What up mygolfers. So i been on this kick lately and would like to make a bag of old sets like older than like 2007 with irons(mostly on the blade side) driver, and wedges (possibly putter). I would love to get ideas. Sorry if this has been talked about before

Old school sets are my favorite. I’ve got a few.

My classic era set. 1958 Wilson Dynapowered irons, 1957 Macgregor fairway woods, Macgregor M09 Jumbo persimmon driver and an old Ping Anser putter.

IMG_0938.jpg

And my “modern” set. Early 1990’s Macgregor CB-92/VIP irons, Cleveland Classic persimmon woods, Ben Hogan Special Sand Iron, and again, an old Ping Anser.

IMG_1344.jpg

I love them both!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

How do they feel? Idk about old woods but be cool to have and try out here and there. I was thinking Wilson irons 

How do they feel? Idk about old woods but be cool to have and try out here and there. I was thinking Wilson irons 

The Wilson’s feel great. The 1958-1961 Wilson Dynapowered irons are some of the most playable sets of classic irons available. The Wilson’s have a bit of a wider sole and rounded leading age. Vintage Macgregor’s had less camber on the sole, more flat with a sharper leading edge making them a bit more difficult to play, same wi h the Hogan’s.

For woods, Macgregor was the king for many years, but used woods will often need refinished before playing. You can get new persimmon woods if you look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2