TESTERS WANTED! ×

Nike Method Core

Justin66

It's $130 everywhere I've seen that's taking pre-orders. And I'm seriously considering trying the centershafted i5, or whatever it's name is this week.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

A square block of metal with a hockey stick in it could if I was making putts.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Why isn't the NEW CORE beached like the original? I have the original and I've putted with every Tour Putter out there and the Nike is just as good. It all comes down to personal preference. I want the Tour Rat but @ 2,500- 3,000 I'll wait for retail or for someone to just leaave one in my bag.... :lol:

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

I'm going to be trying one out tomorrow. I'll report back with results, or if I buy it. Hopefully, I can keep the Scotty in the bag, because I finally settled on one, but if this one rolls better, well, HeLLOOOOOOOOOO Nike, right until the honeymoon ends.

I'm already purchasing my new iron heads tomorrow, SWMBO will freak if I buy a putter too... course the putter will be right then, the iron heads won't be here for a few days...

In The Bag

I'm going to be trying one out tomorrow. I'll report back with results, or if I buy it. Hopefully, I can keep the Scotty in the bag, because I finally settled on one, but if this one rolls better, well, HeLLOOOOOOOOOO Nike, right until the honeymoon ends.

I'm already purchasing my new iron heads tomorrow, SWMBO will freak if I buy a putter too... course the putter will be right then, the iron heads won't be here for a few days...

"I new you were buying irons, but when did you get the putter"?

"Oh, that? I've had that".

- I don't know if that works. My wife is pretty understanding, but she still puts enough fear in me to prevent doing that sort of thing. :lol:

I'm going to have a go with the centered shafted Core 4 today as well. I've been told it's amazing a few times and would help with my straight back putting over the mallet I use now.

We'll see, but if it works as advertised it's going to be hard to argue with at that price.

Edit:

Justin, that never works. Even when one's SO takes zero interest in the game or what you do they know precisely what clubs you have and when they came in down to the day...

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Well, I tried every model in the line up tonight. As I figured, I liked the center shafted 4i model the best, because it was truly face balanced. The Core 5i was the next, in terms of face balance. The problem with it was it just didn't look right to the eye. It's not a true halfmoon shape, but more like an egg cut in half with the fat end being the toe end. It just set up weird and out of proportion.The 3i was alright, but it was the length of an Anser with the width of a squareback. For that one to look right, to me, it needed to be shortened just a tad heel to toe. The 1i and 2i were just bleh for me. The 1i set up funny as well because the neck just didn't fit to me. I like the neck style, but it was offset and it just didn't work for me, plus the neck was too long for that neck style. The 2i's neck was also a problem for me. I like a flow neck, but that one was shaped out weird to get to the offset. The neck itself was too thick and made it appear much more offset than it was.

Back to the review. The 4i, for me, was the easiest to line up because of my putting style being almost SBST. I could get it on line just fine. The problem was, distance control was kind of all over the map. It felt REALLY muted and dead to me, unlike the original Method, which I LOVED for it's hot face. It required a lot of effort for me to get the ball to the hole on 25+ foot putts. I felt like I really had to kill the putt to get it there. The insert with polymetal grooves doesn't mimic the original release in any aspect. It felt dead and the ball skidded much more than it did with the original. The insert allows little room for the polymetal material's injection, and it just leaves tons to be desired in the feel department as well as the getting the ball rolling faster department. I lined up some 3-5 footers on several cups and drained them. I still felt like I was having to stroke the putts much harder than I did with the original (which I also putted with again in a few configurations to make sure it wasn't me).

Overall, Nike should have somewhat of a winner in this putter. People will buy it because it's a spin on the original design at a fraction of the cost. If they've never owned or used the original, they should love it. And if they're not picky like me with aesthetics, again, they'll love it. If I had to be honest in which ones I think will sell well and which ones I don't, it'll be the 4i, and 3i that are the the leaders of the pack because they weren't off putting too much. The others, to me, especially the 5i, will be hard sells, and should arrive in discount bins within 4 months.

And sadly, I still almost walked out with the 4i, even though I putt better with my current Scotty. I'm sure I would've if I hadn't ended up purchasing a pair of shoes instead, as I had a set dollar amount I was going to spend in the store. I got the salesman to knock $10 off the price of the shoes because I showed him an online ad where they were $10 cheaper than in the store. I ended up with the licorice, coffee, and fanta Ecco Street Premieres.

In The Bag

I'm with RB7 on this one. I liked it, but I wasn't blown away. As much as I like Nike golf stuff, I think Seemore is going to take the putter spot.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Archived