Shankster

THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

GolfSpy STUDque

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Good to see an Irishman atop the leaderboard.

And Tiger’s tee shot on 18... my goodness, he is in a world of hurt. That looked to be half speed.

Shane Lowry muy caliente and getting the locals fired up!!  If he can keep this rolling before the foul weather moves in, it could very well be a big advantage going into the final 2 rounds.

• Like 1

Well, unless someone climbs up passed JB, it looks like we might be seeing double in the final pairing tomorrow...JB and Shane could be twins...red beards and both Srixon boys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll go on a limb and say that Jordan runs them down before it's all over with.

Too bad for the golfing world, Ireland, and The Open that Rors missed the cut.

• Like 2

On 7/18/2019 at 5:56 PM, PING Apologist #9 said:

Dig the spreadsheet!!!

Noticed I have no tier-5 pick listed for some odd reason. I just went back in and looked. I inded have Beef Johnston selected, but I guess I didn't say "my tier-5 pick is:"

Can confirm, the '#9'  in your username eluded @GolfSpy Stroker 's tool that gathers all the data. It's fixed now. 

• Like 1

Well it was nice to wake up and still have four if my picks live 😁 Now all I need is Ryan Fox to shoot the lights out in the weekend and I could be close 😏

• Like 1

3 of 5 made it..

Lowry
Koepka
Pepperell

Need a 1,2,3 finish.

Fun fact, there's only 33/806 entries for #SpyStaffSlam that had all 5 players make the cut. That's 4%. They say golf is hard, THIS CONTEST is hard. If you didn't have all 5, you're still in the running but still definitely need the winner. 

I could dig into it a little harder, but it looks like there's roughly the same amount of players that picked a perfect whiff, having all 5 guys miss the cut. Some of those names I recognize as previous prize winners of this contest. Pretty nuts. 

Unfortunately, I've barely been able to watch the golf thus far but I'm looking forward to the weekend rounds. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Smellis745 said:

I'll go on a limb and say that Jordan runs them down before it's all over with.

I would love to see that... from the ashes 😆.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Fun fact, there's only 33/806 entries for #SpyStaffSlam that had all 5 players make the cut. That's 4%. They say golf is hard, THIS CONTEST is hard. 

I could dig into it a little harder, but it looks like there's roughly the same amount of players that picked a perfect whiff, having all 5 guys miss the cut. Some of those names I recognize as previous prize winners of this contest. Pretty nuts. 

Unfortunately, I've barely been able to watch the golf thus far but I'm looking forward to the weekend rounds. 

Noren or Kisner are my remaining horses.  David Duvall at +27... wow!  I bet he can't wait to turn 50. 🙂

• Like 1

Noren or Kisner are my remaining horses.  David Duvall at +27... wow!  I bet he can't wait to turn 50. 

Poor guy looked like hell when he walked off 18 yesterday. I doubt he ever hoped to look like Bruce Lietzke with an elbow wrap. I still love that he’s out there playing.
  • Like 1

Nice to see that Lucas Glover has responded well to his wife beating him up for playing so poorly.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Poor guy looked like hell when he walked off 18 yesterday. I doubt he ever hoped to look like Bruce Lietzke with an elbow wrap. I still love that he’s out there playing.

Agree.  One of the announcers mentioned that there are a handful of struggling tour players "wishing away some years" so they can jump on the Champions Tour.  Most of these guys still have great games and love the competitive environment - but have simply been in tour purgatory for awhile.  

• Like 1

Agree.  One of the announcers mentioned that there are a handful of struggling tour players "wishing away some years" so they can jump on the Champions Tour.  Most of these guys still have great games and love the competitive environment - but have simply been in tour purgatory for awhile.  

I’m sure those in charge of the Champions Tour are equally excited. Think of the revenue and excitement when the likes of Phil and Duval are teeing it up.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I’m sure those in charge of the Champions Tour are equally excited. Think of the revenue and excitement when the likes of Phil and Duval are teeing it up.

I'm excited as well...love the Champions Tour and hope to attend more events.

• Like 1

If Lowry holds on I’ll have picked 3/4 major winners this season. And even though there’s no chance I’ll win a club I decided that if he does in fact win, I am going to splurge on an ice cream cone to celebrate.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2
  • Haha 1