revkev

I hate to fly

Just booked a trip to CT end of September
Airlines are PIA

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I personally don't mind flying at all, but I really don't like flying with my wife. She has a long history of motion sickness, and not managing it very well.

After several bouts of multiple vomiting (several hours worth) I've put her on notice. Either she takes every possible precaution or she gets no help. If it still happens after using all her options,  I'll continue to be (to quote the flight attendant last time this happened) "the most wonderful husband " I think I did a marathon ditching full vomit bags and getting replacements on a flight back from Hawaii.

I treat low cost carriers like a flying bus, no expectations other than to get me there.

• Like 2

Flying is easy it’s everything that goes with it that makes it tedious. A 2 hour flight is an 8 hour day.
We’re not leaving for 9 weeks and SWMBO is a nervous wreck already. Her anxiety level gets off the charts.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I used to love flying... Then I had a mishap and feel 14 ft off of a ladder and the jostling my head too as it hit the ground have me a great of flying. Since then, I've taken probably 30 flights, and while the fear hasn't left me, I get better so of the time. I still have to have a window seat and I need to be able to use the flight tracker... But I can actually use the bathroom when I need to and not sweat through my clothes and be constantly be wiping my hands off.

I like the takeoff, even though it's more of an adrenaline rush. Landing is fine. During the flight I'm always waiting for that big bump. It's probably not good for my heart!

When my wife and I were flying in from Mexico, we had to land in Houston for our connecting flight home. The last 45 minutes of the flight we were all bucked in. We could see a heck of a black wall of storms building and or plane was going to try to make it to the runway first...
Well we were being jostled all over the place. Flight attendants were in thier seats. A few glasses and other things fell in the plane. That plane was being man handled by the wind. It was the craziest ride I had ever been on... And when we landed, almost sideways (I thought we were just gonna go right back up into the air and be diverted), the heavens let down on us and were stuck on that runway for almost 30 minutes as it just downpoured and lightninged. Couldn't see much out the window and the storm was intense... But we were alive... And made out through customs just in time to sprint to our connecting flight as they were closing the door. Thankfully, they gave us some water and some lovely seats... By the bathroom at the back of the plane.

I hate that my wife falls asleep before the plane takes off and send to wake up with about 30 minutes left so she can pee and be ready to land.
While I sweat, worry and watch TV... And sometimes read, if it's a smooth flight.

Flying is a hassle, but super convenient overall.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3