2019 FBS Winner  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2019 Championship?

• Alabama
    • Clemson
    • Georgia
    • Florida
    • Notre Dame
    • Michigan
    • Texas
    • Ohio State
    • Oklahoma
    • LSU
    • Washington State
    • UCF
    • Kentucky
    • Washington
    • Syracuse
    • Penn State
    • Army
    • Fresno State
    • Utah State
    • West Virginia
    • Boise State
    • Texas A&M
    • Utah
    • Iowa
    • None of these (let us know who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Our Sponsors

Out-of-state tuition for many southern schools is often significantly cheaper than in-state tuition at many northern schools.  It's not a slight, just a fact.

Virginia Tech's current geographical diversity suggests 23% of the current student body is from New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Pennsylvania or Maryland.  The majority of my wife and I's friends at VT were from those states.  They all came to VT for slightly better weather and significantly lower tuition costs.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys should have graduated from the University of Kansas like me. I live stress free until March. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

My biggest complaint about these games is the start time. If I am a fan of either team, I can stay up, watch, and deal with the inevitable day of being tired, but since I really had no skin in the gam

This is what I have to say about it. Sic em Dawgs!!!!! Hooah! Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Posted Images

5 hours ago, GSwag said:

Again, these are just examples. 

It doesn't matter who the team is!!!!

Playing glorified scrimmages against colleges that have players who could literally get killed matching up against an SEC or ACC football team is not healthy for college football.  You've got 3 or 4 MEANINGLESS scrimmages a year that do nothing for the sport, or for either school, except make the larger school feel good about themselves and prop up their record for pollsters.  All of these games should have asterisks next to the results, and not be counted as either a win or a loss by either school.

The AP, coaches poll, an other influences - looking at you ESPN - give lip service to strength-of-schedule. Until teams are penalized objectively for soft OOC schedules, they'll continue to fill-in 4 slots with cupcakes. Yes, it puts the Big 12, Pac 12 and B1G at a BIG disadvantage playing 9 conference games.

Most every P5 team you can name is much stronger and deeper than the Western Carolinas, Lamars, and Tarleton States of the world. 

• Like 1

My :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130 cart bag currently includes;

Driver: :srixon-small: z565 10.5*, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6 S-Flex
Fairways:  :callaway-small: X-Hot 15* & 18*, Project X PXv R-Flex
Irons: :benhogan-small:Apex Plus, 4-PW, Apex S4-Flex
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CG10; 50*, 54*, 58*, Dynamic Gold W-flex 

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro Blade #2
Grips: Golf Pride MCC-Plus 4 & Lamkin UTx
Ball: Kirkland Signature 3-Piece 

Beckham doing something stupid and emphasizing his narcissist character... who'd have thunk it 🙄.  If he's got a beef with the system (the same one who afforded him the opportunity to secure a $90M contract) he should use some of his nest egg to file suit against the NCAA - as opposed to grandstanding during the LSU players celebration.

• Like 4

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

48 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Beckham doing something stupid and emphasizing his narcissist character... who'd have thunk it 🙄.  If he's got a beef with the system (the same one who afforded him the opportunity to secure a $90M contract) he should use some of his nest egg to file suit against the NCAA - as opposed to grandstanding during the LSU players celebration.

Nothing will happen to LSU over it. If they can get through that children's hospital crap unscathed, then I'm sure this will blow over quickly. Their administration has plenty of NCAA ties.

The "it was fake money" and the "they are all no longer student athletes bc they are leaving for the draft" excuses were hilarious though. I did get quite a chuckle out of those!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

Now, lets see how the social media rumor-mill negatively affects the program in the short term.  The truth is, Fuente turned Baylor down for a meeting so, Baylor flew to Blacksburg in an attempt to change his mind.  Local flight logs appear to verify that to be true. 

Winnings cures everything so, the new staff can make it go away very quickly by doing just that.  Lots of new faces on that coaching staff.  We will see how it all unfolds. 

• Like 2

Some coaches, and their agents, will put stuff in the media to get their coach some attention for either a raise from the current school or a new school. Was their interest from the Baylor side in all of this? Yes. Was Fuente the top choice? I don't believe so. I don't know if Fuente knew he wasn't the top choice so he posted this to save face. The VT fan boards were excited to see Fuente potentially leave but his name didn't spark excitement with the Baylor fan base. I have no idea the real story because according to Baylor pay sites, folks who live in Waco, have plenty of sources on the inside, etc. still haven't heard much in regards to the top candidate(s). 

There have been some bigger names floated on the pay sites along with Fuente, Napier, Aranda (DC at LSU) and McGuire. 

I think Napier is stringing Baylor along. I really do think he's waiting for a SEC HC spot to open up. 

I think Aranda and McGuire are probably the most realistic choices at this point. Or some bigger fish that emerges. The Baylor AD has been exceptionally good at keeping this hiring process a secret. And just for some background, Matt Rhule wasn't even mentioned as a candidate until the day he was hired at Baylor. The AD has also made some exceptional hires in other sports so I know he will find the right guy for the job...and money won't be an issue (see Rhule's salary). 

• :taylormade-small: SIM 10.5* w/ Kyoshi Black 65X tipped 1/2" 
  • :cobra-small: F7+ 3W 14.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
  • :adams-small: Pro DHy 18* w/ Hzrdus Black 85 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :mizuno-small: 921 SEL 5-PW w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54* & 58* w/ AWT 2.0 
  • :ping-small: Vault Arna w/ KBS CT Tour
  • '20 :bridgestone-small: Tour B X
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week. 
5 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Some coaches, and their agents, will put stuff in the media to get their coach some attention for either a raise from the current school or a new school. Was their interest from the Baylor side in all of this? Yes. Was Fuente the top choice? I don't believe so. I don't know if Fuente knew he wasn't the top choice so he posted this to save face. The VT fan boards were excited to see Fuente potentially leave but his name didn't spark excitement with the Baylor fan base. I have no idea the real story because according to Baylor pay sites, folks who live in Waco, have plenty of sources on the inside, etc. still haven't heard much in regards to the top candidate(s). 

There have been some bigger names floated on the pay sites along with Fuente, Napier, Aranda (DC at LSU) and McGuire. 

I think Napier is stringing Baylor along. I really do think he's waiting for a SEC HC spot to open up. 

I think Aranda and McGuire are probably the most realistic choices at this point. Or some bigger fish that emerges. The Baylor AD has been exceptionally good at keeping this hiring process a secret. And just for some background, Matt Rhule wasn't even mentioned as a candidate until the day he was hired at Baylor. The AD has also made some exceptional hires in other sports so I know he will find the right guy for the job...and money won't be an issue (see Rhule's salary). 

I agree, I don't believe Fuente was ever the "top choice" and he isn't getting a raise from VT following 6-7 and 8-5 seasons.  And with an almost entirely new coaching staff under him following the retirement of Bud Foster and Charlie Wyles, the new guys aren't getting raises either.  Of the 18 on-field coaches on staff, 13 have never coached a game in Blacksburg.  The VT fan boards will eat their own young.  Most want to see Shane Beamer as the head coach.  Hometown hero, son of a legend, last name "Beamer" etc.  Not sure that was ever a real consideration.  

I don't buy into the message board chatter.  My wife has personal and professional ties inside VT athletics as well as administration.  Her professional email address ends with @VT.edu!  So, I knew a lot of what was being rumored was complete BS.  Good luck on finding the right fit for Baylor!

An arrest warrant has been put out for OBJ for slapping a cop on the ass after the NC game lol

Looks to be for simple battery

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

21 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Yes, it puts the Big 12, Pac 12 and B1G at a BIG disadvantage playing 9 conference games.

As you have noticed (I hope), you have not been getting many replies here.  (Must be a reason).

But, I just couldn't let this fly.

When the Big 12, Pac 12, and B1G play 9 conference games, the bottom of these conference is the same level of talent as other conferences playing G5 schools and that is just too funny to let pass.

• Like 2

CURRENTLY TESTING: SkyCaddie SX400

:ping-small:  G400 Driver, Alta CB 55 S, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 3W, Alta CB S Flex 65, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 19*, Alta CB S Flex 70, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 4-U Irons, Alta CB S Flex, Winn Dri-Tac

:callaway-small: Smart Sole SW,

:odyssey-small: White Steel 2 Ball SRT Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab Grip

29 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

An arrest warrant has been put out for OBJ for slapping a cop on the ass after the NC game lol

Looks to be for simple battery

Sounds like a cop wants to pad his pension a bit!

• Sad 1

I don’t look at conference records for the bowl games. I just want to see good football games and I Don’t really care who wins at that point. I thought Michigan played a great game against Alabama, it was a well played game, and if Patterson could have made the throws on a couple of those overthrows the final score would have been closer, not saying Mich would’ve won, but it would have been closer. I think there were other games vs SEC teams that very good close games as well. They were 9-2 but could have been 6-5. I just want competitive bowl games. Who wants to watch 35-0 in a bowl game

• Like 2

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

38 minutes ago, gobama84 said:

As you have noticed (I hope), you have not been getting many replies here.  (Must be a reason).

But, I just couldn't let this fly.

When the Big 12, Pac 12, and B1G play 9 conference games, the bottom of these conference is the same level of talent as other conferences playing G5 schools and that is just too funny to let pass.

No offense, but I didn't miss you, Bud, or Sixcat.

The SEC's mid-to-bottom isn't any better than the other four P5 conferences. But, go on believing what the shills at ESPN feed you.

1 hour ago, Kor.A.Door said:

I don’t look at conference records for the bowl games. I just want to see good football games and I Don’t really care who wins at that point. I thought Michigan played a great game against Alabama, it was a well played game, and if Patterson could have made the throws on a couple of those overthrows the final score would have been closer, not saying Mich would’ve won, but it would have been closer. I think there were other games vs SEC teams that very good close games as well. They were 9-2 but could have been 6-5. I just want competitive bowl games. Who wants to watch 35-0 in a bowl game

Exactly

And to your and @GSwag 's point, who wants to watch - let alone pay to attend - guaranteed blow outs versus FCS cupcakes or lesser G5 teams? Personally, I'm not going to argue "who has the best conference" because there's no way to measure it objectively. Every P5 league has good, middling, and bad teams. One year, ESPN is touting a conference's bowl record and the next they're saying it "doesn't matter". Whatever fits their narrative at the time.

Having said that, perhaps Sagarin does the best job with analytics and ratings? http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

According to the Sagarin rankings, the SEC has the best conference and it's not particularly close. 3 of the top 5, 4 of the top 10, 6 of the top 20, 8 of the top 40, and 12 of the top 60 are SEC teams.

There is also a FCS team at 31 and 6 of the top 30 teams are G5 teams...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

According to the Sagarin rankings, the SEC has the best conference and it's not particularly close. 3 of the top 5, 4 of the top 10, 6 of the top 20, 8 of the top 40, and 12 of the top 60 are SEC teams.

There is also a FCS team at 31 and 6 of the top 30 teams are G5 teams...

The SEC had a really good season this year, and we’re the best. Particularly the top 3 in the conference. They were very good. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Tua was healthy. That could have been interesting. I really don’t care who plays who, I just want to see good football. Like the Clemson vs Ohio State, and also Clemson vs. LSU. LSU was just the better team, they were all season and they deserved the win. You could see in the second half. Clemson just didn’t have enough. They played well, just got beat by a better overall team

• Like 2

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Baylor takes away LSU top assistants. Rhule takes Brady to Charlotte and then we name Aranda head coach. Talk of Aranda bringing over the safeties coach to be our DC and grabbing Utah‘s OC for the same position

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1
  • :taylormade-small: SIM 10.5* w/ Kyoshi Black 65X tipped 1/2" 
  • :cobra-small: F7+ 3W 14.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
  • :adams-small: Pro DHy 18* w/ Hzrdus Black 85 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :mizuno-small: 921 SEL 5-PW w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54* & 58* w/ AWT 2.0 
  • :ping-small: Vault Arna w/ KBS CT Tour
  • '20 :bridgestone-small: Tour B X
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week. 
44 minutes ago, Kor.A.Door said:

The SEC had a really good season this year, and we’re the best. Particularly the top 3 in the conference. They were very good. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Tua was healthy. That could have been interesting. I really don’t care who plays who, I just want to see good football. Like the Clemson vs Ohio State, and also Clemson vs. LSU. LSU was just the better team, they were all season and they deserved the win. You could see in the second half. Clemson just didn’t have enough. They played well, just got beat by a better overall team

I agree. I also agree with your earlier point that bowl records are meaningless. You don't know which teams are motivated, which teams coaches are leaves, plus players might not play to prep for the draft. There's a lot of variables in there. Plus you aren't always matching up equal teams. Such as a conference's 2 vs another's 2 for example.

Back to Clemson. To me, Clemson is such a wildcard every year. You know they are great but it's impossible to know just how great they are going into the playoffs. Because they only play 2 or 3 decent or good teams a year, you don't really know how they'll react to adversity or to an equal/better opponent. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Baylor takes away LSU top assistants. Rhule takes Brady to Charlotte and then we name Aranda head coach. Talk of Aranda bringing over the safeties coach to be our DC and grabbing Utah‘s OC for the same position

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

You like the hire? He gonna keep McGuire? 

1 hour ago, Kor.A.Door said:

Agreed - this year - and you can certainly make the argument that Bama was the 4th best team and worthy of a playoff spot. I just want good, competitive games, too. I understand why everybody schedules at least one bye week, though. Ours was LaTech.