Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

Shankster
Message added by STUDque

Well dang, looks like I missed the best round yet.  Had other commitments and could not break loose.  A JB vs. BK shootout... that would have been fun to watch.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Three takeaways from this Open.

1. I love the reliving of the reason the R&A engraves the Claret Jug rather than the winner of The Open. #NarcissisticMuchGaryPlayer

2. Portrush is absolutely stunning!

3. Kyle Stanley will hear “fore” from the “get in the hole” crowd from now until he retires.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Fleetwood can’t close. England’s new Lee Westwood.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

With all due respect you need to review Jack’s major record from the late 60’s to 1980. It’s better than Tiger’s prime in regards to consistency. Jack was rarely outside of the top 5 during that time. I’m 62 that makes Tiger a twice in a lifetime player. :)

I do agree that the Tiger slam was amazing as that Tiger was more consistent in regards to regular tour events. Jack used those to prep for majors, Tiger has always wanted to win everything and anything.

Watching today - not crazy about the coverage. I’ve yet to see a full leaderboard and where is some sort of shot tracking system?

Not sure how I may have stepped on Jack's record - not even a thought - I'm a student of the game and I couldn't agree more. Jack played in 70 majors from 1962 Masters and the 79 US Open - he was out of the Top Ten just 16 times and won 15; Tiger has played in 78 so far and has finished outside the Top 10 37 times and won 15. Jack's record in majors is unparalleled. There is no doubt that Jack has always been the standard in terms of comparison in the modern era.

As you said, the comparison shifts a bit when you consider all events and not just majors - Tigers win percentage is greater than Jack's, although the point spread is shrinking.

For the last decade it's been who's the next "Tiger" but that's because the world had thought it's next "Jack" was found. I don't think Tiger will attain or exceed Jack's majors and I'm sure he would be happy to be a "twice or even second in a lifetime player." My point in comparison was with Brooks but such a good discussion.

Congratulations Shane! What a win for golf and what a win for Ireland!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Not sure how I may have stepped on Jack's record - not even a thought - I'm a student of the game and I couldn't agree more. Jack played in 70 majors from 1962 Masters and the 79 US Open - he was out of the Top Ten just 16 times and won 15; Tiger has played in 78 so far and has finished outside the Top 10 37 times and won 15. Jack's record in majors is unparalleled. There is no doubt that Jack has always been the standard in terms of comparison in the modern era.

As you said, the comparison shifts a bit when you consider all events and not just majors - Tigers win percentage is greater than Jack's, although the point spread is shrinking.

For the last decade it's been who's the next "Tiger" but that's because the world had thought it's next "Jack" was found. I don't think Tiger will attain or exceed Jack's majors and I'm sure he would be happy to be a "twice or even second in a lifetime player." My point in comparison was with Brooks but such a good discussion.

Congratulations Shane! What a win for golf and what a win for Ireland!

And of course, that doesn't include the win in 1986 "The Greatest Masters" according to Stephen Goodwin. One for the ages although I think I'd be hard pressed to deny Tiger's win that moniker now. And I just saw that Shankster put up their records so I'm behind. Sorry guys

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

In my opinion, the search for the next Tiger is more about “moving the needle” and continuing to grow Tour revenue than anything else. In the Tiger era, revenue and growth have been at an unsustainable level. The Tour is desperately trying to maintain what Tiger created after Tiger’s career is over.

Now that Tiger is in the twilight of his career, growth is reverting back to a more sustainable level. Tour revenues will likely reduce as a result. I mean, players are making nearly a million dollars for finishing second in regular tournaments.

I also believe a World Tour is in the near future. It makes more sense now than it ever did.

Quick #SpyStaffSlam update:

While I wait for CBS (or anyone else for that matter) to update the payout breakdown, I dropped in values for Lowry and Fleetwood since those were known. 

Only 15 people had Lowry and none of those picked Fleetwood also. Lots of people picked Tommy so I could very well see a situation where someone who DIDN'T pick Lowry still wins a prize with solid other-tier picks. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

A fairy tale finish for the folks of Ireland.  I don't follow Shane Lowry much, but he definitely had it going and I believe seeing Rory not make the cut gave him added motivation.  Also nice 3rd place finish for Tony Finau; he keeps improving at these big venues and will hopefully add one to his resume.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)