Cakuby

Oldest club in your current bag

I recently went through a full bag fitting (check out what I got on the What’s in your bag thread), I was replacing irons from 07 and a driver from 08, and a sand wedge from 2001, but kept my Cleveland Launcher 3wood from 2006ish. 

I couldn’t justify the cost of a new 3 wood with how good I still hit this baby. So, what is everyone’s oldest club in their bag. 

Disclaimer: I still have my original Ping B60 putter handed down from my dad, that has been in play between the two of us since the early 90s, I’ve had it since 2002. 

My TM hybrids are 2002. My 5w is 2007, and I gamed my Ping putte 30 years before retiring it last year. 

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design 9 from 2010 and Taylormade RBZ Tour Proto 3 wood from 2012. Those clubs are nearly impossible to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Yes! Tracy putter, circa 2007.

wedges and fairway wood from 2013.   These are oldest based on manufacture date and time in the bag.    

Ping Eye 2 irons 4-9 from 1989! Bought a lightly used set of Ping G irons as possible replacement but haven’t hit them as well so back to the PE2s.

I just recently put my 2012 TaylorMade RBZ 3-wood back in the bag, although some days I wonder why.  There are days I hit it very well; there are days I don't (I probably put it in the garage after one of those days).

I still have one SCOR wedge from about the same period, but a replacement will be coming soon; just not sure yet what it will be.

• Like 1

Cobra f8 driver and fairway wood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Callaway 9 wood, vintage 2004, that I use instead of a hybrid.  I also have a set of Ping Eye 2's that I occasionally use.  Otherwise, everything in my bag is probably no more than 3 years old.

My Ping Eye2 #3 & #5 Persimmon FW from about 1983. Hand me downs from my father that at one time I could crush over 270yds in my heyday. The #3 was my tee-off club for a long time and still use about 5-6times a round when I need better accuracy off the tee.