TESTERS WANTED! ×

I hate to fly

revkev

I love flying! If I had the time and money, I'd take lessons and try and get my licence.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

To be honest, knowing that no one on the plane has control of it, and that I'm relying on a program to land a plane makes it worse. I mean, I know flying is safer than driving, but it just seems unatural. It also doesn't help that my #1 fear is heights.  

I have a commercial pilot in my congregation. I can assure you that the pilot flies the plane. Certainly there are lots of automated things happening but in the end you need the pilot to take off, land, exercise altitude or flight path changes.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

34 minutes ago, revkev said:

I have a commercial pilot in my congregation. I can assure you that the pilot flies the plane. Certainly there are lots of automated things happening but in the end you need the pilot to take off, land, exercise altitude or flight path changes.

Good, that definitely makes me feel better. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I used to love flying- I still love the initial acceleration but after we take off and we're at 'no return' height I now have anxiety.

Doesn't help that I'm flying again in a few days.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

So made it home safe - but wow - we experienced the outer bands of Barry landing -

So with 45 minutes left i the flight instead of the typical gentle descent we got a quick ascent from 33 to 38 thousand feet and a shift East. We followed the spine of Florida down and a quicker descent - all, including flight attendants, seat belted,bumping around and quickly descending through thunder clouds to TPA -

Oh boy - I’m having a scotch or two now.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

So made it home safe - but wow - we experienced the outer bands of Barry landing -

So with 45 minutes left i the flight instead of the typical gentle descent we got a quick ascent from 33 to 38 thousand feet and a shift East. We followed the spine of Florida down and a quicker descent - all, including flight attendants, seat belted,bumping around and quickly descending through thunder clouds to TPA -

Just think how much more you appreciate the solid ground under your feet.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Descending into Florida in the summer is always a treat during PM spot showers. The cloud formations are always beautiful but it certainly doesn’t make for a smooth ride.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I’ll usually checkout www.aviationweather.gov and fronts maps about a week prior to flying.

The aviation site has PIREPS (pilot reports) of turbulence and or smooth air (negative turbulence).

It helps reduce anxiety and I can estimate where we’ll expect to find some potholes.

The good news is that the airlines are in the business of uninterrupted flights and they’ll do whatever they can to find smooth air.

If you’re familiar with typical flight routes you’ll be able to see if you’re in for a good one or not based upon any deviation or length of flight.

One other thing you can do is go to flightaware and they’ll show you the accurate flight time and altitude.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

In my line of work, I fly a fair amount.  Not as much as the consultants who work for me, who fly out every Sunday and fly home every Thursday night, but generally once or twice a month.  I'm not an anxious flyer; I just hate the experience of it all.  I'm just old enough to remember when flying was special and when all flyers were treated like royalty.  My mom would make me wear a coat and tie.

I have enough status on American to be able to fly standby when I want (I usually schedule myself for a later flight, then try to get to the airport with enough time to walk to the gate and try to board the flight before), but not enough to get upgraded much.  

Where the experience used to be uniformly outstanding, it's now very hit and miss.  I've dealt with gate agents that worked their asses off to get me on a flight and attendants that have really gone over and above, and I've dealt with people who really just don't give a rip.  The cost of lower prices is inconsistent service.

Thankfully I'm not an anxious flyer, but I certainly get it.  I wish I could sleep on planes, but it just doesn't work for me so I usually just do work.  I live near a second-tier airport (Richmond, VA), so I rarely fly direct anywhere I'm going.  I'm intimately familiar with the Charlotte airport by now.  Among other things, I know exactly where to go to buy a new power cord for my Mac when I leave mine at a client site 😊

Given the amount of flying I do, I'd been lucky with cancellations until just recently, but it couldn't have come at a worse time.  I made President's Club at work this year, and my wife and I spent a wonderful four days in Punta Mita, MX.  We were leaving a day early to get home to see my oldest daughter's Senior Capstone presentation for the project she'd been working on all year.  DFW was socked in with electrical storms, so our flight was canceled.  We all had to go back through customs to get our luggage, then go back to the ticketing agents to make new arrangements.  The agent we worked with was phenomenal, and she managed to get us on standby on a flight that would bring us back to Richmond via LAX -> CLT -> RIC.  Needless to say, we were happy just to have a chance.  There was one open seat on the flight, but several people had not checked in.  We sat at the gate and waited and hoped.  My wife got excited when they made the final call and there were still seats, but I told her that they'd make a couple more final calls, and they'd personally page anyone not checked in.  The Hernandez family had not checked in, and then we saw three people strolling in our direction.  Sure enough, the Hernandez's showed up at the last possible second, and we were shut out.  I had to go back through customs again to get the luggage, then go back to ticketing to try to get home.  All the DFW flights the next day were oversold, so we wound up flying that same LAX -> CLT -> RIC route the next night.  That took 18 hours and got us home the morning after my daughter's presentation.

So, yeah, sometimes flying sucks. 

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Reminds me of the many Horrible Flights we had during my work career. Don’t miss it for one minute.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Just booked a trip to CT end of September
Airlines are PIA

Rick

Left Hand, 

I personally don't mind flying at all, but I really don't like flying with my wife. She has a long history of motion sickness, and not managing it very well.

After several bouts of multiple vomiting (several hours worth) I've put her on notice. Either she takes every possible precaution or she gets no help. If it still happens after using all her options,  I'll continue to be (to quote the flight attendant last time this happened) "the most wonderful husband " I think I did a marathon ditching full vomit bags and getting replacements on a flight back from Hawaii.

I treat low cost carriers like a flying bus, no expectations other than to get me there.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Flying is easy it’s everything that goes with it that makes it tedious. A 2 hour flight is an 8 hour day.
We’re not leaving for 9 weeks and SWMBO is a nervous wreck already. Her anxiety level gets off the charts.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I used to love flying... Then I had a mishap and feel 14 ft off of a ladder and the jostling my head too as it hit the ground have me a great of flying. Since then, I've taken probably 30 flights, and while the fear hasn't left me, I get better so of the time. I still have to have a window seat and I need to be able to use the flight tracker... But I can actually use the bathroom when I need to and not sweat through my clothes and be constantly be wiping my hands off.

I like the takeoff, even though it's more of an adrenaline rush. Landing is fine. During the flight I'm always waiting for that big bump. It's probably not good for my heart!

When my wife and I were flying in from Mexico, we had to land in Houston for our connecting flight home. The last 45 minutes of the flight we were all bucked in. We could see a heck of a black wall of storms building and or plane was going to try to make it to the runway first...
Well we were being jostled all over the place. Flight attendants were in thier seats. A few glasses and other things fell in the plane. That plane was being man handled by the wind. It was the craziest ride I had ever been on... And when we landed, almost sideways (I thought we were just gonna go right back up into the air and be diverted), the heavens let down on us and were stuck on that runway for almost 30 minutes as it just downpoured and lightninged. Couldn't see much out the window and the storm was intense... But we were alive... And made out through customs just in time to sprint to our connecting flight as they were closing the door. Thankfully, they gave us some water and some lovely seats... By the bathroom at the back of the plane.

I hate that my wife falls asleep before the plane takes off and send to wake up with about 30 minutes left so she can pee and be ready to land.
While I sweat, worry and watch TV... And sometimes read, if it's a smooth flight.

Flying is a hassle, but super convenient overall.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink: