TESTERS WANTED! ×

No Putts Given: Episode 8

CBD Oil  

637 members have voted

1. 1. How much interest do you have in CBD oil products?

• Wouldn't consider using
    • Waiting for more information
    • Don't care either way
    • In the market
    • Active consumer

21 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I understand CBD oil is not pot; my wife purchased some in a jar that has the consistency of honey.  I tried some on my shoulder but saw no effect.  She hasn't seen any effect either.  

That's my understanding as well - contains no THC.  The problem, as has been pointed out, is that the market currently is unregulated.  Worse, it is being flooded with products coming from everywhere and most without pedigree.  This is not unlike the "snake oil" products of yesteryear.  I know a couple near us that use it for arthritic pain and claim it works.  At this point, I'm in the "waiting for more info" group". If some controlled, valid testing shows it is helpful, and side effect risk is low, I wouldn't be opposed to using.

In the meantime, I'll take an Aleve here and there to combat the elbow and shoulder aches.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

There are two types of CBD oil - Isolates and Full Spectrum.  To say that CBD oil contains no THC is false.

https://www.thecbdistillery.com/pure-cbd-isolate-oil-vs-full-spectrum-cbd-oil/?utm_source=Email Article Pure CBD Oil vs. Full Spectrum&mc_cid=5ce83bfcbc&mc_eid=[UNIQID]

While CBD (cannabidiol) sourced from natural hemp products does not contain enough THC to cause the intoxication that marijuana is known for, it does contain trace amounts (0.3 percent). In fact, this low level of THC is what differentiates marijuana from hemp. CBD from hemp does not cause any intoxicating effects, even when ingested in large amounts.

While CBD from hemp does not contain enough THC to cause any adverse effects, there are those who prefer to have these trace amounts of THC removed from their products. Those who prefer THC removal often prefer a product made from a CBD isolate.

Also, you cannot buy CBD oil on Amazon.  

https://www.cbdschool.com/buy-cbd-oil-amazon/

To the unsuspecting consumer, it can be easy to confuse “CBD oil”, “CBD hemp oil”, “hemp oil”, and “hemp extract.” To add to the confusion sometimes you will even see “hemp seed oil”. But don’t worry. We are going to clear all that up.

CBD’s extracted from hemp, right? So. shouldn’t any kind of hemp oil contain CBD? Nope, not all. Here’s why.

CBD (cannabidiol) is the most abundant non-intoxicating cannabinoid found in cannabis plants and is most abundant in the flowers and leaves, although much lower amounts can also be found in the stems of the plant.

Using various state-of-the-art extraction techniques, CBD is extracted from all these parts of the plant and is what’s responsible for the countless wellness benefits the cannabinoid contains.

While CBD is typically sold under the guise of just that, “CBD oil”, remember that it’s against Amazon’s policy for companies to sell CBD. Thus the origins of “hemp extract” or “hemp oil extract.”

This is CBD under the name of something else. An alias, if you will.

Hemp seed oil (AKA hemp oil), on the other hand, is produced from pressing the seeds of hemp plants. And while hemp seeds are super nutritious and an awesome food and supplement, they contain insignificant amounts of CBD and other cannabinoids (basically none).

CBD companies don’t make their CBD products and oils from pressing hemp seeds. They’re using the entire plant, and especially the flowers. Remember, the highest concentration of CBD is found in the flowers of hemp plants.

Hemp seed oil is good for you, but it doesn’t contain the widely-supported benefits of CBD because it isn’t the same thing! To keep things simple, just think of hemp seed oil as a food product and CBD hemp oil and hemp extract as a supplement.

Great podcast again guys! I listen on spotify, so there is no option to rate or review, but I hope you're getting data on listener engagement from them. Usually within a couple days of release I've listened to it during my commute. I really appreciate the group's take on things, and generally relaxed and mature feel of the podcast.

Keep up the good work!

Great work with the ball testing and debunking.  I don’t care if a company uses a Chinese manufacturer to produce a ball off an old patent.  Be honest about it and sell at a lower price point.  Why not purchase a good quality ball at a good price.

I don’t want to see any type of medical products reviewed on this site.  This is a golf forum and I think the CBD reviews could lead down a slippery slope.  Let medical professionals deal with medical products.  I might as well go to a gaming forum for baking tips.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

Good article about CBD oil just posted on espn... worth a look to see what professionals think of it.

Maybe this will help reduce the stigma of it....

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/27147006/golf-not-secret-fascination-cbd-oil

There are still misconceptions about the products that have made some Tour players hesitate to publicly announce they use CBD oil in any form. For example, the product is derived from hemp, not marijuana. Also, hemp is produced for high CBD content and marijuana for high THC content.

McCarron even believes CBD could help the average golfer who deals with the anxiety that comes from playing the sport recreationally. Alcohol is the drug of choice for the everyday golfer, and McCarron thinks there is a borderline abuse issue stemming from golfers thinking they need to drink while playing to cut the anxiety.

Naturally, the products are being aimed at the average golfer as well. Functional Remedies is now selling its products in 125 golf shops, with 12 sales representatives selling to golf courses around the country.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

So this is clearly a touchy subject. Which I find very odd seeing that before prohibition was repealed all forms of pot were legal in the US. I think everyone that is against CBD should do a little research into what it is (not something to get high) and the reason that medical MJ is becoming such a large thing. I know of Vietnam Vets that have been stuck on serious pain pills for a long time and not really functional, that have switched to High CBD MJ or edibles that no longer used the horribly addictive narcotics that were prescribed to them. As a side note they are functional again. From my understanding CBD oils should be taken 1-3 times daily but most do it before bed. I do not believe it is a pop it and 15 mins later your life has changed type of thing. 

Yes I agree that while the FDA isn't regulating the sale of OTC CBD oil you really don't know what strength you are getting. I do not think this is a "test" item unless you are going to bring in all the other OTC pain meds as well. 

2020 TESTER Ben Hogan UiHi 18* Utility Iron

Driver:     - Anser - 8.5* - Fujikara Red Blur 005 XStiff - Standard L/L

3W:     - SQ Sumo - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Stiff - Standard L/L

Hybrid 3:     - Machspeed - UST Mamiya AXIVCore XStiff -Standard L/L

Irons:      - Idea Black CB3  4-GW - KBS Tour Stiff+ - Standard L/L

Wedges:    - Vokey 52*, 54*, 60* - True Temper Wedge - Standard L/L

Putter:     - Versa Blade - 35in

Ball:      NXT Tour

Bag:  - Ultra Light Cart Bag  

Loc: USA/MD

Handicap: 13

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Good article about CBD oil just posted on espn... worth a look to see what professionals think of it.

Maybe this will help reduce the stigma of it....

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/27147006/golf-not-secret-fascination-cbd-oil

There are still misconceptions about the products that have made some Tour players hesitate to publicly announce they use CBD oil in any form. For example, the product is derived from hemp, not marijuana. Also, hemp is produced for high CBD content and marijuana for high THC content.

McCarron even believes CBD could help the average golfer who deals with the anxiety that comes from playing the sport recreationally. Alcohol is the drug of choice for the everyday golfer, and McCarron thinks there is a borderline abuse issue stemming from golfers thinking they need to drink while playing to cut the anxiety.

Naturally, the products are being aimed at the average golfer as well. Functional Remedies is now selling its products in 125 golf shops, with 12 sales representatives selling to golf courses around the country.

interesting article

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

I've tried CBD for aches and pains (both isolate and full spectrum) and can't say they were effective for me in regards to pain. The full spectrum does make me a little more relaxed and has helped me fall asleep, something I have trouble with occasionally, but the one round I played after taking the full spectrum was hot garbage. So when it comes to golf, it's a pass for me.

Taylormade SIM Driver

Titleist 915 3 wood

Taylormade M1 Hybrid

Mizuno JPX921 Tour 4-PW

Mizuno T20 50/55/60

Toulon Las Vegas

Taylormade TP5x

📸https://www.instagram.com/samej_g/

I say please do a test. I want to know what brands are legit, what work and which ones do not.   For those who haven't tried it or are wondering about it,  it works for me and is working for a lot of my friends. Better than taking 800mg of Advil or Tylenol all the time.

It takes the edge off the pain. I've used it for 'golfers elbow', my knee pain, strained foot muscles and head aches.  It does a really good job of taking away some of the pain. I've not tried the oil's, I like the Myaderm brand cream as I apply it to the areas where I am feeling pain and it works for me.

Myaderm is uses FDA approved facilities, it can confirm via independent 3rd party labs it has no THC in it so no worries about failing a drug test.  I know a lot of brands can't confirm they don't have THC or lead in the manufacturing process. I am not so sure of some of these others but from what I've learned about Myaderm they are doing CBD the right way.

So I say test it. I say try it, you'll like it.

TS3 driver 9.5 & fairway wood 16.5, TM Burner Hybrid 20, Ping Hybrid 23, Titliest 912 irons, Modus 120 S shaft, Volkey SM 7 56 and 60, Mack Daddy 3 52  Putter Oddessy #7    Ball ProV

Klaugh56

On 7/8/2019 at 6:52 PM, PMookie said:

Good stuff guys. To answer the question about if you should “test” CBD products, I’d have to say a big “no”. I’ve worked in the medical field for years, and drug testing is an extensive process that requires thousands of enrollees, a TON of money, and research departments that y’all don’t have. On average, from idea, to testing, to market, it takes a drug over 10 years to make it to the general public. A couple guys taking CBD drops wouldn’t qualify as a legit study.
Anyway, just my $.02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For something discovered in 1940, pretty sure they know what it does, is non addictive, non evasive, and affordable. Does not destroy lives, or end them.   People in your trade will be resistant for years to come, as their known products are what they know, and what the pharmaceutical companies lobby them for.

Edited by Shifty

:callaway-small: Paradym 9 degree Driver

:wilson-small: DYNAPWR 3 wood

:callaway-small: Apex 21  PW-4 Iron

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:vokey-small: SM6 62 Degree   

:EVNROLL: ER2 Putter

For something discovered in 1940, pretty sure they know what it does, is non addictive, non evasive, and affordable. Does not destroy lives, or end them.   People in your trade will be resistant for years to come, as their known products are what they know, and what the pharmaceutical companies lobby them for.

Um, my point was in relation to MGS doing a “study”...... Thanks, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:42 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

and they consider making a CBD buyer's guide

Is too much being made out of the CBD issue?  The first post said they are considering making a "buyer's guide" which in my mind isn't the same as testing or conducting a "study" of any sort.  I don't know what MGS had in mind but to me a buyer's guide is just a resource to help you choose the right product for your situation.  It would be like creating a used car buyer's guide with items to consider when buying a used car vs. doing the sort of reliability testing/survey Consumer Reports does. 

Ball Cutting:  I am not clear on why finding it on the course is so important.  Yes it's fun to see some old Top Flite XL Regular Trajectory balls or old wound balata balls cut open, but wouldn't it be more relevant to buy a bunch of balls from DSG or wherever and see what's inside?  I thought there was supposed to be something about there being different balls with different materials and/or different construction all sold in the same box with the same label. 

Well I'll be...found this interesting article on ESPN today talking about "Golf's not-so-secret fascination with CBD oil"

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

Interesting enough topic for a muggy, soon to be rainy July afternoon in Florida.  I've suffered from Glaucoma for nearly 30 years and it is currently not being controlled by the drops that I used.  At my recent eye appointment my ophthalmologist suggested laser surgery to help reduce the pressure.  I asked about the possibility of CBD oil and while he did not totally discount it his comment was if the other drops that I'm using aren't having an impact then it is even less likely that it would. 

I'm having the procedure although I will need to take some sort of follow up drop/drug to continue to keep the pressure down in my eyes post op.  We will revisit a form of cannabis at that time.

Again though it's unlikely that I will use it if only because there are others in my life who might get ahold of it and abuse it leaving my eyes unprotected.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

As an older golfer, who has undergone some rough physical trauma in the last 5 years, I finally decided to see how CBD would help with a shoulder and leg which often are in continual discomfort.  Neither is enough to make me stop golfing, but the pain often disrupts sleep and limits the quality of my swings.

So, this week I finally picked up some CBD drops to at least say I tried it.

One half hour after the first ingestion, I became aware of the loss of discomfort. and the effects seemed to last quit a bit of time. This period of time included 40 minutes at the driving range hitting full shots.

10 hours later, I took another 2 drops and had the best pain free sleep I have had in a year or so.  

All I am reporting on is my results.  My wife, who has severe knee pain, also reported good results.  So that is where we are and will continue to monitor results as we continue.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

1 hour ago, DrMJG said:

As an older golfer, who has undergone some rough physical trauma in the last 5 years, I finally decided to see how CBD would help with a shoulder and leg which often are in continual discomfort.  Neither is enough to make me stop golfing, but the pain often disrupts sleep and limits the quality of my swings.

So, this week I finally picked up some CBD drops to at least say I tried it.

One half hour after the first ingestion, I became aware of the loss of discomfort. and the effects seemed to last quit a bit of time. This period of time included 40 minutes at the driving range hitting full shots.

10 hours later, I took another 2 drops and had the best pain free sleep I have had in a year or so.  

All I am reporting on is my results.  My wife, who has severe knee pain, also reported good results.  So that is where we are and will continue to monitor results as we continue.

... Good for you!!! I know I shouldn't be, but I am shocked that 22% say they won't consider using CBD. It is a natural remedy with zero side effects and yet another 22% are waiting for more information? NOBODY has ever died from CBD or THC for that matter but taking pharmaceuticals:

"Estimates dating back nearly two decades put the number at 100,000 or more deaths annually, which includes a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association in 1998 that projected 106,000 deaths. A more recent analysis estimates 128,000 Americans die each year as a result of taking medications as prescribed – or nearly five times the number of people killed by overdosing on prescription painkillers and heroin."

... Considering how bad ibuprofen and acetaminophen are for you, I am perplexed as to why someone would not at least try CBD? My son's body is beat to he!! from playing DE in college and CBD is a lifesaver for him. I didn't go thru anywhere near the bodily abuse my son did, but as a QB I have my share of pain along 2 back surgeries and foot surgery. My  back has always been in pain since '95 and CBD has relieved a good 40-50% of my pain. And like you, we all sleep better as our aches and pains are mitigated. Do yourself a favor and try one good CBD if you suffer from chronic pain. 

Edited by chisag

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

40 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Good for you!!! I know I shouldn't be, but I am shocked that 22% say they won't consider using CBD. It is a natural remedy with zero side effects and yet another 22% are waiting for more information? NOBODY has ever died from CBD or THC for that matter but taking pharmaceuticals:

"Estimates dating back nearly two decades put the number at 100,000 or more deaths annually, which includes a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association in 1998 that projected 106,000 deaths. A more recent analysis estimates 128,000 Americans die each year as a result of taking medications as prescribed – or nearly five times the number of people killed by overdosing on prescription painkillers and heroin."

... Considering how bad ibuprofen and acetaminophen are for you, I am perplexed as to why someone would not at least try CBD? My son's body is beat to he!! from playing DE in college and CBD is a lifesaver for him. I did to go thru anywhere near the bodily abuse my son did, but as a QB I have my share of pain along 2 back surgeries. My  back has always been in pain since '95 and CBD has relieved a good 40-50% of my pain. And like you, we all sleep better as our aches and pains are mitigated. 

Reading about how CBD has helped people makes me SO HAPPY!

Hawaii, a very conservative state, has finally decriminalized MJ. Being so conservative, they only legalized up to 3g, but it's a step in the right direction! I can't wait for the day where I don't have to worry about potentially not being able to get CBD.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

12 hours ago, chisag said:

I am not against using CBD oil; however,  I would wait for more regulation prior to trying.  In an job where drug testing does occur and I would be concerned about the THC component.  I know buy from a reputable reseller and you won't have a problem.  The question of use was asked to our HR department and they are supposed to be reviewing the product and releasing a position. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

43 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I am not against using CBD oil; however,  I would wait for more regulation prior to trying.  In an job where drug testing does occur and I would be concerned about the THC component.  I know buy from a reputable reseller and you won't have a problem.  The question of use was asked to our HR department and they are supposed to be reviewing the product and releasing a position. 

... I hear you and I certainly understand your position. But I would add "wait for more regulation" is the worst case scenario considering our regulatory agencies are run by the very people they are supposed to be regulating. With the fox's running the henhouse, the FDA attempts to outlaw anything not in the interest of Big Pharma. They OK drugs that kill millions with a long list of dangerous side effects including death, while banning natural remedies that have zero side effects and the only downside is they make not work for you. You really have to do your own research when it comes to your health. 

... I hear you and I certainly understand your position. But I would add "wait for more regulation" is the worst case scenario considering our regulatory agencies are run by the very people they are supposed to be regulating. With the fox's running the henhouse, the FDA attempts to outlaw anything not in the interest of Big Pharma. They OK drugs that kill millions with a long list of dangerous side effects including death, while banning natural remedies that have zero side effects and the only downside is they make not work for you. You really have to do your own research when it comes to your health. 

Yep! It's tough for those who get tested regularly for work and live in an illegal state or work on the federal level, but hopefully we'll get our crap together and wise up. However if you're only not trying it because it's not FDA approved you need to wake up.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2019/07/76-billion-opioid-pills-in-7-years-how-pharma-companies-drowned-us-in-drugs/

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if I'm the first to say it, but using CBD oil for the calming effects should be the same as playing music while golfing. Whether you are calming your nerves to eliminate the yips or following the beat of the music to help with your swing tempo, it's in the same vein and should be subject to the same rules. Either make it illegal or make both legal. 

What's in the bag

Custom Classic XL, 9, Fujikura Vista Pro 75 stiff

Ping, i20, 15, TFC 707 F (stock) stiff

Idea Black Super Hybrid, 19 Aldila Voodoo stiff

Mizuno MP Fli-hi, 18, DG SL S300, MP 52, 3–6, DG S300, Mizuno MP 62, 7–PW, DG S300

Titleist SM5 50/8, SM5 54/10, SM5 58/8, SM5 52/8, SM5 58/8

Odyssey Black Series #1 34" with black oxide finish

Vice Pro+

16 minutes ago, pj_engel said:

I'm not sure if I'm the first to say it, but using CBD oil for the calming effects should be the same as playing music while golfing. Whether you are calming your nerves to eliminate the yips or following the beat of the music to help with your swing tempo, it's in the same vein and should be subject to the same rules. Either make it illegal or make both legal. 

...  If you can take Ibuprofen and acetaminophen (both harmful to your health) CBD a natural remedy should certainly be legal.  I have not had any CBD "calming nerves"effect but if that is a side effect it is much better than pharmaceutical side effects and not enough of an advantage to even consider making it illegal.

1 minute ago, chisag said:

...  If you can take Ibuprofen and acetaminophen (both harmful to your health) CBD a natural remedy should certainly be legal.  I have not had any CBD "calming nerves"effect but if that is a side effect it is much better than pharmaceutical side effects and not enough of an advantage to even consider making it illegal.

My point was that the advantages it provides is the same as listening to music while playing golf. 

What's in the bag

Mizuno MP Fli-hi, 18, DG SL S300, MP 52, 3–6, DG S300, Mizuno MP 62, 7–PW, DG S300

Vice Pro+

47 minutes ago, pj_engel said:

My point was that the advantages it provides is the same as listening to music while playing golf. 

... Understood. My point is it does not. 

I have used CBD and found it helpful and my pain management doctor wants me to get my medical Marijuana license so that I can explore the benefits for my situation. My father died at 70 years old due to his liver being ruined from medication - the same medications I am prescribed. Oklahoma has last year legalized medical Marijuana amd I have been slow to try it for several reasons - one of which is my profession. That said, I would hate to think I only have 22 years left due to medicines I am taking. Anyway, I know people have strong feelings about these things but chronic pain and all that entails is a real struggle and it needs to be addressed in the best, healthiest way possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

4 hours ago, golfertrb said:

I have used CBD and found it helpful and my pain management doctor wants me to get my medical Marijuana license so that I can explore the benefits for my situation. My father died at 70 years old due to his liver being ruined from medication - the same medications I am prescribed. Oklahoma has last year legalized medical Marijuana amd I have been slow to try it for several reasons - one of which is my profession. That said, I would hate to think I only have 22 years left due to medicines I am taking. Anyway, I know people have strong feelings about these things but chronic pain and all that entails is a real struggle and it needs to be addressed in the best, healthiest way possible.

... Good stuff! There is no reason for anyone to have strong feelings about a natural plant that provides heathy pain relief, unless they work for a Pharmaceutical company. Nothing wrong with saying medical marijuana or even CBD isn't for you, but what someone else does for their pain management should be irrelevant. 

Edited by chisag

... Good stuff! There is no reason for anyone to have strong feelings about a natural plant that provides heathy pain relief, unless they work for a Pharmaceutical company. Nothing wrong with saying medical marijuana or even CBD isn't for you, but what someone else does for their pin management should be irrelevant. 

Totally agree. My health and my pain management is a decision that impacts me and my family and that's whose business it is. As you said, no one is dying from CBD and THC and people are literally dying every day from opiates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

On 8/6/2019 at 1:35 PM, chisag said:

... Understood. My point is it does not. 

I've gotten information on the contrary. One example: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13311-015-0387-1

What's in the bag

Vice Pro+