Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2019-Official Forum Member Review-PING Blueprint Irons

5 hours ago, Shankster said:

Thanks!

Any specific questions you want answered?

Nope, the main one has already been asked: how they stack up to Mizuno. Looking forward to the updates! 

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

How do the lofts compare to the Rocketbladez Tour? What other irons will you be comparing them to? I always tend to compare blades to Mizuno MP 14, Founders Club 200 Series and Sagra INB-1150 - those are my favorite all-time blades. I have been thinking about this all day - I'm super happy for you and perhaps a little jealous but only a little since the pastor in me is telling me not to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

I have a few irons from the Founders Club and MP 14 and all the Saqra I could send to you to compare if you like!

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

How do the lofts compare to the Rocketbladez Tour? What other irons will you be comparing them to? I always tend to compare blades to Mizuno MP 14, Founders Club 200 Series and Sagra INB-1150 - those are my favorite all-time blades. I have been thinking about this all day - I'm super happy for you and perhaps a little jealous but only a little since the pastor in me is telling me not to be

Here’s the specs to compare.

IMG_5894.PNG

Here’s the specs to compare.

IMG_5894.thumb.PNG.9a66a6d192ab3d2dd0aaf56281766560.PNG

Thanks! They are pretty comparable. What about in shaft length? Are they the same? How do they compare in distance? Ball flight?

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Thanks! They are pretty comparable. What about in shaft length? Are they the same? How do they compare in distance? Ball flight?

Haven’t compared the lengths, but I went with standard on the PING’s, bought the TM’s used.

When I was getting fit the guy said mine were 2° flat from standard PING specs, so I guess I am playing a more upright club than I am used to.

Ball flight on a stock swing is a nice mid trajectory. I hit the TM’s to the moon. These can go to the moon, but by user input, nor every single shot.

Haven’t got to mess around a whole lot with different trajectories and shapes, but that will be addressed.

Distance from what I can tell is probably 2-3 yards longer because I am making better contact and the shaft was fit for me.

Nice start Shankster! And what a cool opportunity! I logged in this morning and saw “Official Member Review- Ping Blueprints” and thought man, how did I miss this announcement!?

Can’t wait to read more. But, where is the 1-iron?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Wow, congrats Shanks! Couldn't have picked a better person to do this review!! I'm really curious about these as I love my I200 short irons but am not a huge fan of the long irons. Maybe a reverse combo set?!?!

Now... about this 2 iron... I can't imagine how good it feels to flush one. I'm also happy to see PING making a 2 iron, as they are becoming harder and harder to find. (Yes, I know the modern day 4 iron is a traditional 2 iron, but now isn't the time for that discussion.)

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Haven’t compared the lengths, but I went with standard on the PING’s, bought the TM’s used.

When I was getting fit the guy said mine were 2° flat from standard PING specs, so I guess I am playing a more upright club than I am used to.

Ball flight on a stock swing is a nice mid trajectory. I hit the TM’s to the moon. These can go to the moon, but by user input, nor every single shot.

Haven’t got to mess around a whole lot with different trajectories and shapes, but that will be addressed.

Distance from what I can tell is probably 2-3 yards longer because I am making better contact and the shaft was fit for me.

Thanks Shankster - I really appreciate your feedback and response. I will be watching closely and will ask questions as they come up. The difficult thing in asking some questions is that so much is contingent on swing and type of player. I know with a blade they will do whatever you give them without much in way of surprises. Thanks again for responding so quickly!

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Nice start Shankster! And what a cool opportunity! I logged in this morning and saw “Official Member Review- Ping Blueprints” and thought man, how did I miss this announcement!?

Can’t wait to read more. But, where is the 1-iron?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe when I join the tour and have some pull like Louis and Bubba I can get that special one off 1 iron...

But it wouldn’t be scary, the 2 iron is small but not bic lighter small.

Actually wishing they’d make a UW for this set. I’d have one on order already if they did.

Thanks Shankster - I really appreciate your feedback and response. I will be watching closely and will ask questions as they come up. The difficult thing in asking some questions is that so much is contingent on swing and type of player. I know with a blade they will do whatever you give them without much in way of surprises. Thanks again for responding so quickly!

You’re welcome. I am adjusting my style of play a bit from trying to bend them like Bubba to a little less curve. So far so good. It’s nice to play from the fairway.

Wow, congrats Shanks! Couldn't have picked a better person to do this review!! I'm really curious about these as I love my I200 short irons but am not a huge fan of the long irons. Maybe a reverse combo set?!?!

Now... about this 2 iron... I can't imagine how good it feels to flush one. I'm also happy to see PING making a 2 iron, as they are becoming harder and harder to find. (Yes, I know the modern day 4 iron is a traditional 2 iron, but now isn't the time for that discussion.)

Thanks! We’ll have to start calling you Viktor.

Congratulations @Shankster for being chosen. It's a humbling feeling isn't it?

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Congratulations [mention=69396]Shankster[/mention] for being chosen. It's a humbling feeling isn't it?

Yes sir!

No idea how honored I was to be asked to test these. I honestly asked Stud and CG2 if I was being punked. So many great reviewers on here!

My promise to the forum is that I will not let you down.

yeah...I mean everyone misses the middle - Jack, Tiger, Arnie, Brooks, DJ - they all do - it's by how much though.  Millimeters vs. Centimeters...

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

yeah...I mean everyone misses the middle - Jack, Tiger, Arnie, Brooks, DJ - they all do - it's by how much though.  Millimeters vs. Centimeters...

Yes I suppose that would make a difference. I will say I have missed by a mile on these. Wasn’t as punishing as I would have imagined.

Going back to a few years ago demoing clubs I miss hit the cobra MB’s pretty bad and it hurt like heck, and was severely punished. Not the case so far with these.

Shanks...when you get some rounds in I would like to know if you believe these are blades that a 6-ish handicapper could play and actually manage.

Congrats on being hand picked for this one, it will be fun to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Yes I suppose that would make a difference. I will say I have missed by a mile on these. Wasn’t as punishing as I would have imagined.

Going back to a few years ago demoing clubs I miss hit the cobra MB’s pretty bad and it hurt like heck, and was severely punished. Not the case so far with these.

That's good to hear... maybe it's the forging?  Or the shaft?  I really like that PX LZ shaft when I demoed some.

As opposed to not being punishing it must feel REALLY REALLY good when you middle one.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Shanks...when you get some rounds in I would like to know if you believe these are blades that a 6-ish handicapper could play and actually manage.

Congrats on being hand picked for this one, it will be fun to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Thanks!

I just started tracking my “simulated” handicap and I am at a 5.8 right now after only 2 rounds. I expect that to come down a little when I work out a few kinks.

As of right now if your iron striking is a strong point I don’t see why not.

I’ll add this to my bank of follow ups!

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

No idea how honored I was to be asked to test these. I honestly asked Stud and CG2 if I was being punked. So many great reviewers on here!

That would be heartless.  Congrats on being selected!  Purely based on looks alone, if I thought I could handle a set of forged blades, these would the ones.  Hell, I'd be willing to add a handful of strokes to my handicap just to bag them 😀.  Maybe I missed it in the earlier posts, but did you and @Golfspy_CG2get to select shafts?  I would imagine these come with a wide selection of no-upcharge options?  I may just find a PING fitting cart somewhere that has these and quench my thirst 😆.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

That would be heartless.  Congrats on being selected!  Purely based on looks alone, if I thought I could handle a set of forged blades, these would the ones.  Hell, I'd be willing to add a handful of strokes to my handicap just to bag them .  Maybe I missed it in the earlier posts, but did you and [mention=65448]Golfspy_CG2[/mention]get to select shafts?  I would imagine these come with a wide selection of no-upcharge options?  I may just find a PING fitting cart somewhere that has these and quench my thirst .  

Yep. Had my pick of the stock shafts. I tried all of them that fit my swing.

These were the money ones though.

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Thanks!

I just started tracking my “simulated” handicap and I am at a 5.8 right now after only 2 rounds. I expect that to come down a little when I work out a few kinks.

As of right now if your iron striking is a strong point I don’t see why not.

I’ll add this to my bank of follow ups!

I want to say our games bear resemblance.  Thanks for giving it some consideration...

I played three sets of irons from 1999 - 2018.  962b’s, 670’s and PING i5’s.  Now that I am falling out of love with my Hogan’s I want to get back to what always worked for me, Titleist or PING.  These have been on the radar for some time.

These are such a good looking club and I am thrilled for you that you get to share this story.  

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I want to say our games bear resemblance.  Thanks for giving it some consideration...
I played three sets of irons from 1999 - 2018.  962b’s, 670’s and PING i5’s.  Now that I am falling out of love with my Hogan’s I want to get back to what always worked for me, Titleist or PING.  These have been on the radar for some time.
These are such a good looking club and I am thrilled for you that you get to share this story.  

From what I can remember about the Hogan’s I held, didn’t hit. The PING’s are a touch longer in the blade length, and very similar in blade height. Plus if you like the added bounce, the Blueprints have enough to help when needed.

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Make no mistake that these are a club that will humble you....

They had them at the PGA SS when I was there and unless you can consistently strike the same spot on the club nearly every time it's "look but don't touch".... I don't mean to dissuade anyone from being interested because these are stunning to LOOK at but it would be a bummer to spend $1,700 on a set of clubs that sit in the closet.

Here's a blueprint and g410 side by side...
If you put a ball down in front of that blueprint there's not going to be much toe or heel visible...
I realize the 410 is a different iron but these things are tiny, and, like I said - you better not miss or you will seriously consider giving up the game for good.... or at the very least going back to your "players iron"  🙂

Have fun Alan and I hope that these are all that and more for you; I envy your ball-striking ability!

blue_g410.jpg

Awesome... thanks for sharing this comparison photo... further emasculating my brand new irons 🤣.  On the plus side, I'm getting more club for the money 👍.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Just now, fixyurdivot said:

Awesome... thanks for sharing this comparison photo... further emasculating my brand new irons 🤣.  On the plus side, I'm getting more club for the money 👍.

hey.... don't get me wrong... I've been schooled by guys that play the g10 and guys that play the mp32.... play what works for you.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

From what I can remember about the Hogan’s I held, didn’t hit. The PING’s are a touch longer in the blade length, and very similar in blade height. Plus if you like the added bounce, the Blueprints have enough to help when needed.

And a much different profile at address. Helps with guys who think too much
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

12 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Make no mistake that these are a club that will humble you....

@Shankster Speaking of this, would you mind posting a photo of what the 2 iron looks like as you look down on it at address?  I hit the 4 iron just for fun and can only imagine what the 2i looks like!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done