Shankster

THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

GolfSpy STUDque

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

5 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Your #SpyStaffSlam picks are loaded into the spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RRiDBlLOeOQpB9jIKbyNsXvDbfW6qzXq-5l7Q-9izhw/edit?usp=sharing

Dig the spreadsheet!!!

Noticed I have no tier-5 pick listed for some odd reason. I just went back in and looked. I inded have Beef Johnston selected, but I guess I didn't say "my tier-5 pick is:"

Maybe it's just me, but when I think short and precise (frequently cited as the winning recipe for this event), JB Holmes does not immediately come to mind 😀.

https://www.theopen.com/

image.png.1ca1821a0f591c04ffe3d66837270097.png

My #1 and #2 looking strong... literally running away from the field.

rolling.gif.311bbf5ca857d519caae0dc58406f176.gif

• Haha 4

My picks aren't listed, which is a pity as they are all tracking well. Rose, Oosthuizen, Peperell, Kisner and Kohonen. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong as my US Open picks didn't get listed either. I can see the poll results so not sure what's happening.

The tournament is going to be a lot of fun to watch, seeing how people handle (or not) the changeable weather is captivating.

8 minutes ago, Peaksy68 said:

My picks aren't listed, which is a pity as they are all tracking well. Rose, Oosthuizen, Peperell, Kisner and Kohonen. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong as my US Open picks didn't get listed either. I can see the poll results so not sure what's happening.

The tournament is going to be a lot of fun to watch, seeing how people handle (or not) the changeable weather is captivating.

I don't show you having voted for any of those. If you go back to the entry thread, you can click to see who voted for what. 

Did you actually hit submit in the poll?

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

I don't show you having voted for any of those. If you go back to the entry thread, you can click to see who voted for what. 

Did you actually hit submit in the poll?

I think I did, but mustn't have.

3 hours ago, robertson153 said:

I know JB is a bad word around here, but you all know he’s my favorite. Let’s go JB!!!

I have $4K reasons to root for him gutting out a “W” this week - so count me in 😎

• Like 1

Tigers wince on the first tee shot... 🥺

Augusta was it I am afraid...

Hopefully I am wrong...

Tigers wince on the first tee shot... 🥺

Augusta was it I am afraid...

Hopefully I am wrong...

This is a heck of a course. I’m not surprised the local boys make up a bulk of the leaders.

Wouldn’t it be awesome to see Lee Westwood win his first?
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, robertson153 said:

I know JB is a bad word around here, but you all know he’s my favorite. Let’s go JB!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I dont think it's your JB that many of us have issues with 😂😂

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, bens197 said:

This is a heck of a course. I’m not surprised the local boys make up a bulk of the leaders.

Wouldn’t it be awesome to see Lee Westwood win his first?

Seriously impressed with the course. Some of the recovery shots were amazing. Course setup looks to be about perfect.

• Like 1

Seriously impressed with the course. Some of the recovery shots were amazing. Course setup looks to be about perfect.

Me too. This setup is nothing but absolute respect for the game and the field.
  • Like 1

It looks like JB is definitely not in hacker mode at -8 😉🏌️‍♂️

• Like 1

Anyone else hear the announcer say after Oleson’s approach on 18, “serves ya right for pulling it” after the ball trickled off the green and picked up speed

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I have no idea who the announcers were for the Johnson/Day/Bradley group yesterday, but they were great. After the guys stood in the 18th fairway waiting for the green to clear, they seemed to be totally befuddled that Bradley wasn't more ready to hit when it was his turn. Something along the lines of "You just spent three minutes waiting for the green to clear and there was no discussion about the shot until it was your turn? That's a problem." On one of the tees, as Bradley kept resetting his routine, one of the guys wondered if his clutch was broken. I couldn't help but chuckle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Could someone explain to me how in 2 straight majors, NBC's "Marquee groups" fail to include the world #1 golfer?

I mean I'm all for the story lines too, but Brooks has plenty, not to mention the best golf currently played on the planet.

4 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

Could someone explain to me how in 2 straight majors, NBC's "Marquee groups" fail to include the world #1 golfer?

I mean I'm all for the story lines too, but Brooks has plenty, not to mention the best golf currently played on the planet.

The Open (and the European Tour as a whole) don't create pairings in the same way as the other three majors (or the PGA Tour).  They don't believe in "marquee groups."  They spread "marquee players" all over the place on the tee sheet to ensure TV shows much more than the same two or three groups around the course.  We may not be seeing every shot Koepka hits but we are seeing far more players than we are accustomed to seeing.

Besides, Koepka teed off at 3:03am eastern daylight time.  His second round has been done for quite a while now.

6 minutes ago, sixcat said:

The Open (and the European Tour as a whole) don't create pairings in the same way as the other three majors (or the PGA Tour).  They don't believe in "marquee groups."  They spread "marquee players" all over the place on the tee sheet to ensure TV shows much more than the same two or three groups around the course.  We may not be seeing every shot Koepka hits but we are seeing far more players than we are accustomed to seeing.

Besides, Koepka teed off at 3:03am eastern daylight time.  His second round has been done for quite a while now.

To clarify, I've been watching online at NBC's coverage. Watching the true TV live coverage requires a cable login, but you can select 1 of 2 "Marquee groups" and just follow them. I just wish they would make following Koepka a little easier, seems like that'd only be good for the game in general.

22 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

To clarify, I've been watching online at NBC's coverage. Watching the true TV live coverage requires a cable login, but you can select 1 of 2 "Marquee groups" and just follow them. I just wish they would make following Koepka a little easier, seems like that'd only be good for the game in general.

Gotcha, you're streaming the Golf Channel simulcast of what is being streamed on The Open website.  Maybe you could try streaming from The Open app or website and see if it's any better.  Or maybe they have different options than what is on Golf Channel.

I haven't got any complaints about the coverage thus far.

• Like 1

"Just Father Time and some procedures I've had over the time. Just the way it's going to be," Woods said. "One of the reasons why I'm playing less tournaments this year is that I can hopefully prolong my career, and be out here for a little bit longer."

I think it's more the procedures than father time.  He still has one of the fastest swing speeds on tour and is in excellent physical shape.  I suspect even when the back isn't hurting, it is always in the back of his mind.  I sure hope his desire to set more records does not end with him not playing at all. 

• Like 1

Just now, fixyurdivot said:

"Just Father Time and some procedures I've had over the time. Just the way it's going to be," Woods said. "One of the reasons why I'm playing less tournaments this year is that I can hopefully prolong my career, and be out here for a little bit longer."

I think it's more the procedures than father time.  He still has one of the fastest swing speeds on tour and is in excellent physical shape.  I suspect even when the back isn't hurting, it is always in the back of his mind.  I sure hope his desire to set more records does not end with him not playing at all. 

Any time your body gets cut open, you are never going to be the same.  He has had something surgical done to his left knee and back at least a dozen times that I know of.  Couple that with playing in damp, cool conditions and Tiger never stood a chance in the US Open, PGA and this week.  His body just won't loosen up for him in those weather conditions.

As I said following the Masters, enjoy it while we still can.  I believe what we are seeing now is more in-line with what we will see most often going forward.  What we saw in Augusta in April is the outlier. 

To somewhat quote Toby Keith, "Tiger ain't as good as he once was, but he's as good once as he ever was!"  

• Like 3