Golfspy_CG2

2019-Official Forum Member Review-PING Blueprint Irons

Our Sponsors

Oh boy, I have been dying to see or hear about this three hole challenge 🤩

Alright Sir... I only did one hole because I wanted to get around some people... but I pared this beast!! Even ended up in the sand.. splashed out!! Couldn’t believe it. I had to register it as a putt to clear the hole... not bad eh?

I chunked the second shot, and I need up on the wrong side of the fairway to get a good shot for the third... third was in bunker.

IMG_6665.JPG
  • Like 7

47 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Alright Sir... I only did one hole because I wanted to get around some people... but I pared this beast!! Even ended up in the sand.. splashed out!! Couldn’t believe it. I had to register it as a putt to clear the hole... not bad eh?

I chunked the second shot, and I need up on the wrong side of the fairway to get a good shot for the third... third was in bunker.

IMG_6665.JPG

Not too shabby Alan!

• Like 2

Not too shabby Alan!

Thanks buddy. It was a very strange day of golf. Still something messed up in my sequencing, I was off ever so slightly but still managed to hit 71% of the fairways.

I feel like I am breaking my wrists early and away (probably not doing this) so I compensate and duck hook the dang thing.

Putting still proving to be my best attribute right now, it’s crazy.

I also have a reborn love for the AVX ball.

I most likely won’t get another round in until spring. Pretty hectic schedule for the next few months, but if there is a 3 hour block of sunshine in mid December I’ll be out there...
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

IMG_6665.JPG

Outstanding work sir, splash out with a 2 iron!! The sheer audacity of that statement has me swooning 🥰🤩

• Like 3

IMG_6665.thumb.JPG.57ca38c049fa418348bc1c7c0c45be75.JPG

That is so sweet Alan - classic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Thanks buddy. It was a very strange day of golf. Still something messed up in my sequencing, I was off ever so slightly but still managed to hit 71% of the fairways.

I feel like I am breaking my wrists early and away (probably not doing this) so I compensate and duck hook the dang thing.

I most likely won’t get another round in until spring. Pretty hectic schedule for the next few months, but if there is a 3 hour block of sunshine in mid December I’ll be out there...

I've played the AVX the last few rounds too - feels better with the colder weather and I can't hit it out of my shadow anyway

• Like 1

I've played the AVX the last few rounds too - feels better with the colder weather and I can't hit it out of my shadow anyway

I was alternating between the AVX, V1, and the Tour Soft.

My favorite acoustically sounding and feel combo was the Tour Soft by a mile. Then the AVX, followed by the V1. Also noticing it is easier to control the spin on the TS and AVX. I could pick any of the 3 and have a great round with it.

Just that Tour Soft and the Blueprint combo is what dreams are made of... the AVX is nearly there. Feels like a good old fashioned Blade smushing a Balata... glorious.
  • Like 4

These Iron are seriously good looking, I currently play the Honma TW737 and love how they feel. However as far as looks go I differently think Ping have one over Honma on this one. 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 5:25 PM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Besides that these are just absolutely gorgeous to look at

They are indeed.

• Like 3

On 11/15/2019 at 6:00 PM, Shankster said:

The way my game is right now, I would be ecstatic to take either 71% FIR or great putting.  Both have been in the dumps for me for over a month. Hoping things clear up for you.  This thread has been awesome to follow!  Thanks for taking one for the team and painstakingly reviewing these irons.

• Like 2

Almost finished up with the Stage 2 everyone. The past 6 weeks have been so erratic with work I haven’t had much time to myself. Looking to have it up by the end of the weekend.

Spoiler... they are staying in the bag!

• Like 3

Almost finished up with the Stage 2 everyone. The past 6 weeks have been so erratic with work I haven’t had much time to myself. Looking to have it up by the end of the weekend.

Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Sweet!

All I want for Christmas is a Stage 2 Blueprint Review.

• Like 2

Sweet!
All I want for Christmas is a Stage 2 Blueprint Review.

Well Santa just might have that for you!
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Shankster said:

Well Santa just might have that for you!

What if we just get a lump of coal instead?

• Like 1

What if we just get a lump of coal instead?

I prefer onions.
  • Like 1

Had a major change of plans just happen. Stage 2 will be delayed, but before Christmas....

I love boats...

7 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Had a major change of plans just happen. Stage 2 will be delayed, but before Christmas....

I love boats... emoji1361.png

Going to the Catalina Wine Mixer?

• Like 1

Going to the Catalina Wine Mixer?

Nope.

Oooo it's nearly Christmas, do I sense a stage two in the air?

• Like 3
  • Love 1