I am considering using a lighter grip to up the swing weight of my Bridgestone J38 Dual Pocket Cavities and am wondering if anyone has tried the Tour 25 grip from Golf Pride? I'm just curious how the grip feels in relation to the standard tour velvet grip or Lamkin crossline. Harder, softer, grippyness, etc.

Thanks

Tour 25 Photo.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Dancing Golfer

• By GrtflRed
      I'm listing a MINT TS2 with a brand-new Accra TZ5, 75g M5 shaft, standard length. The  original driver was $499 and I added the shaft for $310. 
      I estimate the driver head has launched ~25 tee shots. I had some pro-shop money expire end of 2018, so I picked up the TS2 head. I got fit for the Accra shaft about a month ago and it's been collecting dust on the TS2 since. Decided to stick with my trust 915d2 from college. This thing is sick. Please feel free to shoot me any questions. 
      $525 - Looking to sell full set-up. 

• By fixyurdivot
      My grip changed from interlock (index and pinky) to overlap back in the late 70's.  I don't even recall why the instructor made that change - but it was an easy switch and never felt odd.  In fact, I recently tried interlocking again and it does feel odd.  Most I see and golf with use interlock and I'm curious how many others do not.
    • By RWankles8
      RW's one word review - FIRM 
      Hopefully you like calluses!

I've been playing the Lamkin UTx Midsize Reminder for the last season or so, and wanted to see how the Golf Pride Z Grip Align's compare.  My biggest issue with the UTx is the loss of tackiness and grip texture mid round.  I've realized I must have extremely dirty hands because to keep them tacky, I have to clean the grips during my round.  I play in the south, so the necessity for a cord grip is a must.  Hence my gravitation to the Z Grip. Golf Pride hails the Z Grip as the firmest grip model with "heavy cord texture and moisture management."  And indeed it is firm.  I mean really firm, like don't hit one thin.  Ever.

Its also noticeably thinner than the UTx Midsize.  My 6 iron was gripped first with no additional wraps, and that's when I noticed the size difference.  Not to make the same mistake twice, my Fairway Metal was wrapped with 3 additional wraps of tape.  These additional wraps made the grip closest to the size of the UTx Midsize.

Reminder grips have been around forever, and in Golf Pride's eyes, what's old is new right?  I enjoy a reminder.  I've had grip issues forever, and they help me place my hands where they should be.  Does the Align tech help - Yes.  Is it any better than a standard reminder grip - No.  One downside to reminder grips is they really shouldn't be played with wedges in my opinion.  If you open the club face at all the "Align strip" gets all out of whack and really throws your "align"ment off.  (Currently waiting on the Lamkin Players Cord to come in)
      Final Thoughts
      The Golf Pride Z Cord Align is a great grip if you enjoy a firm feel and need to be "reminded" where your hands go.  I'll play these until the wear out, or want something new, but will not be purchasing again.  
      3 out of 5
    • By whoopwhoop893
      Whoopwhoop here, I was lucky enough to be a tester for the Golf Pride Align grip giveaway Golf Pride did a few weeks ago and decided to do a quick review.

First off, I love trying new equipment so I was delighted to get a grip in the mail.  When I entered, I had three choices of Golf Pride's Align line.

One was oversize option, one was the MCC dual compound and the third was their tour velvet.  All had this new align grip feature that intrigued me.  I've never have tried a dual compound grip before so that's the one I picked.

Once I got it in the mail. I quickly put on some Marley and set up shop in my kitchen (ahh city livin').  I've attached a picture of me putting it on my driver.  I have a oldish Callaway Diablo driver that had the stock grip still on it. 

Just some notes from testing it on the course:

1) Looks really pretty, though I'm not a huge fan of the white.  I'd prefer it in red.

2) The alignment feature, It's supposed to help you align your grip properly every time and a sensation of alignment during the swing.  This to me wasn't clear at first because I thought it was visual, but nope, goes on the bottom of the shaft. And that's the last I ever thought of it.  Just marketing mubo jumbo to me.  I will say that knowing it was there did make me think it might have some extremely subtle effect, but it's not noticeable.

3) Performance: Well, this is subjective.  However, I will say I think dual compound is good for a firmer grip.  I generally like firmer grips.  This grip also seems like it will do well for my sweaty hands in the summer.

4) Conclusions:  For me, I wouldn't switch over my grips onto the rest of my clubs with the Golf Pride MCC align.  I think the helpfulness of the alignment line is marketing silliness and didn't notice it as much help.  As for the multi compound, I didn't really like it and wish I chose the Tour Velvet.  I think that's the best option for me.  If you're on a budget, I wouldn't pay extra for the alignment feature or MCC.  And honestly, I will be much more careful about marketing features from the golf industry in general after trying the Align grips for myself.

• By GolfSpy Barbajo
      From today's InBox -- kind of a cool place to have your HQ!!!

Golf Company Headquarters Planned For Pinehurst No. 8 Golf Pride Would Move From Its SP Location John Nagy/The Pilot
        An architectural rendering of the proposed Golf Pride Global Innovation Campus that would be built just inside the gates at the Pinehurst No. 8 golf course in Pinehurst.
      Courtesy/Golf Pride
      Golf Pride, the sport's largest manufacturer of golf club grips, is looking to trade its inconspicuous Southern Pines presence for a significantly higher profile one just inside the gates of the Pinehurst No. 8 golf course.
      The company, a division of the international conglomerate Eaton Corp. will go before the Pinehurst Planning and Zoning Board Thursday afternoon to present its plans for an $8 million facility that would include corporate offices, a consumer interactive wing, and a research and development operation. The company is calling the project its “Global Innovation Campus.”
      Pinehurst Resort and Country Club, which owns the land, would sell roughly 10 acres for the project. The building would be just inside the No. 8 gates off Murdocksville Road and nestled in among a wooded lot.
          The building would be 36,000 square feet, or about half the size of the Harris Teeter grocery store just about a mile west on N.C. 211. Between 40 and 50 people would work at the headquarters. Those individuals are currently in three locations between Southern Pines and Aberdeen.
      Golf Pride President James Ledford said the company likes being in the area but wanted to be able to have ready access to consumers. While most of Eaton's divisions are businesses that sell to other businesses, Golf Pride sells its grips directly to golfers.
      “We're betting on staying in the local community for the long term,” he said. “We're learning how to plug into consumer product development, and we were looking to be more visible.”
      Golf Pride's current building on Murray Hill Road just off U.S. 15-501 didn't fit that criteria. “You have to text me now if you're coming so I can come let you in,” Ledford said. “You can't work at Golf Pride and not engage with people buying the product.”
      Golf Pride employees began talking more than three years ago about a new location, spending time with consultants and construction professionals about the presence it wanted to project. Ledford, who worked previously as an executive with Callaway Golf in Carlsbad, Calif., said the company wanted a building true to its natural surroundings but modern enough inside to represent its innovative work process.
      “It needed to be additive to the local community,” he said. “It draws on the history and heritage of Pinehurst. And it has that excitement factor of a global brand pushing growth and innovation.”
      With that in mind, the company began talking with the Pinehurst Resort in 2015 about a possible partnership. “We need to be more visible,” Ledford said, “and there are not many places to be more visible than right there when people come to play No. 8.”
      “The synergies of these brands coming together makes a lot of sense,” said Tom Pashley, president and CEO of Pinehurst Resort and Country Club. “Why not Pinehurst?
      “It's a great validation not only for Pinehurst Resort but this great community.”
      Although it fits within a small niche in the golf industry, Golf Pride has established itself in a substantial way over the years. The company makes club grips for a number of club manufacturers, but it also makes them under its own name. It is currently the top grip company on the pro tours, and its grips are on the clubs of a vast majority of touring pros.
      Like the rest of the golf industry, Golf Pride finds itself fighting some unfavorable trends. Studies by the National Golf Foundation over the last few years have found fewer people playing fewer rounds. Club sales are down 50 percent in the last five years.
      In the face of that, however, Golf Pride has continued to grow. It now markets its grips more as a piece of key equipment than just a “handle” on a club. Instead of paying hundreds of dollars for a new club, a number of golfers are refitting those clubs with $10 grips to help improve their games.
      And there are signs that golf could be on an upward swing again. Pashley says the industry is seeing signs of renewed interest from “aspiring golfers.”
          “There's a groundswell that's coming,” he said.
      Indeed, Ledford said, the Golf Foundation studies show a lot of that growth is occurring among children under the age of 13.
      Ledford says the key benefit to being at Pinehurst No. 8 will be the ability to walk new products out the back door of its research and design space over to the driving range and solicit immediate feedback from potential customers.
      The village's Planning and Zoning Board will get its first look at the project Thursday afternoon. The property would have to be rezoned from residential to professional office. Right now, there is a string of newer homes that line Murdocksville Road on the east side. On the west side, developers are constructing a senior living facility and a cluster of townhomes.
      Consultants have designed the facility to have less parking and built-on space than would otherwise be allowed. Bob Koontz, the Southern Pines-based land planner, said the project was designed to fit within the confines of what is an Audubon Society Signature Sanctuary golf course.
      The village planning staff has recommended approval with no conditions. Assuming the project proceeds without any snags, a ground-breaking could occur before the end of the year, and Golf Pride could move in by early 2019, Ledford said.
      The Planning Board meeting begins at 4 p.m. Thursday in the Village Council meeting room, 395 Magnolia Road.

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!