Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2019 College Football

fixyurdivot

2019 FBS Winner  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2019 Championship?

• Alabama
    • Clemson
    • Georgia
    • Florida
    • Notre Dame
    • Michigan
    • Texas
    • Ohio State
    • Oklahoma
    • LSU
    • Washington State
    • UCF
    • Kentucky
    • Washington
    • Syracuse
    • Penn State
    • Army
    • Fresno State
    • Utah State
    • West Virginia
    • Boise State
    • Texas A&M
    • Utah
    • Iowa
    • None of these (let us know who)

This poll is closed to new votes

23 minutes ago, patrickleeleep said:

I'm an Alabama fan and as much as I love seeing them dominate other teams, it does nothing for the game, doesn't help either program, or the NCAA at all. I hate these scrub schedules then you get a tough game and cant execute start to finish. SEC needs to up their conference games as well and move from the current 8 games of conference to play to 9. There's too many years that can go by where conference teams dont even play each other. 

I'd love to see some kind of rules where it limits the scheduling of Division 1-AA games and makes you schedule more Power 5 conference games. 

But, doesn't the Bama administration force the FCS cupcake games on season-ticket holders much like the NFL requires their fans to purchase preseason tickets in a bundle? You've gotta purchase them if you want to see the big games live, right? UT does the same thing, but our fans won't show up for what amounts to a glorified scrimmage. Too many entertainment options in ATX.

I know LaTech isn't great, but they're one of the better, more competitive G5 teams. Most years, we try to schedule one "helmet game", one G5, and another P5 out-of-conference. https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/texas/

My :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130 cart bag currently includes;

Driver: :srixon-small: z565 10.5*, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6 S-Flex
Fairways:  :callaway-small: X-Hot 15* & 18*, Project X PXv R-Flex
Irons: :benhogan-small:Apex Plus, 4-PW, Apex S4-Flex
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CG10; 50*, 54*, 58*, Dynamic Gold W-flex 

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro Blade #2
Grips: Golf Pride MCC-Plus 4 & Lamkin UTx
Ball: Kirkland Signature 3-Piece 

Who is your team losing and how do you think it affects the 2020 season?

https://247sports.com/Article/2020-NFL-Draft-underclassmen-College-players-leaving-early-for-the-NFL-139685874/

For the Irish, Gilam, Jones, and Kmet are big shoes to fill - Kmet's the largest.  But, we've got several TE's in the hopper and two filled in pretty well early when Cole was injured. Mock drafts have Kmet in a Patriots uniform... yuck 🤮.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

I think the decline in attendance is attributed to a lot of things and it's hard to really pinpoint one, or even two, that are the root cause. 

TV - there's easier access to watch your team from your own couch drinking grocery store priced beer and eating snacks out of your pantry. Also, bigger and better TVs give you a better view than most seats in the stadium. Also, TV dictates when your team will play. I'm sorry but I don't want to attend a game before sundown in Waco in September or October. I'll stay in the AC instead of feeling the sweat run down my ass crack all game long. 

Stadiums - Only a few stadiums/alumni bases can fill their massive 100k seat stadium on a regular basis. Stadiums were built for the largest of crowds, not necessarily the other 4-5 home games against 'meh' opponents. When stadiums cost that much to operate, the price of the ticket goes up. 

Culture - we live in a society dominated by busy schedules. Much like golf is on the decline due to the length of time it takes to play a round of golf, college football is a 6 hour ordeal with parking, walking to the stadium, watching the game only to be dragged out even more due to TV commercial allotments, walking back to the car, sitting in post-game traffic, etc. A lot of folks would rather watch the game at home and once it's over, resume their busy lives without the hassle of the game day experience. 

Ticket Prices - every school has their low ticket price game that not that many want to attend, but then tickets fetch $200+ for the rival game against a top 15 opponent. And that's just single game ticket prices. If you want season tickets, you have to throw the university an additional donation that is no longer a tax write-off. 

Team Performance - Coming from a school that struggled mightily for a solid decade, it's tough to sell tickets for folks to watch a garbage team...and I'm talking about the home team! 

Recruiting/Arms Race - I don't know who exactly started this current arms race but every school needs to have the biggest video board, the biggest weight room, the best locker rooms, the best performance science labs, etc to attract the best high school recruits. And guess who has to pay for that? You. The guy buying the expensive ticket. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

7 minutes ago, DawgDaddy said:

In the 2019-2020 bowl season, yes the SEC dominated. 

I'm not trying to start up the SEC debate again; however, at least recently, this is a rarity for the SEC as far as bowl game record is concerned. 

2016-2017    6-7

2017-2018    5-6

2018-2019    6-6

2019-2020    9-2

It's good to see Herbie type something out because a lot of times he has a particular team's/conference's junk in his mouth. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

25 minutes ago, DawgDaddy said:

But, Kirk, it's the SEC's first winning bowl season since 2015-16.....ah, screw it.

50 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

In the 2019-2020 bowl season, yes the SEC dominated. 

I'm not trying to start up the SEC debate again; however, at least recently, this is a rarity for the SEC as far as bowl game record is concerned. 

2016-2017    6-7

2017-2018    5-6

2018-2019    6-6

2019-2020    9-2

It's good to see Herbie type something out because a lot of times he has a particular team's/conference's junk in his mouth. 

FWIW I think the SEC was actually 8-2 counting last night but it was because of Herbie posting it that I shared it.  He is a big time homer for the most part, and also has 2 sons on the Clemson team. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

1 hour ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

But, doesn't the Bama administration force the FCS cupcake games on season-ticket holders much like the NFL requires their fans to purchase preseason tickets in a bundle? You've gotta purchase them if you want to see the big games live, right? UT does the same thing, but our fans won't show up for what amounts to a glorified scrimmage. Too many entertainment options in ATX.

I know LaTech isn't great, but they're one of the better, more competitive G5 teams. Most years, we try to schedule one "helmet game", one G5, and another P5 out-of-conference. https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/texas/

I've never looked into season tickets as I live in Las Vegas so I dont know to that extent. I just mean their schedule in general. At least Bama has some good home and home setups coming soon so Im really excited for that. 

Driver-  :taylormade-small:  2016 M2 12* Tensei Red Stiff

Wood(s)- :ping-small:  G400 5 Wood 16.9*/ 7 Wood 21.1* Alta CB Stiff

Irons-:mizuno-small:   JPX 900 Forged 6-GW NS Pro 950GH 

Wedges- :cleveland-small:   RTX 3 54*  588 RTX 2.0  58*   RTX 4 64*

Putter-  :taylormade-small:  Spider Tour Black 

Instagram- @patrickleeleep

1 hour ago, GSwag said:

One other thing I forgot to mention in my lengthy rant above as to why I don't go to FSU football games, is the fact that every September the non-conference schedule is less than inspiring, where FSU schedules teams from lower tier conferences that they (assume) have no shot at beating them.  This is akin to preseason games in the NFL that are beyond a waste of time.

Now before some Boise State fan stops me, I'll be the first to tell you that I told anyone and everyone that FSU would lose to Boise State this year, mostly because of how horribly coached that team was under Willie Taggart.  But come on, stop wasting my time with meaningless games against out of conference opponents you know aren't playing on a level playing field with you.  And honestly, even with that, ULM just about beat FSU, taking them to OT.

I will say though, that as I am browsing next season's schedule, the only waste game that FSU plays this next year is against Samford, which will probably be on September 12th.  The rest of their non-conference schedule is solid.

But honestly, these horrible non-conference games by SEC and ACC teams, against lesser conferences is a plague on the entire sport.  One of the main reasons I detest Alabama so much is that they continue to schedule the weakest non-conference schedule on the planet.  I mean, here's the powerhouse lineup of non-conference games that Nick Saban has already penciled in his 3rd string to start in for 2020.  Georgia State, Kent State (I honestly didn't even know they had a football team), and UT Martin (same deal, a football team at that school?).

But until the playoff committee and pollsters start penalizing teams like Alabama for playing these glorified scrimmages, they'll continue to do it.

Kent State is Saban's alma mater. There's a reason they end up on the schedule every few years. He's making sure they get a nice fat paycheck.

Ga St and Kent St both went to bowl games this year. Hell, Ga St beat Tennessee this year lol. Neither have bad G5 programs. Everyone plays G5 schools, so I don't really see the point of complaining about them. I'm sure you've heard of Bowling Green or Toledo's football programs. Same thing.

UT Martin kind of is what it is. They've had a football program for as long as I can remember, but they are an FCS school. People like to complain about FCS schools on team's schedules, but does it really matter if some G5 team or low level P5 team plays Bama/Clemson/Oh st/ UGA instead? I personally don't think so. The result will be a blowout either way.

Sometimes FCS teams are better than G5 or low level P5 teams. Just because a team is an FCS school, doesn't mean said team is terrible. There are plenty of FCS schools that can compete and beat FBS teams. Best of luck to those who schedule ND St, James Madison or teams on that tier in FCS. Oregon will have it's hands full at the beginning of the year next year.

This is coming from someone who said, at the beginning of the season, that their schedule this year was embarrassing. I said it in this thread iirc.

You can try to complain about Alabama's 2020 schedule if you like, but I don't see any issue with it. That same schedule includes Bama's normal tough SEC West rotation, Tennessee, UGA and USC. 9 of those teams went to bowl games this year. I'd be surprised if their SOS isn't somewhere in the top 25 by the end of next season.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

2 hours ago, patrickleeleep said:

I'm an Alabama fan and as much as I love seeing them dominate other teams, it does nothing for the game, doesn't help either program, or the NCAA at all. I hate these scrub schedules then you get a tough game and cant execute start to finish. SEC needs to up their conference games as well and move from the current 8 games of conference to play to 9. There's too many years that can go by where conference teams dont even play each other. 

I'd love to see some kind of rules where it limits the scheduling of Division 1-AA games and makes you schedule more Power 5 conference games. 

You realize that no team with a 9 game conference schedule has ever won a CFB playoff right? And that fairly consistently, the toughest schedules in the country are set up by teams with 8 game conference schedules?

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Who is your team losing and how do you think it affects the 2020 season?

https://247sports.com/Article/2020-NFL-Draft-underclassmen-College-players-leaving-early-for-the-NFL-139685874/

For the Irish, Gilam, Jones, and Kmet are big shoes to fill - Kmet's the largest.  But, we've got several TE's in the hopper and two filled in pretty well early when Cole was injured. Mock drafts have Kmet in a Patriots uniform... yuck 🤮.

I'd prefer not to talk about it 😥. Plus, it would take too long 

1 hour ago, txgolfjunkie said:

I don't know who exactly started this current arms race

Ummm, that would be me. My bank account and my Duckies thank you.

See the source image

11 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

I'd prefer not to talk about it 😥. Plus, it would take too long 

Tua will look in a Dolphins uniform 👍.

2 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Tua will look in a Dolphins uniform 👍.

Poor SOB. I wish the Steelers, Colts, Broncos, Panthers or even the Raiders would trade up for him.

24 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

You realize that no team with a 9 game conference schedule has ever won a CFB playoff right? And that fairly consistently, the toughest schedules in the country are set up by teams with 8 game conference schedules?

I do. I dont see the problem with that. But 8 conference games where you play New Mexico State, Southern Miss, and Western Carolina, thats where I see the problem. I just wish it could be more universal for making things tougher. I dont see anything changing soon but at least we have scheduled home and homes with Texas, Wisconsin, FSU (hopefully they turn their program around), West Virginia, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma. 

1 hour ago, patrickleeleep said:

I do. I dont see the problem with that. But 8 conference games where you play New Mexico State, Southern Miss, and Western Carolina, thats where I see the problem. I just wish it could be more universal for making things tougher. I dont see anything changing soon but at least we have scheduled home and homes with Texas, Wisconsin, FSU (hopefully they turn their program around), West Virginia, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma. 

2019 is easily the worst schedule Bama has had in recent memory. It was terrible. But scheduling isn't easy for Greg(the AD) at the moment.

The G5 schools are only scheduling those games because they are getting paid a ton to. It's hard to talk P5 schools into a series where they know that they'll likely get beat. Or even worse, blown out. That's why recently, they've started scheduling stuff a long way out.

Edit: "scheduling ISN'T easy" my B

14 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

Poor SOB. I wish the Steelers, Colts, Broncos, Panthers or even the Raiders would trade up for him.

To be honest I hope they don't lose their minds and use much needed draft capital on trying to get him (or Burrows for that matter).  Fitzpatrick is a durable player who plays tough. He reminds me of Dan Fouts.  Get some quality players for other key positions and maybe pick up Patterson or Lewerke if either were to be in good value positions.  I doubt they'll select Tua and trade him... but that's the crazy thing about this whole process.  Who knows, maybe they angle for Burrows?

Report: LSU Assistant and Passing Game Coordinator, Joe Brady to join Carolina Panthers

Brady must enjoy Xs and Os more than recruiting. Matt Rhule already shaking things up. Good for him.

9 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

2019 is easily the worst schedule Bama has had in recent memory. It was terrible. But scheduling is easy for Greg(the AD) at the moment.

The G5 schools are only scheduling those games because they are getting paid a ton to. It's hard to talk P5 schools into a series where they know that they'll likely get beat. Or even worse, blown out. That's why recently, they've started scheduling stuff a long way out.

Last year was about the same and next year is just as bad. 

News: Baylor is targeting Virginia Tech’s Justin Fuente as next coach and is planning an in person interview in next 24 hours, multiple sources tell @YahooSports. Fuente is considered leading candidate.

1 hour ago, patrickleeleep said:

Last year was about the same and next year is just as bad. 

You can't be serious... They play UGA and USC next year in place of S Car and Duke.

2018 wasn't great thanks to Louisville going in the tank when Lamar declared early. But even then it was better than this year's dumpster fire.

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

To be honest I hope they don't lose their minds and use much needed draft capital on trying to get him (or Burrows for that matter).  Fitzpatrick is a durable player who plays tough. He reminds me of Dan Fouts.  Get some quality players for other key positions and maybe pick up Patterson or Lewerke if either were to be in good value positions.  I doubt they'll select Tua and trade him... but that's the crazy thing about this whole process.  Who knows, maybe they angle for Burrows?

Cincy will snag Burrows for sure.

I pray the Dolphins don't take Tua, but their fanbase is all about it. They'll be pressuring the front office hard.

The teams I named all have decent offensive lines. That's part of the reason I'm hoping he ends up there.

The Steelers are prolly the most ideal situation. Solid line, some skill position talent, good defense, ability to sit behind Ben for a year and most importantly, they are a well run organization. That's very underrated imo. 

Ex-Hawaii HC, Nick Rolovich, to Wazzu.

1500x500

Sagarin Top 10 Champs of the last 20 years

1. 2005 Texas 106.93 🤘

2. 2001 Miami 106.36

3. 2016 Clemson 105.35

4. 2019 LSU 104.88

5. 2011 Alabama 104.17

6. 2004 USC 103.37

7. 2018 Clemson 103.16

8. 2013 Florida State 101.90

9. 2000 Oklahoma 101.63

10. 2017 Alabama 101.18

You can't be serious... They play UGA and USC next year in place of S Car and Duke.
2018 wasn't great thanks to Louisville going in the tank when Lamar declared early. But even then it was better than this year's dumpster fire.

Oh I’m talking about the 3 throw away games. Besides that, it’ll be much tougher except we did get upset by S Carolina not long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My mistake was using Alabama as an example for the SEC waste of a month scheduling.  Florida does the same thing, so does Auburn.  It's how the SEC has 7 teams in the top 20 by the end of September every year.  🙄

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

16 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

but then tickets fetch $200+ for the rival game against a top 15 opponent.

Case in point - in 2018, my daughter sold her OSU/Michigan ticket for $400. Keep in mind, it was a student ticket so a valid student ID must be shown for entry so it couldn't really be sold to the highest bidder/Joe Blow off the street.

16 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

And guess who has to pay for that? You. The guy buying the expensive ticket. 

and the guy paying the ever-increasing tuition bills. Right now, Ohio State seems to be in a situation where demand far exceeds supply so the administration is able to do pretty much whatever they want to the regular students and parents have to take it or leave it. I saw a tweet a little over a year ago with an OSU football player giving a tour of his dorm. It backfired greatly as many parents ratio'd him and the school over what he gets for free versus what $7000 got a normal kid in a 50 year old, non-air-conditioned. prison-cell-like room. In their defense, Ohio State has built some newer dorms, but they need to catch up with other schools we have visited on updating others.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

10 hours ago, patrickleeleep said:

Oh I’m talking about the 3 throw away games. Besides that, it’ll be much tougher except we did get upset by S Carolina not long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

South Carolina was a lot better then vs now. Even still, not comparable to UGA.

Everyone plays the G5 games. OSU's schedule was regarded as one of the best in the country. Guess how many G5 games they played. Plus Rutgers and Maryland in November. You can't play p5 schools every week. It costs them enough money as it is to schedule G5 schools.

39 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Case in point - in 2018, my daughter sold her OSU/Michigan ticket for $400. Keep in mind, it was a student ticket so a valid student ID must be shown for entry so it couldn't really be sold to the highest bidder/Joe Blow off the street.

and the guy paying the ever-increasing tuition bills. Right now, Ohio State seems to be in a situation where demand far exceeds supply so the administration is able to do pretty much whatever they want to the regular students and parents have to take it or leave it. I saw a tweet a little over a year ago with an OSU football player giving a tour of his dorm. It backfired greatly as many parents ratio'd him and the school over what he gets for free versus what $7000 got a normal kid in a 50 year old, non-air-conditioned. prison-cell-like room. In their defense, Ohio State has built some newer dorms, but they need to catch up with other schools we have visited on updating others.

You mention it in your post, but it's basic capitalism at it's finest at work.  Demand at OSU far exceeds supply.  And using your football player's dorm room as an example, those players get pampered because they literally are the money maker at that school.  Football is ultimately a marketing tool for these large schools, and kids see the football team on TV every Saturday and it gets a lot of these kids to go to that school based on the popularity of the football program.  So yeah, that football player is going to be given a ton of stuff that a tuition paying student with no talent and no ability to market the school to draw others will get.

My advice to anyone complaining about something like this is to stop supporting it.  It's actually worked here at FSU just within the past few years, specifically with regards to the football program.  FSU has made several REALLY BAD decisions with regards to football coaching hires, and the Boosters stopped sending checks, and people literally were not coming to games.  FSU powers that be panicked and fired Willie Taggert.  They went out and hired a new coach, and the buzz is good again around campus, and the Boosters are back on board.  But man, you've never seen a fan base turn so quickly from thrilled when Taggert arrived with huge hopes and expectations, to a year later being shown the door.

Does the winning percentage of a football team change the academic excellence of a university, or improve the value of a diploma for graduating students from said university?  I hardly think so.  I mean, Harvard and Yale aren't going to excel in football anytime soon, at least on a national scale, but earning a diploma from one of those two schools carries tremendous weight in our society at large.  I mean, count the number of SCOTUS justices that attended Yale (Alito, Kavanaugh, Sotomayor, Thomas).

And as I always say, if people are stupid enough to pay the money, then it's worth whatever they paid for it.  Same with anything in life.  Masters tickets are only as valuable as what you are able to sell them for.  My house is worth what a single buyer is willing to pay for it.  

Capitalism works for the most part.  It's when people let emotion override common sense where things get out of whack.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

1 hour ago, GSwag said:

My mistake was using Alabama as an example for the SEC waste of a month scheduling.  Florida does the same thing, so does Auburn.  It's how the SEC has 7 teams in the top 20 by the end of September every year.  🙄

Please show me the team that schedules all P5 games.

You really aren't helping yourself choosing Florida and Auburn's schedule. Florida only played two G5 games this year. Auburn played 3 and still managed to have one of the 3 toughest schedules in the country this year...