TESTERS WANTED! ×

Best stand/carry bag?

rowjow

Looking to buy a new stand bag, has anybody got a particular bag which stands out and any adivce on what to get. Looking for a lightweight, room for waterproofs and nice looking bag! Suggestions would be great.. Thanks

The below bags are possible options!

601.jpg

PING%204%20Under-Black.png

TaylorMade_2011_Tour_Stand_Bag_LG.jpg

Titleist%20Lightweight%20Stand%20Bag%20Red%20Big.jpg

I'll second the Ogio. I Previously had bag-boy, Sun Mountain and Nike bags, like the Ogio better. Seemed lighter, better legs and had more useful pockets.

Picked up one of these last summer.

grom_stealth_10_500x.jpg

Driver: Bridgestone J40 - 445

Woods: TEE - 4

Hybrids - Adams Super 19*/22*

Irons: Adams CB2

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11 54*/58*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Sonoma

The best bag I have ever owned is my Club Glove bag. My Club glove bag is a model that's no longer being made but I still have it and when I first bought this bag I was amazed at the weight and the accessories. You could attach or take off the pockets according to what you needed or wanted. I personally loved this bag. also I still would be using it if i was able to walk the course , but since my three knee surgeries I have been using a cart. Once I get back to walking I'll be using it again and its got to be over 10 years old. Also another good bag is the Ping Hoofer which I still have as well and that's another 10 year old bag. Both bags very well made and I love the functionality of both! JMO. Here's a pic of the Newer version i believe of the bag I have by Club Glove.

f9361a28.jpg

3b976df4.jpg

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Definitely not the first one. I don't think Florida Gator colors could get any uglier.

"Never criticize anyone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you have their shoes."

Personally, I've had bad experiences with Ogios in terms of the legs breaking. I've had 2 Sun Mountain bags now (one Titleist, one Sun Mountain) and they've been outstanding. The 3.5 or 4.5 are great options, just depends if you want the 14 dividers and how much the weight matters to you.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

You might want to wait till the new taylormade bags come out... If you search mgs you will see pics. They are a hybrid of cart and carry because they come with wheels..

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

I have an Adidas AG Tour Stand Bag, which is a rebadge job of the Taylormade item you are considering. It is a very goodlooking, high quality bag, with enough storage space and a good divider. It is on the heave side though if have to carry it 18 holes, I use it when i only go on the practice range. And I don't like the insulated place where you have to put your drinks, it is too small and in an awkward place.

But I am very happy with it, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again !

In custom James Stewart golfbag:
Ping Tour-S Rustique 60/TS & 55/13 / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping i20 4-PW+UW / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping G15 2H 17° & driver 9° / stiff aldila serrano / ping 703
Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball / 33" / 2°up
Srixon AD333 - Oakley Flack Jacket XLJ G30

• 4 weeks later...

Check out OGIO golf bags. I have the Ogio Grom stand bag and I have no complaints.

Driver:  Titleist 915D2 9.5* (Set at 10.25*) w/ Diamana S+ Blue
Fairway:  TaylorMade Aeroburner Black 16.5* HL w/ Matrix Rul-Z 
Hybrids:  Titleist 915H 18*(Set at 19.5*) w/ Diamana S+ Blue
Irons:  Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi (4 Iron) w/ Graphite Design Aura Blue
            Mizuno JPX-850 Forged (5-9) w/ True Temper XP 105
Wedges:  Mizuno JPX-850 Forged (PW 45*) w/ True Temper XP 105
                 Mizuno MP-R12 (50*, 54*, 58*) w/ DG Spinner
Putter:  Scotty Cameron Select GoLo S

Balls:  Callaway Chrome Soft / TaylorMade Project (a)
Bag:  OGIO Chamber
Shoes:  Nike TW '15

I have to post about this one. I gave the original poster my opinion in a private message.

If you want a bag, and never walk--just get one that will fit in your car. If you walk, there are two - maybe 3 - bag companies that make the grade. Period.

Sun mountain 3.5, or slx.

Ping hoofer, or 4 under.

Titleist--which is basically a sun mountain. Many Titleist only have 1 strap for some reason though.

The other stand bags are absolute joke. If you have no complaints about such monstrosities such as ogio, Nike, callaway, taylormade, et al. that is because your stand bag is put directly on a cart for your round. If you actually carry those things, then you prefer a heavier bag with a poor strap set-up.

The sun mountain and ping selections are vastly superior to the rest of the lot. The ping fits in the bag well of a cart

Better when you actually ride, so I give the nod to ping.

Ping 4under.

• 2 weeks later...

id suggest the adidas clutch bag. it weighs less than 5 pounds and has a cooler, valuables pockect and two larger pockets for balls and such. the whole bag is water proof including the zippers. im currently using this bag and i love it because i play in matches and tournaments year round without carts.

I have 3 bags.

Ping 4 Under for carrying.

Some Nike 14 divider for a trolley

Titleist pencil bag for 9 holes in the summer/driving range - throw a few clubs in and head out...

Ping 4 under is awesome. Mine is mostly red with some white and black trim.

Previously had a taylormade stand bag. legs didnt last very long, was heavy, strap system was poor.

Ping straps will take a bit of getting used to, but the winner for me.

Driver: Mizuno JPX-800 10.5 degree; stiff shaft; Golf Pride Multi-Compound

3 Wood: Taylormade R9, stiff shaft (set to NU)

Hybrid: Ping G15 17 degree; stiff graphite shaft

Irons: Mizuno JPX-800; Project X 5.5; Golf Pride Multi-Compound

Wedges: Cleveland CG12 52 (smoked finish), 56 (oilcan finish) & 60 degree (chrome finish)

Putter: Odyssey White Ice No. 1; Scotty Cameron Studio Design No. 5

I also play a set of Titleist 1980s Tour Forged Irons with regular shaft. These are excellent for practice, as is the Titliest PT 20 degree 5 wood that accompanies them.

IMO - ping and sun mountain make great general use walking bags. light weight, durable, great strap stystems, stable base.

What in my Ping Hoofer?

Taylor Made Burner (09) Driver

Taylor Made Burner (07) 3&5 woods

Ping Eye2+

Ping G2i Craz-E

Archived