fixyurdivot

2019 College Football

2019 FBS Winner  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win the 2019 Championship?

• Alabama
    • Clemson
    • Georgia
    • Florida
    • Notre Dame
    • Michigan
    • Texas
    • Ohio State
    • Oklahoma
    • LSU
    • Washington State
    • UCF
    • Kentucky
    • Washington
    • Syracuse
    • Penn State
    • Army
    • Fresno State
    • Utah State
    • West Virginia
    • Boise State
    • Texas A&M
    • Utah
    • Iowa
    • None of these (let us know who)

Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, silver & black said:

I know all about Bo Jackson's injury.... and what went down afterward. I just think Tua will never be the same. Of course, I'm probably wrong, but I wouldn't bet on it...lol. 

I don't see Gruden/Mayock taking a QB in this draft unless it's for a back up roll. Carr will be the guy in Vegas... at least for the first year. I don't think Gruden is happy with him.... and at least 50% of Raiders fans aren't either.... me included. The Raiders have more pressing needs than QB right now. I have no doubt Carr will be replaced at some point, just not next season.

Being a Raiders fan, I assumed you were familiar with Bo's. But Tua's injury doesn't include the nerve or vessel damage. Which is what kept Bo from ever being able to get right. Tua is currently ahead of schedule and expected to make a complete recovery.

I meant to reference CJ Mosley in my last post btw, not Moses. His injury is most similar to Tua's and he's been one of the best linebackers in the NFL since being drafted.

I expect the Raiders to draft a WR early and get help on defense. Carr's contract is likely bigger than they'd like to eat this season. Plus he's not totally useless. I just don't think he and Gruden get along at all. I work with a massive Raiders fan, so I try to keep up with them more than I used to. Plus my "hot take" from last season was that Josh Jacobs would be the best NFL back Bama's produced. So I guess I've got some skin in their offense. 

• Like 1

National Championship Game Viewership (MM)

35.6 '05 TX/USC

34.2 '14 OSU/ORE

28.8 '06 UF/OSU

28.5 '09 TX/ALA

28.4 '17 ALA/UGA

27.3 '10 ORE/AUB

26.8 '08 UF/OU

26.4 '12 ALA/ND

26.2 '15 ALA/CLE

26.1 '13 AUB/FSU

25.6 '19 LSU/CLEM 

25.3 '18 CLEM/ALA

25.3 '16 CLEM/ALA

24.2 '11 LSU/ALA

23.1 '07 LSU/OSU

I hope Tua recovers fully. He's a great talent that will be fun to watch. I'd love to see the Raiders get Jerry Jeudy or CeeDee Lamb, but I don't think there is much chance of that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silver & black said:

I hope Tua recovers fully. He's a great talent that will be fun to watch. I'd love to see the Raiders get Jerry Jeudy or CeeDee Lamb, but I don't think there is much chance of that.

I think there's a decent chance one of them would fall to 12. If not one of them, Tee Higgins declared for the draft as well.

Honestly, I had hoped the Tua injury would scare off Miami and he'd fall to a decent team. I don't think it'll happen at this point though.

• Like 1

With Mortensen and Schefter both confirming that Rivers has moved to Florida, I think there is a very good chance that the Chargers trade up to get Tua now. I know this doesn’t mean Rivers is retiring or not gonna play for them this year but it seems to be a big step in that direction. Unless another QB like Hurts, Herbert, or Love blow them away.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I thought you might enjoy this @txgolfjunkie

https://www.panthers.com/news/david-tepper-matt-rhule-go-to-brooks-sandwich-shop-charlotte

For those that don't know the story.  Brooks Sandwich House has been a Charlotte fixture for 50 years.  The twin brothers took over when their father passed away several years ago.  Scott Brooks was opening up the restaurant on December 9th when he was shot and killed.  Sadly, the murder is still unsolved.  Matt Rhule is really ingratiating himself to the entire community. 

I would also point out, new Panthers owner David Tepper also just purchased Waterford Golf Club in nearby Rock Hill, SC.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, sixcat said:

I would also point out, new Panthers owner David Tepper also just purchased Waterford Golf Club in nearby Rock Hill, SC.

I didn’t realize that this made it into the news.   We still have no idea what’s going to actually happen to the course. 

1 hour ago, JohnSmalls said:

I didn’t realize that this had made it into the news.   We still have no idea what’s going to actually happen to the course.