Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

2019 College Football

fixyurdivot

2019 FBS Winner  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2019 Championship?

• Alabama
    • Clemson
    • Georgia
    • Florida
    • Notre Dame
    • Michigan
    • Texas
    • Ohio State
    • Oklahoma
    • LSU
    • Washington State
    • UCF
    • Kentucky
    • Washington
    • Syracuse
    • Penn State
    • Army
    • Fresno State
    • Utah State
    • West Virginia
    • Boise State
    • Texas A&M
    • Utah
    • Iowa
    • None of these (let us know who)

This poll is closed to new votes

It's that time again 👍.  Still my second favorite sport to follow and watch, it seems summer is just getting started when their off and Saturday plans have a new wrinkle.

https://fbschedules.com/college-football-schedule/

Anyone know why we have a "week 0"?  Maybe they just like ending the regular season on an even number 🤔. Week 1 includes games on Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, & Monday... that should certainly fill everyone's tank.  Boise State vs. Florida State is of particular interest (torn here because I like both).  And of course Monday nights Notre Dame vs. Louisville.

Depending on which poll you prefer, early predictions have the orange tigers repeating with the remaining top 10 spots filled with teams having finished strongin last seasons campaign.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/rankings/cbs-sports-ranking/

What's your prediction?  Mine are:

That ND will be challenged to stay in the top 10 😥

Also hate to say it/see it, but Washington makes the playoffs.

Lastly, the Tide hoist the crystal.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

6 hours ago, tommc23 said:

One can hope PSU goes way beyond their expectations and shocks everyone!

I'm just happy to see them in the mix.  I have a Nittany Lions sweatshirt in the collection... one of many teams I root for.

11 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Way too early for this one...

Haven’t read a thing about Michigan football this year, and my stress level is 99.9% less than normal.

I’ll start watching when the CFP Rankings come out.

My way too early pick is Georgia vs OU for the marbles.

It's never too early to start thinking about 10/26/19 😉

It's never too early to start thinking about 10/26/19 

In the BIG HOUSE. I’m really glad they renewed the rivalry. Too bad it’s only a few years.

Almost feels like I was on the bus when the Wolverines drove down to South Bend to show the Irish how to play... a few years ago, I doubt my grandfather was even a thought.

I’m a free agent fan this year. Just going to try to enjoy college football without the stress of being a Michigan fan...

36 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Just going to try to enjoy college football without the stress of being a Michigan fan... emoji52.png

Oh man, bless your heart. I couldn't even if I tried. Not looking at the summer reports and all that jazz does seem to take the ole blood pressure down quite a bit tho...

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

No idea who will win, but weak conferences like the pac 12, and the big 12 really put a downer on the CFP final 4. Clemson and Alabama, because let’s face it The ACC is pathetic except for Clemson. Alabama will probably lose a game, but they will back there way in when Georgia blows a big lead to Auburn. The other 2 spots are Oklahoma, and Probably a very weak Washington team. Both undefeated. Clemson vs   Washington, a blowout. And Alabama vs Oklahoma, another blowout, Alabama vs. Clemson in another one that no one really cares about. I will pick Clemson because I absolutely cannot stand Saban and the tide. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

17 minutes ago, Kor.A.Door said:

I will pick Clemson because I absolutely cannot stand Saban and the tide

@Shankster Join your Michigan brethren 😎

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

8 hours ago, Shankster said:

Nah. I’ll pick Boston College or WVU before I pick one of the made for TV places.

I hope Michigan has a good year, but that cannot seem to put a whole season together. It’s been that way for many years. So I don’t expect a championship year from them any time soon. 

Well, since my Razorbacks only won 2 games last year, I'm not expecting a lot, but I will give @Shankster a hard time for Michigan backing out of playing the Hogs this year (or was it last year they were supposed to play?), either way, I'm sure we would've got smoked. 

Also, while I love Dabo and what he's done at Clemson, I will say it's a very rare occasion that Saban gets beat two years in a row by the same team, in fact I'd venture to say that it hasn't happened while he's been in Bama, except for maybe his first 2 years there.

WPS!!! Go Hogs!!!

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

2 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

I hope Michigan has a good year, but that cannot seem to put a whole season together. It’s been that way for many years. So I don’t expect a championship year from them any time soon. 

I think Michigan could surprise the field.  If they can take care of week two against Army, it's a pretty favorable schedule until their first loss on 10/26.  

I expect that it will be Clemson again.  Im still skeptical about the predictions for Michigan.  I dont know how they are going to be so good with no star QB, their star RB getting suspended and losing pretty much their entire defense from last year.  Michigan always seems to be overhyped though.

If nothing else, I'll be hoping to see Michigan beat Ohio State for once.

Beyond that, as a Wisconsin fan, its going to be a, "we'll see year for me."  I expect them to beat the lesser teams in the B1G, win the west and maybe steal a win from OSU/Michigan/Penn State in the B1G championship game.  I honestly have no expectations after last year but Wisconsin has a supposedly very good QB coming in (although young) and will still have the best running back in college football.  The defense is a who knows situation but I cant imagine they will be worse than they were last year because last year they were historically bad.  If Mertz is the real deal and Taylor does what Taylor does, the defense may need to do just enough to slow the other team down though, so we'll see.  Wisconsin has always been a team that runs the ball and plays great defense, so if they finally have an offense that lights up the scoreboard, they may not need the defense for most of the season.  Like I said, the homer in me wants to believe but I have no expectations.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

28 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I think Michigan could surprise the field.  If they can take care of week two against Army, it's a pretty favorable schedule until their first loss on 10/26.  

That’s just it, they will have 4 losses or 1 loss. The problem with the 1 loss is that because of the division they play in, they won’t go to the conference championship, which means no to the final 4. There should have a been a rule set up that if you don’t win your conference championship you cannot go to the final 4 teams. That goes for any conference. It not a perfect fix, but it eliminates 2 teams from the same conference. 

1 hour ago, Kor.A.Door said:

That’s just it, they will have 4 losses or 1 loss. The problem with the 1 loss is that because of the division they play in, they won’t go to the conference championship, which means no to the final 4. There should have a been a rule set up that if you don’t win your conference championship you cannot go to the final 4 teams. That goes for any conference. It not a perfect fix, but it eliminates 2 teams from the same conference. 

I understand that there is frustration with seeing 2 teams from the same conference make it to the final 4, but you've got to admit that Bama and Georgia absolutely deserved to be there 2 years ago.  That was probably one of the best Natty games we've seen in a while, with the OT and all. 

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

10 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

I understand that there is frustration with seeing 2 teams from the same conference make it to the final 4, but you've got to admit that Bama and Georgia absolutely deserved to be there 2 years ago.  That was probably one of the best Natty games we've seen in a while, with the OT and all. 

Nope, because every year there is a team that “deserves” to be there, but because there are only 4 teams, someone gets left out. Auburn already beat Alabama that year which kept them out of the conference championship game.  why should Alabama have gotten another chance? As I said, it isn’t perfect, but conference champs should always go I over teams who don’t win with identical records, especially if the team doesn’t even play in the conference championship game. Alabama is the college football poster team so they will get the nod over anyone, regardless of whether it is deserved or not, unless they have 2 losses, but in the SEC there aren’t 2 teams that can beat them (maybe this season) but in years past the only team that had a chance was Georgia. I’m not saying that they aren’t good, or that they didn’t have a good season, but I have always felt if you don’t win the conference you shouldn’t get the opportunity at the national championship. Everyone has there own opinion on this, and that’s fine, this is just how I feel about it. They really need to go to some sort of playoff with 8-10 teams, by that doesn’t seem to be on the horizon any time soon. 

They’ll go 10-2 again. Might sneak out a late November win, but I think it’s around a 20% chance of that happening. Probably drop the ball on Iowa or ND.

Again, I haven’t read a darn thing about them this year. Not sure if I will.

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

They’ll go 10-2 again. Might sneak out a late November win, but I think it’s around a 20% chance of that happening. Probably drop the ball on Iowa or ND.

Again, I haven’t read a darn thing about them this year. Not sure if I will.

You got us in "the BIG HOUSE" this year... that's worth at least 6 points.

I’m not sure what this year will bring. But one thing for certain. I will be in line at the Notre Dame ticket office on July 25 th when tickets go on sale. Everyone was talking about this years senior open at Warren being the big event this summer at ND. Well, July 25 th each year is a mad house. Lines will easily be 1/2 mile long or more 

Keep it in the short stuff

On 7/5/2019 at 7:27 AM, Big money said:

I’m not sure what this year will bring. But one thing for certain. I will be in line at the Notre Dame ticket office on July 25 th when tickets go on sale. Everyone was talking about this years senior open at Warren being the big event this summer at ND. Well, July 25 th each year is a mad house. Lines will easily be 1/2 mile long or more 

Lucky you.  Please share pics like last year 👍.

Interesting..no love for Oregon in your poll.  I will take Clemson at this point...I love summe but I love college football as well

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

19 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Interesting..no love for Oregon in your poll.  I will take Clemson at this point...I love summe but I love college football as well

The only time I love Oregon is when their hammering Washington or Cal.  When I'm rooting for the PAC 12, it's for Washington State or Utah.  

• 2 weeks later...

Tick-tock... tick-tock. Just over a month away from the openers 🤗🏈.  Poll is suggesting another Alabama vs. Clemson finish... NO, say it ain't so. 🤮

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

It’s so...

Terrible isn’t it...?

Maybe this time we can get Bama, Georgia, Auburn, and LSU in the final 4?

Worse than terrible.  Thankfully ND will be there so you'll have a team to root for 😉.

30 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Not according to old Harbs...

Haha.

Well, I can honestly say I'd root for the Wolverines if they are in that group.

Well, I can honestly say I'd root for the Wolverines if they are in that group.

Since I have to go back to work tomorrow. The stress is already there...

So I decided to read a little about the Wolverines. Really digging the spread offense. It worked great during the first half last year against ND. Really well.

Then they decided to run up the middle... every darned play.

Like I said earlier. Just going to try and enjoy college football from now on. I really have no affiliation with Michigan, other than my uncle having a Doctorate of Phycology from there... that and being born in Flint Town.