Shankster

THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

GolfSpy STUDque

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

is Erin hills a links?
Shinnecock is a links 'style' but isn't the same as a true links........imo

Faux Links. At least that’s what they were going for. But it was a windless wheat field.

I agree, not a true links, I think those aware only in your neck of the woods.

But the set up of those courses was ridiculous and he was the last man standing.
  • Like 1

Looks like some rain and wind in the forecast. I put my wilson club bet on uglier conditions. 

2 minutes ago, KurtActual said:

Looks like some rain and wind in the forecast. I put my wilson club bet on uglier conditions. 

at last! a 'proper' links test

• Like 2

Ryan Palmer

If that’s your SpySlam entry please make sure you enter it here #SpyStaffSlam: 2019 Open Championship
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/applications/tapatalk/index.php?/topic/32393-%23SpyStaffSlam%3A-2019-Open-Championship

To ensure you get entered properly.
  • Like 2

Continuing my theme of never choosing the correct winner, I predict that Nate Lashley is going to win the British Open.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Woodland ----the sleeper         - 11

Edited by RATOUR7
left out score

Make sure your entries go in the thread they belong in so you are entered properly.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Tier 5: Patrick Cantlay

Winning Score: -16

#SpyStaffSlam

Edited by jobin88

Alright, alright, alright...

It’s officially Open week. Pretty excited for this one. Bummer that it’s the last major of the year... only July. Seems weird.

Gotta make sure we get the NASCAR cup finals in...

I’m hoping PING does a special release like they did for the US Open... need a new hat and maybe a putter cover.

• Like 2

It really does seem weird to have the Majors over in July - thr PGA in May was just bizarre

I'm excited for the Open Championship - Golf Digest had a great write-up on the golf course and all that it took to get it back there. The Open always has the potential to have a out-of-nowhere type of winner (Todd Hamilton 2004 comes to mind) or a great round from a legend (Phil Mickelson 2013). Anything can happen and I'm looking for Rory to play well - he has good vibes at Royal Portrush (he shot the course record 11 under 61 as a 16 year old!!).

Going to be a great week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not a good one for me because I don’t get home from church until 1. Like most Sunday’s I plan on playing after a quick lunch.

I will enjoy the early rounds though. As always with the Open is all about the weather.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

👀!!

• Like 2

Love what they have done to stop “grandstopping”. On 18 if you hit the ball into the stands the drop zone is some really nasty rough.

• Like 5

Love what they have done to stop “grandstopping”. On 18 if you hit the ball into the stands the drop zone is some really nasty rough.

They’ve done that the past few years - I think it’s a great move. Why should a player be rewarded for being wilder? That always used to drive me nuts with the US Open. Miss the fairway by a yard - pitch out - 15 yards? Well that’s in tramples down rough and you may have a play.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1