GolfSpy MPR

No Putts Given: Episode 8

CBD Oil  

637 members have voted

1. 1. How much interest do you have in CBD oil products?

• Wouldn't consider using
    • Waiting for more information
    • Don't care either way
    • In the market
    • Active consumer

For something discovered in 1940, pretty sure they know what it does, is non addictive, non evasive, and affordable. Does not destroy lives, or end them.   People in your trade will be resistant for years to come, as their known products are what they know, and what the pharmaceutical companies lobby them for.

Um, my point was in relation to MGS doing a “study”...... Thanks, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:42 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

and they consider making a CBD buyer's guide

Is too much being made out of the CBD issue?  The first post said they are considering making a "buyer's guide" which in my mind isn't the same as testing or conducting a "study" of any sort.  I don't know what MGS had in mind but to me a buyer's guide is just a resource to help you choose the right product for your situation.  It would be like creating a used car buyer's guide with items to consider when buying a used car vs. doing the sort of reliability testing/survey Consumer Reports does. 

Ball Cutting:  I am not clear on why finding it on the course is so important.  Yes it's fun to see some old Top Flite XL Regular Trajectory balls or old wound balata balls cut open, but wouldn't it be more relevant to buy a bunch of balls from DSG or wherever and see what's inside?  I thought there was supposed to be something about there being different balls with different materials and/or different construction all sold in the same box with the same label. 

Interesting enough topic for a muggy, soon to be rainy July afternoon in Florida.  I've suffered from Glaucoma for nearly 30 years and it is currently not being controlled by the drops that I used.  At my recent eye appointment my ophthalmologist suggested laser surgery to help reduce the pressure.  I asked about the possibility of CBD oil and while he did not totally discount it his comment was if the other drops that I'm using aren't having an impact then it is even less likely that it would. 

I'm having the procedure although I will need to take some sort of follow up drop/drug to continue to keep the pressure down in my eyes post op.  We will revisit a form of cannabis at that time.

Again though it's unlikely that I will use it if only because there are others in my life who might get ahold of it and abuse it leaving my eyes unprotected.

As an older golfer, who has undergone some rough physical trauma in the last 5 years, I finally decided to see how CBD would help with a shoulder and leg which often are in continual discomfort.  Neither is enough to make me stop golfing, but the pain often disrupts sleep and limits the quality of my swings.

So, this week I finally picked up some CBD drops to at least say I tried it.

One half hour after the first ingestion, I became aware of the loss of discomfort. and the effects seemed to last quit a bit of time. This period of time included 40 minutes at the driving range hitting full shots.

10 hours later, I took another 2 drops and had the best pain free sleep I have had in a year or so.  

All I am reporting on is my results.  My wife, who has severe knee pain, also reported good results.  So that is where we are and will continue to monitor results as we continue.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, DrMJG said:

As an older golfer, who has undergone some rough physical trauma in the last 5 years, I finally decided to see how CBD would help with a shoulder and leg which often are in continual discomfort.  Neither is enough to make me stop golfing, but the pain often disrupts sleep and limits the quality of my swings.

So, this week I finally picked up some CBD drops to at least say I tried it.

One half hour after the first ingestion, I became aware of the loss of discomfort. and the effects seemed to last quit a bit of time. This period of time included 40 minutes at the driving range hitting full shots.

10 hours later, I took another 2 drops and had the best pain free sleep I have had in a year or so.  

All I am reporting on is my results.  My wife, who has severe knee pain, also reported good results.  So that is where we are and will continue to monitor results as we continue.

... Good for you!!! I know I shouldn't be, but I am shocked that 22% say they won't consider using CBD. It is a natural remedy with zero side effects and yet another 22% are waiting for more information? NOBODY has ever died from CBD or THC for that matter but taking pharmaceuticals:

"Estimates dating back nearly two decades put the number at 100,000 or more deaths annually, which includes a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association in 1998 that projected 106,000 deaths. A more recent analysis estimates 128,000 Americans die each year as a result of taking medications as prescribed – or nearly five times the number of people killed by overdosing on prescription painkillers and heroin."

... Considering how bad ibuprofen and acetaminophen are for you, I am perplexed as to why someone would not at least try CBD? My son's body is beat to he!! from playing DE in college and CBD is a lifesaver for him. I didn't go thru anywhere near the bodily abuse my son did, but as a QB I have my share of pain along 2 back surgeries and foot surgery. My  back has always been in pain since '95 and CBD has relieved a good 40-50% of my pain. And like you, we all sleep better as our aches and pains are mitigated. Do yourself a favor and try one good CBD if you suffer from chronic pain. 

Edited by chisag
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Good for you!!! I know I shouldn't be, but I am shocked that 22% say they won't consider using CBD. It is a natural remedy with zero side effects and yet another 22% are waiting for more information? NOBODY has ever died from CBD or THC for that matter but taking pharmaceuticals:

"Estimates dating back nearly two decades put the number at 100,000 or more deaths annually, which includes a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association in 1998 that projected 106,000 deaths. A more recent analysis estimates 128,000 Americans die each year as a result of taking medications as prescribed – or nearly five times the number of people killed by overdosing on prescription painkillers and heroin."

... Considering how bad ibuprofen and acetaminophen are for you, I am perplexed as to why someone would not at least try CBD? My son's body is beat to he!! from playing DE in college and CBD is a lifesaver for him. I did to go thru anywhere near the bodily abuse my son did, but as a QB I have my share of pain along 2 back surgeries. My  back has always been in pain since '95 and CBD has relieved a good 40-50% of my pain. And like you, we all sleep better as our aches and pains are mitigated. 

Reading about how CBD has helped people makes me SO HAPPY!

Hawaii, a very conservative state, has finally decriminalized MJ. Being so conservative, they only legalized up to 3g, but it's a step in the right direction! I can't wait for the day where I don't have to worry about potentially not being able to get CBD.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chisag said:

I am not against using CBD oil; however,  I would wait for more regulation prior to trying.  In an job where drug testing does occur and I would be concerned about the THC component.  I know buy from a reputable reseller and you won't have a problem.  The question of use was asked to our HR department and they are supposed to be reviewing the product and releasing a position. 

43 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I am not against using CBD oil; however,  I would wait for more regulation prior to trying.  In an job where drug testing does occur and I would be concerned about the THC component.  I know buy from a reputable reseller and you won't have a problem.  The question of use was asked to our HR department and they are supposed to be reviewing the product and releasing a position. 

... I hear you and I certainly understand your position. But I would add "wait for more regulation" is the worst case scenario considering our regulatory agencies are run by the very people they are supposed to be regulating. With the fox's running the henhouse, the FDA attempts to outlaw anything not in the interest of Big Pharma. They OK drugs that kill millions with a long list of dangerous side effects including death, while banning natural remedies that have zero side effects and the only downside is they make not work for you. You really have to do your own research when it comes to your health. 

• Like 2

... I hear you and I certainly understand your position. But I would add "wait for more regulation" is the worst case scenario considering our regulatory agencies are run by the very people they are supposed to be regulating. With the fox's running the henhouse, the FDA attempts to outlaw anything not in the interest of Big Pharma. They OK drugs that kill millions with a long list of dangerous side effects including death, while banning natural remedies that have zero side effects and the only downside is they make not work for you. You really have to do your own research when it comes to your health. 

Yep! It's tough for those who get tested regularly for work and live in an illegal state or work on the federal level, but hopefully we'll get our crap together and wise up. However if you're only not trying it because it's not FDA approved you need to wake up.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2019/07/76-billion-opioid-pills-in-7-years-how-pharma-companies-drowned-us-in-drugs/

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1