TESTERS WANTED! ×

Scotty Cameron Introduces New 2019 Teryllium T22 Putters

Golfspy_CG2

Press Release from Titleist

FAIRHAVEN, Mass. (July 8, 2019) – Twenty-two years after the emergence of his original Teryllium-inserted, major-winning TeI3 designs, Scotty Cameron has reimagined and announced the limited release of three new putter models built under the “T22” moniker. 

Available in golf shops beginning Aug. 16, the Teryllium T22 Newport and Teryllium T22 Newport 2 offer modernized versions of the TeI3 models first introduced in 1997, while the Teryllium T22 Fastback 1.5 becomes the first Fastback 1.5 designed with a Teryllium insert. 

Precision milled in the United States from 303 stainless steel, and given a tactical matte black finish that brings out Scotty’s unmistakable “domino pattern” in the back cavity, the new T22 putters are designed to the modern specifications demanded by today’s dedicated golfers. An updated Teryllium inlay construction with an improved elastomer vibration dampening membrane combines with Scotty’s removable sole weight technology and increased head weight to catapult the entire T22 line into the future: 

Teryllium T22 Newport: First brought to prominence as the putter design trusted to victory at the 1997 Masters, Scotty’s new Teryllium T22 Newport pays homage to the overall look, feel and setup of its original design, but with numerous upgrades and improvements – including a stainless steel construction, flat topline, adjustable sole weight, lightly-milled Teryllium insert and new durable tactical matte black finish. 

Teryllium T22 Newport 2: Incorporating decades of design refinements, Scotty built the Teryllium T22 Newport 2 in the spirit of the early models – with the soft feel of his Teryllium alloy inlay, but with the modern shape and sole balancing precision of a modern Newport 2 Tour model milled from 303 stainless steel with interchangeable sole weights and a flatter topline. 

Teryllium T22 Fastback 1.5: The new Teryllium T22 Fastback 1.5 incorporates a Tour-preferred mini-slant neck, improved four-way sole balancing for a square setup and a thinner topline similar to the Select line’s Fastback model, while maintaining the visual aesthetics of early Teryllium putters – with its familiar black, white and gold color scheme and “domino pattern” in the putter’s back cavity. 

QUOTING SCOTTY CAMERON 
“There’s nothing quite like the feel of Teryllium," Cameron said. "It’s the number one material request I get from players. And, as we’ve seen multiple majors won over the past few seasons with a Teryllium-inserted putter, it’s a great time to celebrate this legendary design.   

“T22 gave us the opportunity to take everything we’ve learned over the past two decades and refine the entire look, feel and performance. Like a modern day muscle car, everything looks original at first glance, but each component is brand new. Better milling. Better materials. Better construction. They’re made to game.” 

MULTI-MATERIAL CONSTRUCTION 
Each Teryllium T22 model extends Scotty Cameron’s proven construction methodology of incorporating complementary materials to achieve desired performance characteristics and feel. With a precision milled Teryllium insert expertly designed into the 303 stainless steel putter head, Scotty’s early execution of this concept has been improved upon using modern milling and manufacturing techniques, while preserving the incomparable feel of Teryllium. 

WEIGHTING & ACCESSORIES 
Each Teryllium T22 putter features advanced stability weighting with two customizable stainless steel heel-toe sole weights, stepless steel shafts and a custom Limited Release Teryllium headcover and shaft band.   

A new black Pistolini Plus grip with copper paintfill was designed especially for the T22 release and features a thicker, less tapered low hand. 

AESTHETICS 
Inspired by the early Teryllium models, the new Teryllium T22 putters feature a tactical matte black finish with a unique bead blast for a radiant yet glare resistant appearance, with metallic gold and white paintfill. The familiar back cavity “domino pattern” is produced by the white vibration dampening elastomer membrane used in the assembly of the Teryllium alloy face inlay. 

AVAILABILITY 
Limited Release Teryllium T22 putters will be available worldwide on Aug. 16, 2019, at Titleist authorized golf shops. MAP $599. 

ON THE WEB 
www.scottycameron.com 

Scotty Cameron Teryllium T22 Family.jpg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I’ll probably be getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

Wish I could afford one. Been wanting a Teryllium putter for a long time and these really suit my eye. Oh well... 😞 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Wow, I'm the first to say I'm not a fan of Scotty's but these are reeeaaaalllllly nice looking. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

they look the exact same as the originals............which you can still find on ebay and other sources.

I see it's a limited release, wonder why if Terrilium putters are the number 1 request SC gets from players. Maybe the price will ensure lower volume sales

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

21 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

they look the exact same as the originals............which you can still find on ebay and other sources.

I see it's a limited release, wonder why if Terrilium putters are the number 1 request SC gets from players. Maybe the price will ensure lower volume sales

To drive up demand and increase the asking price I assume...

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

That Fastback is calling my name. Man those look great!

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

2 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

They are different than the original. They now have a mulled insert, weights, improved dampening and 303 steel plus they changed the black paint to be less shiny and better lasting.

as a limited releases it’s something Scotty does a lot of especially with older models. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I had Sante Fe Teryllium with a Dancing Crown Headcover that a "friend" borrowed and never returned. That was one sweet setup! These look really great too - interesting to see these again.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

I look just about every week on eBay at the Tel3 putters. I really want a Santa Fe or a Newport 1.5, although I’ve never seen the 1.5. However, I don’t want one at the prices they have them. I certainly don’t want one at this price.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I had Sante Fe Teryllium with a Dancing Crown Headcover that a "friend" borrowed and never returned. That was one sweet setup! These look really great too - interesting to see these again.

Nice friend. If I be come your friend will you lend me clubs that I don’t have to give back?

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, MarkCPA said:

Absolutely gorgeous, but not available in 33".   

There are one 33” but they are like a unicorn. Most of the ones I’ve seen were ordered at 33” but unfortunately for most places they were allotted a certain number of each at 34 and 35 and couldn’t order specific length.

the secondary market for the 33” is pretty high right now and not really selling or coming down much

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I bought both the Newport and Newport 2 in 34” lengths. I had intentions on putting a ysc in and the grip I like. Needless to say after a 28 putt round I’m not touching the Newport 2.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up the Newport II this weekend.  I love the feel of this putter and I can't wait to play with it again! 

IMG_1184.JPG

IMG_1181.JPG

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x