TESTERS WANTED! ×

Changing swing accommodating injuries

I got a new start in golf last year after a 10 year break from multiple injuries and ailments.Without the changes I made, I’m sure I wouldn’t be able swinging the club like I used to.Saw a pro a few hours south that has been recommended for anyone suffering from major body issues.My swing was changed from a conventional motion that gave me tremendous shoulder pains and back issues.Into a swing that was more vertical with little body movement.More upper body hand influenced swing.Its very steep I’m transition.But with the nuances he showed me.Im now able hitting a driver 220 carry and able to enjoy golf again at a young age of 70.Its actually very efficient and deadly for 150 yards and in.This really goes against the mold of modern golf teachings.But there was no way in the world I could play golf again swinging the modern way.

who on here changed their swings accommodating their limitations.And what did you change 

Keep it in the short stuff

I'm sure I've changed something, but I don't know what. I have a compression fracture of the  L2 vertebrae, (causes pain down left leg and hip), a surgically repaired left shoulder and a right shoulder that I think may have a rotator cuff issue.

I've lost 10 - 15 yards of distance with almost every club. I know I don't swing like I used to.... but my short game is getting better...lol.