Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

No Putts Given: Episode 8

CBD Oil  

637 members have voted

1. 1. How much interest do you have in CBD oil products?

• Wouldn't consider using
    • Waiting for more information
    • Don't care either way
    • In the market
    • Active consumer

On this week's NPG the guys cover the 3M championship, Sam hits a hole in one, Tony continues his deep dive into the guts of golf balls, and they consider making a CBD buyer's guide.

SoundCloud: 

Youtube: 

iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/ec/podcast/no-putts-given-episode-8/id1356729135?i=1000443967131&l=en

Go give it a listen or a watch, and leave a rating and a review!

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Second @PMookie on the CBD testing. Plus, the OTC stuff is so wildly unregulated you could get different bases (hemp vs actual MJ), strains inside those bases, and different potencies. Plus, considering that people's genetics are all unique, one person could be knocked on their rear by one drop and the other feels absolutely nothing. 

It's certainly an interesting topic, but best left to the pros to test. If you guys want to review some products, that's a different story, but again effects can vary wildly...

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

14 hours ago, PMookie said:

Good stuff guys. To answer the question about if you should “test” CBD products, I’d have to say a big “no”. I’ve worked in the medical field for years, and drug testing is an extensive process that requires thousands of enrollees, a TON of money, and research departments that y’all don’t have. On average, from idea, to testing, to market, it takes a drug over 10 years to make it to the general public. A couple guys taking CBD drops wouldn’t qualify as a legit study.
Anyway, just my $.02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Exactly my thoughts as well. It simply requires more capital and expertise than what the MGS guys have to do an accurate and conclusive study. Sure they could go out on the course with one of these products in their system and make some observations, but they'd be largely subjective in my opinion. 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

While they couldn’t publish an official this is the best this is the worst test. They could do an anecdotal type of article going over how using it effected their play and such

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

....one thing to remember here - this is a golf forum and I'm pretty sure they would do as @Mr_Theoo suggested and test the products in relation to your golfing performance.  Some folks get really really nervous playing - so much so that it can have a detrimental effect on their swing.

These guys are always, always on the lookout for whatever it takes to make YOU a better golfer.  

Whatever. It. Takes.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, TM Sim2 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

At my age I would love to be able to play golf pain-free, but that's a "pipe dream".  However, I am not about to take something based on anecdotal information.  When it's been fully tested and determined to be safe, maybe.  But I feel that will be long after my playing days are over.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 minute ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

....one thing to remember here - this is a golf forum and I'm pretty sure they would do as @Mr_Theoo suggested and test the products in relation to your golfing performance.  Some folks get really really nervous playing - so much so that it can have a detrimental effect on their swing.

These guys are always, always on the lookout for whatever it takes to make YOU a better golfer.  

Whatever. It. Takes.

Sounds like what beta blockers would do, and I thought those were illegal.  

While we're at it, why not let these guys use headphones to listen to soothing music that has a nice tempo for their swing.  Seems to be the same thing to me.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

Sounds like what beta blockers would do, and I thought those were illegal.  

While we're at it, why not let these guys use headphones to listen to soothing music that has a nice tempo for their swing.  Seems to be the same thing to me.

In some states use of CBD is legal.  Of course in a tournament setting you'll need to check the rules.

Absolutely - if headphones help you play better golf then by all means...

at the end of the day it is about enjoying the game and playing your best...those 2 usually go hand-in-hand but there are days where you can still enjoy the game and not have your best.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

In some states use of CBD is legal.  Of course in a tournament setting you'll need to check the rules.

Absolutely - if headphones help you play better golf then by all means...

at the end of the day it is about enjoying the game and playing your best...those 2 usually go hand-in-hand but there are days where you can still enjoy the game and not have your best.

Yeah, we are one of them and pot is legal too, but I seriously doubt pot would help anyone play better.  But if it did, we all should probably be using it?  Right?  {I'm being sarcastic... sorry}  I guess that is why it's just as illegal as listening to the music I stated above.

I understand CBD oil is not pot; my wife purchased some in a jar that has the consistency of honey.  I tried some on my shoulder but saw no effect.  She hasn't seen any effect either.  

24 minutes ago, Mr_Theoo said:

While they couldn’t publish an official this is the best this is the worst test. They could do an anecdotal type of article going over how using it effected their play and such

I think that's the best we could go for - anecdotal evidence. Completely understand where you're coming from @GolfSpy Stroker. Not saying it's a bad idea, just one that needs a lot of "*" in the findings,"this worked for us, and it might* work for you guys too" 

Best of luck!

what if it wasn't CBD ??

What if - for example we saw Phil and Tiger chewing gum - what if the staff said should we test if chewing gum, chewing gummies, or sucking on a lollipop helped make you a better golfer ??

I think the fact that it is "CBD" is clouding the issue (haha)... 

Look - I get the stigma with CBD, marijuana, hemp, THC - whatever it's called; I don't use it but I do know of some people who had cancer and it helped them tremendously.  I don't think anyone is proposing that you go get high and try playing golf....

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

what if it wasn't CBD ??

What if - for example we saw Phil and Tiger chewing gum - what if the staff said should we test if chewing gum, chewing gummies, or sucking on a lollipop helped make you a better golfer ??

Look - I get the stigma with CBD, marijuana, hemp, THC - whatever it's called; I don't use it but I do know of some people who had cancer and it helped them tremendously.  I don't think anyone is proposing that you go get high and try playing golf....

100% with you guys on this. The stigma's are old and bunked . If you try an oil and it doesn't work or makes you feel "weird," then move on. Doesn't mean anyone should be a teetotaler about the issue and put their head in the sand - lest we also say no beers on the course as well 😲

12 minutes ago, Tarheelvolvo said:

I think that's the best we could go for - anecdotal evidence. Completely understand where you're coming from @GolfSpy Stroker. Not saying it's a bad idea, just one that needs a lot of "*" in the findings,"this worked for us, and it might* work for you guys too

Best of luck!

This goes for EVERY test that has ever been done or ever will be done.

EVERY
SINGLE
ONE

There is not a single product I can think of that has been tested where that * shouldn't be applied.

I'd love for someone to change my opinion though...

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

17 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

what if it wasn't CBD ??

I do recall reading a golf digest article where a guy in Colorado did play high and he had a pretty enjoyable round, not saying they should try it but people have. I do think a big hurdle to get over is a lot of people are from a different generation where these products were very taboo and changing that thought about them is hard to do

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I dont they are actually going to conduct a TEST, but more of an opinion based review of what it is like to take CBD. Obviously everyone will react different to different things based on all sorts of body and health conditions.

But if they say 'Hey i took CBD instead of Advil before a round and felt great and not anxious. Yall should check it out possibly.'

I know NOTHING on CBD so some information is better than none.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

what if it wasn't CBD ??

Not for me. When MGS test clubs/balls, etc, they can always say the data is sound, and they’ve gone to industry experts to keep improving it, and have what they can call “validated” information. With ANY medical supplement, or medication, MGS has no way of getting the same result that can be backed by data. MGS would be venturing into the realm of YouTube reviews, which in the last “No Putts Given” was not given a very positive review... Stick to what MGS can clearly collect TRUE data on, with the top methods available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

49 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

what if it wasn't CBD ??

I still wouldn't want them testing it.

Honestly, testing bluetooth speakers is a bit of a stretch depending on how you look at it. We don't really care as golfers, because they are doing real-world testing, but if you ran the same test through a group of audiophiles it wouldn't pass the sniff test. They'd want to know things like what materials are used in the construction of the speakers, frequency range, and RMS power rating (Watts).

7 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I wouldn't mind if MGS compiled as list of good CBD oil suppliers based on their research.  But it is absolutely ludicrous to assume that they would be able to test the actual efficacy of the product. Not even the FDA does that for CBD or any other supplements

100%

So I have severe inflammation in my hands that causes numbness.  2 days of CBD oil and the numbness is gone.  Stop for about 3 days and it comes back.  The stuff I'm using is 100% certified THC free (I'm not affiliated so I will not share the product name).  There are good and not so good products out there. 

FWIW, my dad saw my results and decided to try it.  He says his joints don't hurt anymore and he is able to move around more easily.  

Edited by ga_pike
  • Driver:  Cobra LTDx Max
  • 5 wood, 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 5 hybrid: Callaway Forged CB 24*
  • Irons: Sub 70 699 (6), 659MB Raw (7-PW)
  • Wedges: Sub70 286 50*, Edel 55*, 60*
  • Putter:  PXG Bat Attack

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

Not trying to change the subject, although I see CBD seems to be quite the hot button issue...

Just wanted to say I'm really glad to hear the team reiterating their mission to bring truth to the everyday golfer, particularly with the ball test. If somebody wants to "make" their own tour level ball that's fine; but saying it's gonna compare to a Titleist/Bridgestone/Srixon, well, frankly there's just going be differences, especially without the R&D capabilities.

And for those of us who don't wanna blow through ProV1s, some Vice or Kirkland's or something similar is still probably the best all around go, especially for the price.

Thanks MGS for not getting distracted by other people's chatter and sticking true to your mission. 👍💪

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

I've been consuming hemp-derived CBD since I joined the forums 2 years ago and have posted about it a couple of times. I don't think MGS can state, in 72 pt. font, bold-faced, underlined TWICE, that this is only an article to see if CBD can help your golf game, without 90% of the comments being about the effects outside of golf, the legality, etc.

Too slippery of a slope IMO.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I would be interested in a review of products, taste, flavor, consistency, ect but agree with others would be hard pressed to test the effectiveness of the product. 

I''ve seen a slightly positive improvement in some pain management using CBD Oil (THC Free). I do need to be better about remembering to take it regularly though. I can't say I've noticed an improvement prior to going out for a round.

The biggest issue with the industry will be controlling the image and message and separating from the Marijuana industry. I work in the agricultural finance industry and have seen quite a bit of growth in hemp farming which will ultimately bring the price to a more tolerable point. Present day, I think it is overpriced. 

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder 

3 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

what if it wasn't CBD ??

This is where I struggle with an MGS test. You understand the stigma behind the product, the science that goes with it, and could benefit from learning more about it. I just don't think MGS can provide enough information to the casual readers who still get upset about dudes on tour playing in shorts. Call it brainwashing or whatever you want, but some people can't set aside what they've been told by their DARE officer or whoever they listen to, and simply look at the science.

FWIW, THC and CBD are both found in MJ but react to different endocannabinoid receptors in our bodies. THC binds to the receptors in your brain which causes the high/euphoria. CBD doesn't, and can actually block THC from binding to the receptors, lessening the high. This is why long time users prefer to consume strains with high THC concentrations and little to no CBD, otherwise they don't get the same effect. For everyone who will only put into their bodies what a government agency says is safe, the FDA approved Epidiolex which is derived from hemp for the treatment of seizures in children.

First and foremost, I want to say that I would love to smoke pot or use THC oil.  Unfortunately, as a government employee, I would lose my job in a snap.

Now that CBD extract is being marketed I am very interested in using it to relieve pains of aging.  Count me in on the group that lacks trust in the myriad of vendors who claim their product is superior.  I am glad you’re bringing this up and hope we can sort out some of the noise and narrow down products that could benefit the public.  

I will say that it is still amusing that some still believe that CBD is Marijuana in an augmented form.  The tough part about science is that results always precede understanding.  

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

32 minutes ago, bens197 said:

First and foremost, I want to say that I would love to smoke pot or use THC oil.  Unfortunately, as a government employee, I would lose my job in a snap.

Now that CBD extract is being marketed I am very interested in using it to relieve pains of aging.  Count me in on the group that lacks trust in the myriad of vendors who claim their product is superior.  I am glad you’re bringing this up and hope we can sort out some of the noise and narrow down products that could benefit the public.  

I will say that it is still amusing that some still believe that CBD is Marijuana in an augmented form.  The tough part about science is that results always precede understanding.  

https://www.leafly.com/finder/cbd-stores

Leafly is a highly-trusted source in the cannabis community. A lot of people trust their data when looking for their medicine. See if there are any stores near you and talk to someone there. Most of the people I've interacted with are genuine and seem like they have their clients' health in mind when recommending products. Definitely walking a tight rope consuming while being employed by uncle sam, especially since there are no regulations. But even in regulated industries, there are always sharks. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, MAXFLI! If you're not on Instagram, this is what I'm referencing:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzt0LNxJ-M5/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet

https://www.leafly.com/finder/cbd-stores
Leafly is a highly-trusted source in the cannabis community. A lot of people trust their data when looking for their medicine. See if there are any stores near you and talk to someone there. Most of the people I've interacted with are genuine and seem like they have their clients' health in mind when recommending products. Definitely walking a tight rope consuming while being employed by uncle sam, especially since there are no regulations. But even in regulated industries, there are always sharks. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, MAXFLI! If you're not on Instagram, this is what I'm referencing:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzt0LNxJ-M5/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet

Nothing in NY but thanks for sharing.
@pmookie was spot on with the time it takes to get approved. So long as Marijuana is listed as a schedule 1 drug, there will be interference.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/