Jump to content
fixyurdivot

2019 College Football

2019 FBS Winner  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win the 2019 Championship?

    • Alabama
      6
    • Clemson
      10
    • Georgia
      7
    • Florida
      0
    • Notre Dame
      1
    • Michigan
      2
    • Texas
      0
    • Ohio State
      5
    • Oklahoma
      1
    • LSU
      2
    • Washington State
      0
    • UCF
      0
    • Kentucky
      0
    • Washington
      0
    • Syracuse
      1
    • Penn State
      1
    • Army
      0
    • Fresno State
      0
    • Utah State
      0
    • West Virginia
      0
    • Boise State
      0
    • Texas A&M
      0
    • Utah
      0
    • Iowa
      0
    • None of these (let us know who)
      0


Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

I’m not sure what this year will bring. But one thing for certain. I will be in line at the Notre Dame ticket office on July 25 th when tickets go on sale. Everyone was talking about this years senior open at Warren being the big event this summer at ND. Well, July 25 th each year is a mad house. Lines will easily be 1/2 mile long or more 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2019 at 7:27 AM, Big money said:

I’m not sure what this year will bring. But one thing for certain. I will be in line at the Notre Dame ticket office on July 25 th when tickets go on sale. Everyone was talking about this years senior open at Warren being the big event this summer at ND. Well, July 25 th each year is a mad house. Lines will easily be 1/2 mile long or more 

Lucky you.  Please share pics like last year 👍.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting..no love for Oregon in your poll.  I will take Clemson at this point...I love summe but I love college football as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Interesting..no love for Oregon in your poll.  I will take Clemson at this point...I love summe but I love college football as well

The only time I love Oregon is when their hammering Washington or Cal.  When I'm rooting for the PAC 12, it's for Washington State or Utah.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tick-tock... tick-tock. Just over a month away from the openers 🤗🏈.  Poll is suggesting another Alabama vs. Clemson finish... NO, say it ain't so. 🤮

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tick-tock... tick-tock. Just over a month away from the openers .  Poll is suggesting another Alabama vs. Clemson finish... NO, say it ain't so. 🤮


It’s so...

Terrible isn’t it...?

Maybe this time we can get Bama, Georgia, Auburn, and LSU in the final 4?
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shankster said:

 


It’s so...

Terrible isn’t it...?

Maybe this time we can get Bama, Georgia, Auburn, and LSU in the final 4?

 

Worse than terrible.  Thankfully ND will be there so you'll have a team to root for 😉.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Worse than terrible.  Thankfully ND will be there so you'll have a team to root for .


Not according to old Harbs...

Haha.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Shankster said:

 


Not according to old Harbs...

Haha.

 

Well, I can honestly say I'd root for the Wolverines if they are in that group.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well, I can honestly say I'd root for the Wolverines if they are in that group.


Since I have to go back to work tomorrow. The stress is already there...

So I decided to read a little about the Wolverines. Really digging the spread offense. It worked great during the first half last year against ND. Really well.

Then they decided to run up the middle... every darned play.

Like I said earlier. Just going to try and enjoy college football from now on. I really have no affiliation with Michigan, other than my uncle having a Doctorate of Phycology from there... that and being born in Flint Town.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 9:00 PM, Kor.A.Door said:

Nope, because every year there is a team that “deserves” to be there, but because there are only 4 teams, someone gets left out. Auburn already beat Alabama that year which kept them out of the conference championship game.  why should Alabama have gotten another chance? As I said, it isn’t perfect, but conference champs should always go I over teams who don’t win with identical records, especially if the team doesn’t even play in the conference championship game. Alabama is the college football poster team so they will get the nod over anyone, regardless of whether it is deserved or not, unless they have 2 losses, but in the SEC there aren’t 2 teams that can beat them (maybe this season) but in years past the only team that had a chance was Georgia. I’m not saying that they aren’t good, or that they didn’t have a good season, but I have always felt if you don’t win the conference you shouldn’t get the opportunity at the national championship. Everyone has there own opinion on this, and that’s fine, this is just how I feel about it. They really need to go to some sort of playoff with 8-10 teams, by that doesn’t seem to be on the horizon any time soon. 

Disagree there. You want the 4 best teams in the CFB playoff, just as the committee has stated. Not the 4 best teams that are conference champs.
The committee obviously made the correct choice seeing as the Tide rolled in the playoff.
That Alabama team was a perfect example of a team that was extremely injury depleted at the time of their loss. In fact, they only played one game all year that their opponents were within a touchdown of them. Every team in the country that had a chance to get in the playoff, had at least one loss. Hell, the first team out of the playoff was a 2 loss OSU team. There is no shot that they were more deserving of a playoff spot having 2 losses including one being a 55-24 BLOWOUT to Iowa!
It's pretty easy to see the correct choice was made.


Moving on to this season, I just can't see a way that it's not either Alabama and Clemson or Georgia and Clemson.

But that's the beauty of college athletics, it'll prolly end up being none of the above. That's what makes it fun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Shankster said:

 


It’s so...

Terrible isn’t it...?

Maybe this time we can get Bama, Georgia, Auburn, and LSU in the final 4?

 

Inject this straight into my veins!!! Imagine the amount of butthurt that the rest of CFB would have lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Undershooter said:

Disagree there. You want the 4 best teams in the CFB playoff, just as the committee has stated. Not the 4 best teams that are conference champs.
The committee obviously made the correct choice seeing as the Tide rolled in the playoff.
That Alabama team was a perfect example of a team that was extremely injury depleted at the time of their loss. In fact, they only played one game all year that their opponents were within a touchdown of them. Every team in the country that had a chance to get in the playoff, had at least one loss. Hell, the first team out of the playoff was a 2 loss OSU team. There is no shot that they were more deserving of a playoff spot having 2 losses including one being a 55-24 BLOWOUT to Iowa!
It's pretty easy to see the correct choice was made.


Moving on to this season, I just can't see a way that it's not either Alabama and Clemson or Georgia and Clemson.

But that's the beauty of college athletics, it'll prolly end up being none of the above. That's what makes it fun.

Georgia, Alabama and Clemson will all 3 most likely get into the playoff since there isn’t going to be a challenge to them within their conference. the 4th team will probably be Oklahoma based on the horrible conference they will get to walk through again. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just glad the usual suspects are posting on this topic...Kor.A.Door, Shankster, Undershooter, etc...always a good discussion, especially on Mondays to talk the weekend games. I love this time of year with everyone thinking this is their year, but in the back of our minds, we know there's only 4-6 teams that have a legitimate chance barring major injuries to skill positions. 

I voted Georgia, but I don't know if they have the mental capacity to last 4 qtrs in the SEC championship game against Saban again. Bama and Clemson will be stout. I don't know why people downplay OU, they just got Bamas former starting QB and have produced the last two Heismans. OUs defense is suspect but they've got plenty of offensive talent. Texas is WAYYY overhyped but I love it. They'll still have 9 wins but they'll stumble to some lowly teams along the way. 

Final 4 prediction: Bama, Clemson, OU, Ohio St. 

Not-so-hot take for this season: Harbaugh is done at Michigan after this year. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harbs done? I don’t think they can get anyone else. Who the heck wants to go to Ann Arbor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

Georgia, Alabama and Clemson will all 3 most likely get into the playoff since there isn’t going to be a challenge to them within their conference. the 4th team will probably be Oklahoma based on the horrible conference they will get to walk through again. 

Alabama and Clemson's schedules are extremely week. I'd be surprised if they lose a game in the reg season without major injuries to key players. Georgia's schedule is pretty decent but shouldn't kill them either.


OU offense likely won't miss a beat with Jalen stepping in a QB. I hope he has a killer season.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

I'm just glad the usual suspects are posting on this topic...Kor.A.Door, Shankster, Undershooter, etc...always a good discussion, especially on Mondays to talk the weekend games. I love this time of year with everyone thinking this is their year, but in the back of our minds, we know there's only 4-6 teams that have a legitimate chance barring major injuries to skill positions. 

I voted Georgia, but I don't know if they have the mental capacity to last 4 qtrs in the SEC championship game against Saban again. Bama and Clemson will be stout. I don't know why people downplay OU, they just got Bamas former starting QB and have produced the last two Heismans. OUs defense is suspect but they've got plenty of offensive talent. Texas is WAYYY overhyped but I love it. They'll still have 9 wins but they'll stumble to some lowly teams along the way. 

Final 4 prediction: Bama, Clemson, OU, Ohio St. 

Not-so-hot take for this season: Harbaugh is done at Michigan after this year. 

 

Ohio most likely will have to be undefeated, depending  on Alabama and Georgia. If Alabama has 1 loss and Ohio has 1 loss. Alabama will go hands down regardless of anything else. If Georgia, Ohio, and Oklahoma all have 1 loss I think Oklahoma May be left out. If Ohio and Georgia have 1 loss then it becomes difficult, and I think Ohio because of the conference championship would go. There really is only 6 teams that have a chance 7 if you count ND. Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio, Oklahoma , Washington. ND if they can manage to go undefeated. Those are the only teams that have a chance to get in the final 4. I would consider 2 of them locks. If Georgia has 1 loss or less they are 98%, they are out if 2 of the other 4 teams are undefeated. It will be interesting to see how these teams fare throughout the season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, silver & black said:

I doubt my Buckeyes will make much noise this year, but ya never know.

I always root for the "state" colleges... they are the epitome of college football IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I always root for the "state" colleges... they are the epitome of college football IMHO.

It will depend on how well the new coach does.... and the QB, which will probably be Martell. I might be wrong, but I think it will be a down year for Ohio State.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...