Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Dustin Johnson's DUI Video

72strokes

http://72strokes.com...sons-dui-video/

Dustin Johnson's DUI Video

by DEREK on FEBRUARY 23, 2011

1-1-1-dustin-dui.jpg

Yesterday, the South Carolina Dept of Public Safety released the dashcam footage of Dustin Johnson's DUI arrest in 2009. Last week, Johnson's DUI charge was dropped and he instead plead guilty to Reckless Driving.

When Johnson was arrested, his bail was set at $2247 which is the amount recommended for people arrested with a BAC higher than .16 (the legal limit is .08). It's pretty clear from the video that he shouldn't have been driving.

On a side note, how do you get released from jail 22 minutes after being booked for DUI?

Derek

72strokeslogo_green.jpg

That dude is REALLY tall...

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I used to be a fan of Dustin Johnson ,but not so much anymore.I saw a interview with him and I thought he came across as very cocky.I've just had enough I understand you have to be a little cocky to be good. Also the blunder last week almost missing his tee time ,come on ,your a professional

Callaway razr x tour 5-pw

titleist 585h 24 &21 hybrid

Heavy wedge 52 gap wedge

Nike sv sand and lob wedge

Callaway Diablo Octane tour Driver

Adams F 11 3 wood

Seemore ci2 or Bettinardi studio stock 2

Does everyone realize this is almost 2 years ago? I don't see the point of throwing stones at others mistakes when it's already been dealt with....JMO. We all could dig up some dirty laundry from the past!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Does everyone realize this is almost 2 years ago? I don't see the point of throwing stones at others mistakes when it's already been dealt with....JMO. We all could dig up some dirty laundry from the past!

I am sorry but I can not get over how many famous people with money get out of trouble vs. paying the price for their crimes.

BTW he was read his rights but it was not exactly by the book, so what..... He was drunk just imagine what if he crashed into someone you cared about....

"Breathalyzer test result of 0.16 or greater,"

"there were issues with Johnson's field sobriety test, and also that Johnson's Miranda rights were not properly read to him, according to video evidence."

Jay

My sentiments exactly.I watched the video and I drive that road 2 or 3 times a week and it looked like to me he was not weaving no more than anyone else and it looked like he was following the speed limit which is 30 mph on that road. The video is fuzzy at best. I know the Scum News (Sun News) played it up to it's higest level and even brought up his past when he got in to trouble as a teenager. The scum News ticked off some local businesses over he whole matter and they threatened to pull their advertising. As far as getting the charges reduced it happens every day down here. after all we are Horry County S.C. the banana republic and we have the best court system money can buy!! Hell they even caught the mayor of Surfside Beach where Dustin's incident took place for DUI and he fired the cop that arrested him!! I can go on and on this place is like one big soap opera.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Make a big deal of "Breathalyzer test result of 0.16 or greater". Then find someone who has firsthand knowledge (I was in Law Enforcement for 17 years) and find out just how much drinking it takes to reach .16. It isn't much! Ever stop in to the clubhouse and have 2-3 beers after a round? You were very close to that kind of measurement and could have been the one in the stories and video.

My point is this: Its easy to grab onto a stat that someone sensationalizes and make it sound like a real big deal. Its a lot harder to pay no attention to the sensational writings and think about things as they really are.

But regardless of all that, I do not support or condone drinking and driving. DJ shouldn't have done it and neither should anyone else.

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Make a big deal of "Breathalyzer test result of 0.16 or greater". Then find someone who has firsthand knowledge (I was in Law Enforcement for 17 years) and find out just how much drinking it takes to reach .16. It isn't much! Ever stop in to the clubhouse and have 2-3 beers after a round? You were very close to that kind of measurement and could have been the one in the stories and video.

My point is this: Its easy to grab onto a stat that someone sensationalizes and make it sound like a real big deal. Its a lot harder to pay no attention to the sensational writings and think about things as they really are.

But regardless of all that, I do not support or condone drinking and driving. DJ shouldn't have done it and neither should anyone else.

I also agree with your post. I was a vol fireman / EMT for over 20 years myself and like you being ex law enforcement have also seen my share of DUI fatalities. I do not condone drunk driving and like you said a person can have 3 beers an blow higher than a .08. I know here at the beach they catch a lot of DUIs I drive a wrecker and 95% of my rotation calls with the HP and county involve alcohol. My point was that the press down here blew the Dustin thing out of proportion and the courts make "deals" everyday.I did read last week that our neighbors in N.C.are proposing even tougher DUI laws mandantory in other words no "deals"

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I used to be a fan of Dustin Johnson ,but not so much anymore.I saw a interview with him and I thought he came across as very cocky.I've just had enough I understand you have to be a little cocky to be good. Also the blunder last week almost missing his tee time ,come on ,your a professional

I agree - but then again, most professional athletes are actually overly egotistical and narcissistic - despite what they appear to be in front of cameras or when performing. ala Tiger. I have had the PLEASURE of working with up an coming golfers (egolf tour, hooters tour) and they are all excited and happy to be golfing. On the other hand, I have had the DISPLEASURE of working with some tour players. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely some nice tour pros; Vijay, Boo, Ernie, and Peter Jacobson especially are all great guys, but in order to be as great as these guys are, you have to be a little cocky. It's all about being internally cocky and externally humble though.

Archived