Shankster

THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

GolfSpy STUDque

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Did you guys see that Viktor Hovland is the player most picked for Tier 3...yet, he's not in the field.  And yes, I'm one of those that screwed that up as well.  Anyway, I think it would be pretty neat for Rory McIlroy to win it this week.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

Anyway, I think it would be pretty neat for Rory McIlroy to win it this week.

I agree, but deep down I'm wondering if he will have a week like Fleetwood when he was near home. Granted, Fleetwood and McIlroy are different players.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I agree, but deep down I'm wondering if he will have a week like Fleetwood when he was near home. Granted, Fleetwood and McIlroy are different players.

I'm sure there is a little bit more pressure on a player when they play so close to home, just because they are expected to win.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

Love what they have done to stop “grandstopping”. On 18 if you hit the ball into the stands the drop zone is some really nasty rough.

Yeah....they pretty much shut that down rather succinctly...

• Like 2

Did you guys see that Viktor Hovland is the player most picked for Tier 3...yet, he's not in the field.  And yes, I'm one of those that screwed that up as well.  Anyway, I think it would be pretty neat for Rory McIlroy to win it this week.

Tier 5 you mean, yeah saw loads but I think they were hoping he might qualify.

I think Rory will do well especially due to the home pressure but I also think he won’t win, for the same reason.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Henrik Stenson, -9

4th round wonder goes out and beats everyone in the field by 5 shots on the final day, hoisting the Claret Jug after a final round 64.

I’m going with BK because he actually “practices” before majors.

You’re a good human for pointing that out. Gives guys another chance to amend their picks.

To get up at 2 am or not...

• Like 2

I feel bad for the forum users that cant read or understand the rules, and waste the opportunity to win by posting here instead of the contest thread.

Aside from that, looks like the wind and rain have made it to Royal.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0BCUodAZro/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet

28 minutes ago, Shankster said:

To get up at 2 am or not... emoji848.png

Yes. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bens197 said:

You’re a good human for pointing that out. Gives guys another chance to amend their picks.

Terrible human, if you don't look at the field to make sure the guys you're picking are actually laying, you deserve to be left behind. Way to not protect the field man.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Terrible human, if you don't look at the field to make sure the guys you're picking are actually laying, you deserve to be left behind. Way to not protect the field man.

I know better than to argue with an attorney. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I know better than to argue with an attorney. 

My bill is in the mail, you'll find I run a low hourly rate. 

I'm kidding, kinda. If you're entering the contest, just take the time to look at the field, plus you kinda have to to pick Tier 5 anyway

3 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

I'm kidding, kinda. If you're entering the contest, just take the time to look at the field, plus you kinda have to to pick Tier 5 anyway

I haven't read too many of the entries, but I did notice a lot of invalid Tier 5 picks.

Question for @GolfSpy STUDque: Do invalid picks formally disqualify people or the fact the they get $0.00 for that pick just practically disqualify them?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

hahah..here’s my take...If you selected a player from the Top 4 and they are not in the field I say its fair to make a change.

If you cant follow the rules and write your Tier 5 as someone already listed...No soup for you.  

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

To get up at 2 am or not... emoji848.png

Three letters...DVR...😁

MDGolfHacker

30 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I haven't read too many of the entries, but I did notice a lot of invalid Tier 5 picks.

Question for @GolfSpy STUDque: Do invalid picks formally disqualify people or the fact the they get $0.00 for that pick just practically disqualify them?

If you look through the spreadsheet it just defaults to zero, which is fine by me.

• Like 2

I love the Open championship. One of the best events all year IMHO. Links golf is the real deal.

I think Rory and Brooks are favorites for sure, but if I had to bet on one of the two of them winning vs the entire rest of the field, I'd pick the rest of the field. I think the leaderboard will have a fair share of non-superstar names. I also think the course setup and changing weather conditions are a factor and whoever can really embrace all of it has a leg up. Sounds obvious maybe but easier said than done.

7 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

If you look through the spreadsheet it just defaults to zero, which is fine by me.

Ahh, hadn't thought to look at the spreadsheet. I've never bothered because I suck at these games and am never close to being in the running.