TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Putt Out Golf Practice System

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2019 at 2:38 PM, JohnSmalls said:

It is very interesting to see that everyone with the grey putting mat is having the same issue.  I wonder if the green mat is doing the same?

I'd also be curious if it's more of an issue with the grey mat than the others, especially seeing the pics Cam sent were of the green mats. Anyone have any insight?

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

38 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

I have a green one and it has a groove. Hit a double breaker within the groove yesterday. 

Bummer.  Thanks for the update, though.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

• 1 month later...

Took my PuttOut to the church yesterday afternoon. I wanted to see if I could make a really long perfect putt.

I had three sleeves of balls with me, and @Kirke. We began by alternating shots, and he went first, so I took 4 attempts. Then he did all nine, and I started a set of all nine. On the eighth ball, this happened:

I think my reaction is as much surprise as anything else; I went into this expecting that I probably wouldn't get a perfect on video, just because it's so challenging.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

22 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Took my PuttOut to the church yesterday afternoon. I wanted to see if I could make a really long perfect putt.

I had three sleeves of balls with me, and @Kirke. We began by alternating shots, and he went first, so I took 4 attempts. Then he did all nine, and I started a set of all nine. On the eighth ball, this happened:

I think my reaction is as much surprise as anything else; I went into this expecting that I probably wouldn't get a perfect on video, just because it's so challenging.

That's a great video and both of your reactions were priceless. That carpet looked fast and it didn't look like the ball was going to make it. Was that the Cleveland putter with the homemade shaft?

On 12/8/2019 at 9:23 AM, sirchunksalot said:

That's a great video and both of your reactions were priceless. That carpet looked fast and it didn't look like the ball was going to make it. Was that the Cleveland putter with the homemade shaft?

This one was with the Odyssey EXO Indianapolis with the homemade shaft. I like the Cleveland a lot, even more with the shaft change, but the EXO beat all comers in my putter challenge and is my go-to stick for the near future.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

• 3 weeks later...

Got the PuttOut and practice mat for Christmas! I'll check back later when I wear the groove into the mat. Spent about 45 minutes practicing that afternoon and only missed the cup once. First time through I averaged 4-5 putts from each distance before making a perfect putt. (You guys didn't say the perfect putt was much harder from the longer ranges 😜)

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

Hey testers,  I currently use my putt out on just the carpet (not really good) or on my old skilz putter matt (I just set it up before the ramp to the hole on that).  Since you all seemed to run into some issued with the put out mat, is there anything you guys have tried to recommend as a better solution?

Thanks! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Yeah! .. amongst many fun presents I got a Putt Out and a Putt Out mirror from my honey (already have a basic putting mat) .. looking forward to many hours of grooving my putting stroke!

Thanks testers for all the useful feedback, including about their mat.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Started practicing with the Putt Out and mirror; set it up for a 3 footer (ball to center of cup). First thing I noticed was my eyes were a bit over/outside the line, so I was standing a bit too close.

Second thing - and am curious as to others' perceptions on this - is for the ball to stick in the micro hole I have to hit the ball a lot easier/softer than I normally would at this distance.

Or put another way: for a given distance the Putt Out seems to be calibrated to a faster green speed than i normally play on (normally play at muni courses).

Anyone else "feel" a similar result?

Regardless, i can see it's going to be really helpful in continuing to groove my putting stroke!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

• STUDque unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...

Thanks for the review.  I ordered the PuttOut system last week and let you know how it performs.

:titelist-small: Linksmaster bag  

:titelist-small:  TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6 stiff

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5° and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff 

:titelist-small:  T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY stiff

:titelist-small:  2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron   2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

This is one of the best golf tools I have ever purchased. Got the puttout as soon as it was available in the US when it first came out. Has definetly helped me with the short game. Then adding the mat just makes it that much better. Really like the foot markings and line up markings. One of the best products ever. Really looking forward to getting the putting mirror and gates. Got one for my dad for christmas as well. He definitley needed help with his putting. Haha

What's In My Bag...

Driver:  Looking for a new one.....

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small:  Great Big Bertha Fairway 2015, 14°, Aldila Rouge Silver 60 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Epic 18° Hybrid

Irons:  :callaway-small: 2015 XR Pro: 5-PW, KBS Tour-v90, Golfpride MCC Plus 4 Grips

Wedges:  :callaway-small:  MD3 Wedge in 50°(GW), 54°(SW), and 58°(LW), True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: Odyssey Works #1 Versa with a Superstroke mid-slim 2.0 counter weight grip

Ball:  :callaway-small: Chrome Soft or :bridgestone-small:

Shoes: Puma Disc Ignite & Skechers Elite

Bag: 2016  :callaway-small: Hyperlite 5

On 12/29/2019 at 10:14 PM, cksurfdude said:

Started practicing with the Putt Out and mirror; set it up for a 3 footer (ball to center of cup). First thing I noticed was my eyes were a bit over/outside the line, so I was standing a bit too close.

Second thing - and am curious as to others' perceptions on this - is for the ball to stick in the micro hole I have to hit the ball a lot easier/softer than I normally would at this distance.

Or put another way: for a given distance the Putt Out seems to be calibrated to a faster green speed than i normally play on (normally play at muni courses).

Anyone else "feel" a similar result?

Regardless, i can see it's going to be really helpful in continuing to groove my putting stroke!

LOL, I know this reply is months late... but I just saw the thread after someone revived it.

Yes, in order to hit the micro target, I definitely have to shorten my putting stroke. Even with my normal stroke, having the ball come back 1ft is still OK for me.

But what I do (or did before the shutdown) was to just take the cup and use it on real practice greens. It then felt much closer to the speeds I'm used to.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

1 hour ago, Kanoito said:

LOL, I know this reply is months late... but I just saw the thread after someone revived it.

Yes, in order to hit the micro target, I definitely have to shorten my putting stroke. Even with my normal stroke, having the ball come back 1ft is still OK for me.

But what I do (or did before the shutdown) was to just take the cup and use it on real practice greens. It then felt much closer to the speeds I'm used to.

Ok good, thx for that. I'd also .. intended .. to take it to a practice green but have not gotten the chance yet; definitely will in the future to test my speed calibration!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2020 at 11:22 AM, cksurfdude said:

Ok good, thx for that. I'd also .. intended .. to take it to a practice green but have not gotten the chance yet; definitely will in the future to test my speed calibration!

Just had my Pressure Trainer show up today and set it up on my mat in the basement. I am feeling the same pain. The quick speed on the mat makes the ball roll back almost to me on a 4ft putt.

The courses around here are open for play only, no practicing. I'll be curious as things settle down and open up more to use the trainer on the practice green to help with pace.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

• 4 weeks later...

I picked one up last week and 100 putts in and i have only one perfect putt. Kinda telling about my game to be fair.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

10 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

I picked one up last week and 100 putts in and i have only one perfect putt. Kinda telling about my game to be fair.

Not necessarily .. hitting it "perfect", from any distance, is definitely difficult. That's why it's a great trainer!

And, hey, it's possible a high percentage of those 100 putts would've dropped 🙂

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hey MGS! I just picked up a mat and disc and love it so far. However, I do have one question/comment/though and I apologize if this has been answered...

I was using the SKLZ putting mat before and got rid of it because I realized on the course everything was going LONG and I think that is because I am used to hammering it up the ramp when I am practicing. I loved the idea that how far the balls rolls back with the puttout is how far it would have gone by the hole if I missed. However, this is where my concern comes in. Is that actually accurate? I doubt it because if I just barely tap the ball from 3 feet, it comes back like 2 feet and I just have a hard time believing. 

Am I overthinking this? 

9 minutes ago, phatcatkev said:

Hey MGS! I just picked up a mat and disc and love it so far. However, I do have one question/comment/though and I apologize if this has been answered...

I was using the SKLZ putting mat before and got rid of it because I realized on the course everything was going LONG and I think that is because I am used to hammering it up the ramp when I am practicing. I loved the idea that how far the balls rolls back with the puttout is how far it would have gone by the hole if I missed. However, this is where my concern comes in. Is that actually accurate? I doubt it because if I just barely tap the ball from 3 feet, it comes back like 2 feet and I just have a hard time believing. 

Am I overthinking this? 

If you use the disc on a real green then it's more realistic. The gate, mirror and target are good aids, but the mat screwed with my tempo big time. I think I described it in my review.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Alright back again with another question! I thought I was putting lights out but realized I have the groove after a solid 12 hours of owning a mat! 

I saw PuttOut's response, but it didn't help. Has anyone had success getting rid of the groove? 

If not, time to return it. Bummer. 

45 minutes ago, phatcatkev said:

Alright back again with another question! I thought I was putting lights out but realized I have the groove after a solid 12 hours of owning a mat! 

I saw PuttOut's response, but it didn't help. Has anyone had success getting rid of the groove? 

If not, time to return it. Bummer. 

No none of us got rid of it that I can remember 

Just returned mine because of the groove. Do they all get the groove or is it just some of the mats? The amazon reviews are through the roof and I can't image they would be if everyone got the groove...
I just cant find another mat as compact as that one so I am bummed! 

I see a lot of comments across golf forums about the groove.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

The best way to fix the groove is to put a steel ruler on top of the mat and putt on that instead, using the lines for alignment and the putt out hole to return the ball to you. 😜

Edited by BMart519
spelling mistake

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0