fixyurdivot

2019 College Football

2019 FBS Winner  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win the 2019 Championship?

• Alabama
    • Clemson
    • Georgia
    • Florida
    • Notre Dame
    • Michigan
    • Texas
    • Ohio State
    • Oklahoma
    • LSU
    • Washington State
    • UCF
    • Kentucky
    • Washington
    • Syracuse
    • Penn State
    • Army
    • Fresno State
    • Utah State
    • West Virginia
    • Boise State
    • Texas A&M
    • Utah
    • Iowa
    • None of these (let us know who)

7 hours ago, silver & black said:

The QB not being mentioned here is Justin Herbert. I think I would take him over Burrow and Lawrence at this point. Call it a hunch, but I think he wil be a very good NFL QB.

What about your guy Fields? 

36 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

What about your guy Fields? 

I don't think he's an NFL QB. Ohio State seems to love athletic, running style QB's. He is less of a running QB as in the past, but I don't feel he is an NFL starting QB. Maybe a quality back up. Having said that, he will probably make me eat my words...lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, silver & black said:

The QB not being mentioned here is Justin Herbert. I think I would take him over Burrow and Lawrence at this point. Call it a hunch, but I think he wil be a very good NFL QB.

Yeah, it would've been fun to see him in the playoffs instead of OU again. Regrettably, one worthy P5 team gets left out in the current CFB playoff format. Expanding it to 6 or 8, minimum, to accommodate all P5 league champions rectifies this.

The bowls are glorified exhibition games, anyway. Every other CFB level - FCS, D2, & D3 - has a playoff tourney.

47 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

I personally don't love Herbert as a prospect. He's extremely projectable size wise and has an absolute cannon but I've seen a bunch of accuracy issues out of him. And the games I've watched, his reads haven't been great either.

Admittedly, I've easily watched him the least of the QBs in this draft, but he's the a long way behind Burrow or Tua imo. Of course Lawrence isn't eligible till next year.

I know what you're saying, but NFL coaching goes a long way. He has the tools and the intangibles to be a quality NFL QB...imo.

24 hours to go Boys

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I don't think he's an NFL QB. Ohio State seems to love athletic, running style QB's. He is less of a running QB as in the past, but I don't feel he is an NFL starting QB. Maybe a quality back up. Having said that, he will probably make me eat my words...lol.

19 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I know what you're saying, but NFL coaching goes a long way. He has the tools and the intangibles to be a quality NFL QB...imo.

I haven't formed my opinion on Fields just yet. I agree with your assessment currently, but there definitely arm talent there. Being a physical freak doesn't hurt either. We'll see if he progresses next year.

I'm not saying Herbert will be bad, but accuracy is one of the things that translates well to the NFL and Herbert's is spotty at times. Hopefully whoever drafts him will be able to let him sit behind someone for a while and learn. I hope the same for Tua for other reasons. Though they are obvious. 

• Like 1

Vegas picked LSU -5.5 points, but ESPN's "Football Power Index" has Clemson as a 55% favorite.

Who ya got? 🐯

I want to introduce my granddaughter to Joe Burrow

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I want to introduce my granddaughter to Joe Burrow emoji16.png

I didn't know you knew Joe.  When did you meet him?   😁

• Like 1

I didn't know you knew Joe.  When did you meet him?   

Went to different schools together

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm at a LSU fan's watch party for the game and it's pretty hard not to pull for em tonight.

This may be the only time I ever say this, but they should let the band play Neck. 

• Like 2

That was an amazing game to watch!! So glad Burrow and LSU pulled it off! Great win Orgeron.. and I’m rather happy to see Goldilocks lose. Real gracious loser.. 🙄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PMookie said:

IMG_1796.JPG

Laissez les bon temps roule! 

7 hours ago, GB13 said:

That was an amazing game to watch!! So glad Burrow and LSU pulled it off! Great win Orgeron.. and I’m rather happy to see Goldilocks lose. Real gracious loser.. 🙄

Sunshine wasn't real happy after the game, was he?

His passing was off much of the game, but that can probably be attributed to LSU's pressure and tight coverage. Too many overthrown balls.

What LSU did with their offense in only one off-season is remarkable. LSU is arguably the most complete team we've seen in awhile. Just look at Joe Burrow's stats YOY 2018 vs 2019.

Definitely one of the more entertaining to watch. Looking forward to our 2020 game in Red Stick. 🤘

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Congrats bayou tigres.  Y’all beat us like a bag of range balls tonight. 

Hell, I thought y'all were gonna make a comeback only down 3 points in Q3. Sunshine was just a little off. Happens to the best of 'em.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Congrats bayou tigres.  Y’all beat us like a bag of range balls tonight. 

I did not get to see the game after Clemson had pulled within 3 after the half and had forced LSU to punt on the next series.  Just started my laptop and the first clickbait I see is about a "controversial PI call costs Clemson title"... expecting a point spread of 4 or less.  Then I see the final score of 42-25... yea, I don't think a PI call is responsible 🙄.  Glad LSU won... along with FSU, my favorite SEC program. 

Lots of guys moving onto the big dance and changes to starting lineups.  I'm already looking forward to the 2020 season!