 4... who are picked by a group of people. You honestly can’t tell me there isn’t any bias in that room.

Let a computer that doesn’t have any attachments to any team decide who plays.

3 hours ago, GB13 said:

Is it just me, or does this seem like is a year where picking only two teams for the national championship and then putting the rest into bowl games would be best? I really feel like the best two teams are obviously Ohio State and LSU, and I think we all want to see them play for the title. So let’s get rid of the whole, “who should be number 4, because no one seems good enough” debate, and just let the two best teams play for it all. No playoff, no selection committee, no outlandish scenarios, no bullshit, just the game everyone wants to see, and expects. 

Now what fun would that be? 😆  The BIG $$$ side of the college football community would never go for it -- fortunes made from all the churn.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

A simple oversight, honest mistake, I understand  .
https://athlonsports.com/bowl-projections-2019
Minnesota vs. Utah in the Rose Bowl (didn't see that one coming).  Notre Dame should be playing in the Orange Bowl if they beat Stanford.

My bad...

10-2 ND

All I want for Christmas is not to play Florida in a bowl game this year...

They have neither of our teams in the New Year's Six; pure lunacy, borderline criminal.  While your guys might not play The Gators, you may likely play in The Gator Bowl.  I'd rather play the Gator Bowl than the Camping World Bowl 🙄.  Heck, maybe they should throw the Stanford game in hopes of getting The Cheez-it or Texas Bowl 🤣.

They have neither of our teams in the New Year's Six; pure lunacy, borderline criminal.  While your guys might not play The Gators, you may likely play in The Gator Bowl.  I'd rather play the Gator Bowl than the Camping World Bowl .  Heck, maybe they should throw the Stanford game in hopes of getting The Cheez-it or Texas Bowl 🤣.

Anything is better than the toilet bowl...

Anything is better than the toilet bowl...

UCONN has that honor.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 11/26/2019 at 9:41 AM, Undershooter said:

I'm sure people got tired of me blabbing about it last year, but all of this stuff is basically an algorithm for the committee. Assuming they don't completely change how they judge teams from the previous 5 years and earlier this year, Bama would get in over OU if Oregon beats Utah. It's actually gonna be really close even if Utah beats Oregon.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong, but that's how they've done it. It's a combo of SOS, quality wins, T25 wins, T10 wins, game control (how bad you beat teams), and the quality of your loss if you have one.

But by this logic, if LSU beats Georgia and Oregon beats Utah, then the winner of Baylor - Oklahoma would have a better SOS (at least better opponent win percentage), Quality Wins, T25 Wins, and T10 Wins than Bama and Bama taking better game control and quality loss. I don't see how that lines up with Bama getting in other than brand name. Bama's only T25 win would be against Auburn. For Baylor, beating OU in the Big 12 title game would give them T25 wins over Ok St, Iowa St and T10 win over OU at a neautral site. Am I missing something? 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

23 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

But by this logic, if LSU beats Georgia and Oregon beats Utah, then the winner of Baylor - Oklahoma would have a better SOS (at least better opponent win percentage), Quality Wins, T25 Wins, and T10 Wins than Bama and Bama taking better game control and quality loss. I don't see how that lines up with Bama getting in other than brand name. Bama's only T25 win would be against Auburn. For Baylor, beating OU in the Big 12 title game would give them T25 wins over Ok St, Iowa St and T10 win over OU at a neautral site. Am I missing something? 

Yep, game control. Neither B12 team has very good game control and OkSU is about to drop from the T25 which hurts both B12 teams.

Baylor is currently ranked 9th which is the lowest of 1L teams bc their game control is 20th out of 25. The committee has always shown a lot of favor to game control.

The only thing holding Bama afloat right now is that their game control is 3rd best and they have an undeniable top 2 loss. They are still gonna need to beat Auburn though and it can't be close.

Utah has the best shot to jump Bama if they smoke Oregon. Even if Bama blows out AU I'd bet Utah gets in for that scenario.

UGA has it simple, win out and you're in. Same for Clemson. Both LSU and OSU should make it, even with a loss.

For the record, I'm not saying all this bc I think Bama will or should make the playoff. I already said before that I'm not gonna bang that drum this season. I'm not sure they're good enough.

I'm just saying that this is how the committee has done it for 5 years. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

53 minutes ago, Shankster said:

@TheWahoo congrats on your Cavilers winning for the first time in 18 years!!

Virginia Tech just didn't want to get rolled by Clemson is all, so they let Virginia win.  🙄

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Seems like another year with the same scenario as in year's past as it pertains to Alabama.  They lose one division game to the team that wins the division, and then don't have to play in the SEC Championship game, and STILL get into the playoffs, and (probably) win the whole thing having NOT even won their conference.

Sigh.  Until we get an 8 team playoff, where you award the power 5 conference champions a spot, along with 3 wild cards, you'll get this nonsense every year.  And honestly, if money is the reason we don't have an 8 or 16 team playoff I'm having a hard time understanding that logic, because you would think the more playoff games you have, the more revenue you bring in, at least a LOT more money then the current bowl system.

And consider this idea.  If you won't want to lose your bowl game system, Use a few more of the bowl games to host playoff games.  And honestly, any team that didn't win at least 9 games doesn't deserve to play in a bowl game anyway.

But whatever.  I know no one cares what I think and I am wasting my time typing this anyway.

40 minutes ago, GSwag said:

And honestly, if money is the reason we don't have an 8 or 16 team playoff I'm having a hard time understanding that logic, because you would think the more playoff games you have, the more revenue you bring in, at least a LOT more money then the current bowl system.

Not sure what part money has to do with the decision to expand (or not) the current playoff format but I agree with the 8 team change as a start.  It could very well be that with the recent #makemesomemoneysellingmylikeness change, top players will lobby for anything and everything that affords opportunity to generate dinero.

A couple of humdingers today.

image.png.36f31950ae50f156d0e6d3f301c4fbb5.png

image.png.3859b27420a13e0e9f565077ec3683a1.png

The Alabama vs. Auburn (at Auburn) could be CFB changer as well.  Sorry @Shankster but I've got to go with the Buckeyes... a long time favorite.  I'll be out on the course while, hopefully, my Irish keep Cardinal stadium quiet. 👍

A couple of humdingers today.
image.png.36f31950ae50f156d0e6d3f301c4fbb5.png
image.png.3859b27420a13e0e9f565077ec3683a1.png
The Alabama vs. Auburn (at Auburn) could be CFB changer as well.  Sorry [mention=69396]Shankster[/mention] but I've got to go with the Buckeyes... a long time favorite.  I'll be out on the course while, hopefully, my Irish keep Cardinal stadium quiet. 

I don’t expect anything but a L today. Can’t decide if it will be a beat down or a nail biter. I’d almost prefer the beat down that way I can keep my expectations low.

Looking at the schedule and recruiting, I think 2023 will be the “year” for Michigan.

The comments that “Ohio State is the most complete team,” is being shown to be untrue. Michigan is going up-and-down the field on them.

LSU beat Bama, the number 5, Florida, and Auburn. Ohio State has beaten who? Penn State?! That’s it?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

The comments that “Ohio State is the most complete team,” is being shown to be untrue. Michigan is going up-and-down the field on them.
LSU best Bama, the number 5, Florida, and Auburn. Ohio State has beaten who? Penn State?! That’s it?!

I can’t stand the commentary. Mostly I cannot stand toSU...

Wonder how long Harbaugh has a job. Gets more embarrassing each year.

He can beat the Indianas, now State, Purdue, Illinois, Maryland, Rutgers, etc, games they SHOULD win, but he can’t beat PSU, Wisconsin, and Ohio State on a regular basis. The dregs of the conference? Yep. Ranked teams? Not so much.
His “9 wins” a season is SO skewed...

This is really insane that Michigan can’t slow these guys down even a little... better luck next year, or the next, or the next or next... I hate Michigan.

At Michigan, it’s ALWAYS, “THIS is the year!” Then at the end of the season it’s always, “NEXT year will be our year!”

He can beat the Indianas, now State, Purdue, Illinois, Maryland, Rutgers, etc, games they SHOULD win, but he can’t beat PSU, Wisconsin, and Ohio State on a regular basis. The dregs of the conference? Yep. Ranked teams? Not so much.
His “9 wins” a season is SO skewed...

There is nothing anyone can do about it. Michigan will lose 20 in a row to OSU.

There is nothing anyone can do about it. Michigan will lose 20 in a row to OSU.

I couldn’t believe the weight difference between the OSU O line, and UofM D line. Jeez! Seems odd UofM doesn’t have some beef on that side of the ball. Down here, LSU, BAMA, Auburn, and Georgia all have HUGE guys!

My App State Mountaineers will host the Conference Championship AGAIN!!!!

I couldn’t believe the weight difference between the OSU O line, and UofM D line. Jeez! Seems odd UofM doesn’t have some beef on that side of the ball. Down here, LSU, BAMA, Auburn, and Georgia all have HUGE guys!

They all go to OSU or Wisconsin. Can’t keep recruits or convince anyone to play for a garbage team.

19 minutes ago, PMookie said:

My App State Mountaineers will host the Conference Championship AGAIN!!!!

GEORGIA!!!!!!!!!

SOUTHERN!!!!!!!!!!

@ga_pike

Auburn will get blown out in the 2nd half.  Alabama's O line is just abusing Auburn's d-line.