Golfspy_CG2

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Putt Out Golf Practice System

It's been one of the most talked about training aids this year, and has popped up in use by golfers all over the world, including professional tours. But now you'll get to see real everyday golfers like yourself use the full Putt Out system. They'll use it indoors, they'll use it out doors, they'll use the whole system, they'll use parts of the system independently.  You can follow it all in this thread and best of all, you can get direct feedback from them on how it works for them, their likes, dislikes and most importantly see if it has improved their putting.

PuttOUT-Bundle.jpg

Direct access to their links are below.

@Kanoito                           Stage 1                      Stage 2

@HardcoreLooper             Stage 1                       Stage 2

@Peaksy68                        Stage 1                       Stage 2

@tommc23                        Stage 1                        Stage 2

@gaussman1                     Stage 1                        Stage 2                  

• Like 3

20190627_155351.jpg

Intro

First off thanks to MGS for letting me review something again my last one must have been okay and a special thanks to Puttout for the opportunity to test this product. This isn’t my first review and this isn’t my first time with a putting training aid. I use the SKLZ Accelerator Pro to work on simple things like keeping my face square when setting up and just working on my putter stroke. I have made improvements with my putting just by becoming more consistent. I am nowhere near the best golfer in the world but I have darn sure made improvements. My short game is generally pretty good but I always wanted my putting to be better. Golfing with good putters is always one of the times where I realize my putting can improve. Simple games of horse before rounds with friends makes me realize how many strokes I leave out there each time I golf. The question for me is do I use the right putter and I have always wondered that so I am going to use this training aid to help me figure out which of the two putters I use better. I am going to put the Evnroll 1 I have against my Ping Scottsdale TR. I want to do my best to lower my putts per round along with make sure that I have the best putting stroke possible.

How I golf

I am a higher handicap who is a good iron player and good with wedges. If I could play all rounds with just those clubs I would be a much better than 25 HCP.
My putting can be hot or cold with it trending more toward the cold side, this is why I tried the Evnroll. The ER1 is a great putter but the person using it is what matters, and I do not do the club justice. I tend to get frustrated with putting even though I’m a good lag putter. When I get frustrated when I start to use a bellied wedge and I start to focus on a simple stroke which makes me better. I can generally out putt myself with a bellied wedge compared to my putter.
I think I could benefit from actually being fit for a putter but I was not fit for either. I started with the Scottsdale and after joining here I started to wonder if the ER1 would make me better. I got one and had to tinker with it which landed me to a P2 grip, honestly my least favorite part of the club.
I use Golf Pad to track my scores and it gives me break downs of my putts after a round. This is also what I use to keep a rough HCP. It says my putting strokes gained is a -0.33 and that I averaged 39.7 putts last year. The average putts per hole is 2.2 which isn’t horrible, but there is definitely room for improvements.

About me

I am a firefighter paramedic in a small but very busy city. This consumes most of the week as I work 4 days and 4 days off. When I am off I train dogs or work on a farm, where the dogs are trained. I like to get one round of golf in a week but I also want to get as much time with my dogs as I can. I am currently house hunting which also takes up a decent amount of time, but the upside is that I can take this to work and practice in my down time, how ever short that is. I have been a higher cap golfer since I started in 2014 and I have not made the improvements that friends of mine have but I have continued to downtrend my scores every year. Last year I finally broke 100 and nearly broke 90 when reviewing the Hogan equalizers. Getting selected for a review is great for my golf game because it makes me feel like I need to focus on golf more than when I am not doing so.
    I am the kind of golfer that likes to take risks on the course with iron shots. I am not one to use a driver, mainly because I cannot keep it straight. I am deadly with my wedges from 90 yard on in, but the risky moves I take with my irons tends to put me in some bad spots. This tends to put a lot of focus on my wedges and when I get a bad lie, which happens with all the rain we have been getting in NEPA, I get left with a lag putt and I miss the short putts. The short putts are probably from a lack of concentration or me just expecting to make it after a good lag, but that causes me to 3 putt a lot. Some local course have some interesting greens which also puts pressure on the putter and when I feel the pressure I tend to miss the short ones.
    The best part of the game here in NEPA is the views. I enjoy my time to myself, mainly a solo golfer, and I enjoy my time outside. The course around me go up and down mountains and we have lots of holes across ravines, which make for hard shots but great views. The next best part of golf is the time I spend with some of my closest friends when we get the chance to get a round in together.

About the product

20190627_155243.jpgThis is what you all came her for the Puttout training. The cool part was the box game from MGS headquarters and that confused the heck out of me, but we got these cool notes.20190627_155357.jpg

20190711_210129.jpg
I have some side by side pictures of the putt out and the SKLZ.20190711_210020.jpg

The putter I’ll be using.20190711_210548.jpg

20190711_210253.jpg20190711_210229.jpgThe balls used to test this.20190711_212819.jpg

20190711_212917_1.gif

And the dog used to keep things interesting and try to keep my scores high. She always enjoys chasing golf balls as seen in the Equalizer review. Even though she is a year older she hasn’t changed heck she may even chase them more now. I am hoping that this will help me figure out which of the two putters is best for me, I’m trying to buy a house I’m not @Jmikecpa here. The end goal is to get my strokes gained at least trending closer to the positive and get those putts were hole under 2. I mean if we all could accomplish that we would all be happy. Will I be able to practice at home with my wirehair not interfering? Will I drop my HCP by improving my putting? Will I actually learn to enjoy putting??? These are some things I am hoping this review will help me figure out. Below are the drills and some tools that will be used to help me through this test.

20190711_205955.jpg

20190711_205927.jpg

20190711_205839.jpg

20190711_205833.jpg

• Like 7

Looking forward to this, especially everyone's' thoughts on the mat since I already have the mirror!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Looking forward to this, especially everyone's' thoughts on the mat since I already have the mirror!

I like the distance markings as a guide and it definitely beats my IKEA rug 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm really curious about the speed of the mat and how it translates to grass. Every single putting mat I've ever had was lightning fast then I'm leaving everything short on the course. 

Also curious about the friction. Past mats were carpet-like so my putter smoothly slid back and forward on them even if pressed down. As we all know, grass is not slick like that so I'd run into issues where I've engrained a stroke that wants me to drag the putter along the ground only to be met by the harsh reality of a "chunked putt".  

Comments on either of these areas would be appreciated. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

I'm really curious about the speed of the mat and how it translates to grass. Every single putting mat I've ever had was lightning fast then I'm leaving everything short on the course. 

Also curious about the friction. Past mats were carpet-like so my putter smoothly slid back and forward on them even if pressed down. As we all know, grass is not slick like that so I'd run into issues where I've engrained a stroke that wants me to drag the putter along the ground only to be met by the harsh reality of a "chunked putt".  

Have you tried the VariSpeed mat?  You're able to make it fast or slower by brushing it.  It's really been a great addition!  I bought that mat when I bought my PuttOUT trainer earlier this year.  

As promised in the testing application, I'm not one of the official reviews, but I'll do some of the challenges along with you guys.  I just purchased my PuttOUT trainer at the beginning of the season.  I really love it so far!  

My question to all the testers is do you guys ever see a time when you don't putt with the micro-target out?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kanoito said:

I like the distance markings as a guide and it definitely beats my IKEA rug 😄

I tested the mat against the carpet in the Courtyard Marriott I stayed in last night.  It's not quite as fast, but it's much less grainy.  The ball rolls much truer.  I visit an out-of-state client every Tuesday morning.  I'll be bringing this with me to practice in the hotel room.

3 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

From what I've read, the mat rolls at about a 10 on the Stimpmeter.  Knock on wood, I haven't chunked a putt on it yet, but I'll be sure to report back if I do.  If I had to guess, I'd say that like a driving range mat, it's a little more forgiving than real grass.

1 hour ago, goaliewales14 said:

As promised in the testing application, I'm not one of the official reviews, but I'll do some of the challenges along with you guys.  I just purchased my PuttOUT trainer at the beginning of the season.  I really love it so far!  

My question to all the testers is do you guys ever see a time when you don't putt with the micro-target out?

I popped the micro-target out as soon as I got it, and I have yet to put it back in.  You can fold it with the micro-target out, so why bother putting it back in?  It's such a feeling of accomplishment when you actually make one; you can't deny yourself that.

anchorman-jump-in-air.gif

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

I’d like to thank MyGolfSpy for bringing me back as a tester, and I'd also like to thank the good folks at PuttOUT Golf for providing us with the gear.  As you can see, they're a good group, even if they did mix up our names... 

Give me back my note! 😄

• Like 4
  • Haha 1