Shankster

THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

GolfSpy STUDque

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Just woke-up at the hotel in San Antonio... No Golf Channel, so streaming on The Open app. Already cut-out twice. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Just woke-up at the hotel in San Antonio... No Golf Channel, so streaming on The Open app. Already cut-out twice. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does your home cable/streaming service provider have an app?  That's how I'm watching.

• Like 1

I'm a Tiger homer too and I'm not ashamed either  What Brooks has done the last few years is amazing but the "Tiger Slam" was just spectacular - to hold all the Majors at the same time is just so special and something we will likely never see again (NEVER say never - good grief). When you look at Tiger's win percentage during his prime it is just beyond comprehension - he is a once-in-a-lifetime player IMHO. I don't think Brooks or Tiger will win but it would be great if they did for different reasons. Rory has good memories at Royal Portrush with the course record but by his own admission, he doesn't play with the same swagger he did at 16 when he shot 61 there. 

With all due respect you need to review Jack’s major record from the late 60’s to 1980. It’s better than Tiger’s prime in regards to consistency. Jack was rarely outside of the top 5 during that time. I’m 62 that makes Tiger a twice in a lifetime player. :)

I do agree that the Tiger slam was amazing as that Tiger was more consistent in regards to regular tour events. Jack used those to prep for majors, Tiger has always wanted to win everything and anything.

Watching today - not crazy about the coverage. I’ve yet to see a full leaderboard and where is some sort of shot tracking system?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Wide range of scores so far.

• Like 1

Here you go Rev.

IMG_6176.JPGIMG_6177.JPG

15 minutes ago, revkev said:

With all due respect you need to review Jack’s major record from the late 60’s to 1980. It’s better than Tiger’s prime in regards to consistency. Jack was rarely outside of the top 5 during that time. I’m 62 that makes Tiger a twice in a lifetime player. 🙂

I do agree that the Tiger slam was amazing as that Tiger was more consistent in regards to regular tour events. Jack used those to prep for majors, Tiger has always wanted to win everything and anything.

Watching today - not crazy about the coverage. I’ve yet to see a full leaderboard and where is some sort of shot tracking system?

The golf Tiger played in 2000-2002 may be the best golf we have ever seen.  He completely dominated fields at times winning the US Open by 15 and The Open by 8 in back-to-back majors.

With that said, the younger generations don't know how dominant Jack was for the better part of two decades.  All while raising a family!  Although, Jack may have the greatest athletes wife known to man.  Jack finished 2nd 19 times and 3rd 48 times in major championships.  But the most fascinating thing about Jack's major championship record to me is the fact that for the entire decade of the 60's Jack finished outside the top-10 in majors a grand total of 13 times missing the cut 3 times.  In the decade of the 70's (40 total majors), he finished outside the top-10 a total of 5 times, missing the cut once! 

Both are impressive but Jack's was more consistent over a longer period of time.

• Like 2

SERGIO!!!!

That's all I have to add at this point in time.

The golf Tiger played in 2000-2002 may be the best golf we have ever seen.  He completely dominated fields at times winning the US Open by 15 and The Open by 8 in back-to-back majors.

With that said, the younger generations don't know how dominant Jack was for the better part of two decades.  All while raising a family!  Although, Jack may have the greatest athletes wife known to man.  Jack finished 2nd 19 times and 3rd 48 times in major championships.  But the most fascinating thing about Jack's major championship record to me is the fact that for the entire decade of the 60's Jack finished outside the top-10 in majors a grand total of 13 times missing the cut 3 times.  In the decade of the 70's (40 total majors), he finished outside the top-10 a total of 5 times, missing the cut once! 

Both are impressive but Jack's was more consistent over a longer period of time.

Exactly and thanks Shanks, too. Those two, Jack and Tiger, Tiger and Jack - totally separated themselves from the rest of the field.

Tiger has that ridiculous 3 year run where he was nearly unbeatable. But that 20 string with Jack in majors was unreal, too.

Poor Brooks, win and it’s only the 2nd greatest major performance of all time. Oh the shame. :)

Finally some shot tracers

What a great golf course

• Like 3

The weather sure looks better than the coverage last night of El Tigre practicing in driving rain... yuck!  The forecast for rain over the next 4 days looks to have diminished, but it will be a bit windy.

I know it's only Thursday but I like living in the imaginative!  Jordan Spieth sitting at -3 through 5 holes has me pondering.  As bad as YJS has been for the past couple of years, how big would it be for Titleist if he were go on to win The Open Championship after putting the T100 irons in the bag only a few days ago?

• Like 4

I'd love to see Jordan back at the top of a Major. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bens197 said:

Rory! What did you do!???

I was wondering what everyone thought as they started waking up to see a quad on the opening hole

I was wondering what everyone thought as they started waking up to see a quad on the opening hole

I thought, “glad I don’t pick him.”

Nice par for Tiger on 1.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, revkev said:

I thought, “glad I don’t pick him.”

Nice par for Tiger on 1.

That bunker save....oh my.

• Like 1

Not the day Rory was hoping for.  Quad at #1 and Triple at #18.

• Like 1

Not to start an argument over the pros and cons of weight training, but Rory was a much better golfer when he had a little pudge!

All the more reason for me to keep rocking the dad bod!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Coverage is leaving a LOT to be desired, but man... this course is playing tough! Fun to watch.

Not to start an argument over the pros and cons of weight training, but Rory was a much better golfer when he had a little pudge!
All the more reason for me to keep rocking the dad bod!

So was David Duval.

Dad bods always win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bens197 said:

So was David Duval.

Dad bods always win.

John Daly and Jason Dufner are fully aware of this 🤣.

• Like 4

I'm loving the commentators for the Johnson/Day/Bradley group....

And I haven't heard a single "baba-booey", "mashed potatoes", or "get in the hole".

• Like 2