Jump to content
Golfspy_CG2

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Putt Out Golf Practice System

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

Started practicing with the Putt Out and mirror; set it up for a 3 footer (ball to center of cup). First thing I noticed was my eyes were a bit over/outside the line, so I was standing a bit too close.

Second thing - and am curious as to others' perceptions on this - is for the ball to stick in the micro hole I have to hit the ball a lot easier/softer than I normally would at this distance.

Or put another way: for a given distance the Putt Out seems to be calibrated to a faster green speed than i normally play on (normally play at muni courses).

Anyone else "feel" a similar result?

Regardless, i can see it's going to be really helpful in continuing to groove my putting stroke!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the review.  I ordered the PuttOut system last week and let you know how it performs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is one of the best golf tools I have ever purchased. Got the puttout as soon as it was available in the US when it first came out. Has definetly helped me with the short game. Then adding the mat just makes it that much better. Really like the foot markings and line up markings. One of the best products ever. Really looking forward to getting the putting mirror and gates. Got one for my dad for christmas as well. He definitley needed help with his putting. Haha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2019 at 10:14 PM, cksurfdude said:

Started practicing with the Putt Out and mirror; set it up for a 3 footer (ball to center of cup). First thing I noticed was my eyes were a bit over/outside the line, so I was standing a bit too close.

Second thing - and am curious as to others' perceptions on this - is for the ball to stick in the micro hole I have to hit the ball a lot easier/softer than I normally would at this distance.

Or put another way: for a given distance the Putt Out seems to be calibrated to a faster green speed than i normally play on (normally play at muni courses).

Anyone else "feel" a similar result?

Regardless, i can see it's going to be really helpful in continuing to groove my putting stroke!

 

LOL, I know this reply is months late... but I just saw the thread after someone revived it.

Yes, in order to hit the micro target, I definitely have to shorten my putting stroke. Even with my normal stroke, having the ball come back 1ft is still OK for me.

But what I do (or did before the shutdown) was to just take the cup and use it on real practice greens. It then felt much closer to the speeds I'm used to.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kanoito said:

LOL, I know this reply is months late... but I just saw the thread after someone revived it.

Yes, in order to hit the micro target, I definitely have to shorten my putting stroke. Even with my normal stroke, having the ball come back 1ft is still OK for me.

But what I do (or did before the shutdown) was to just take the cup and use it on real practice greens. It then felt much closer to the speeds I'm used to.

Ok good, thx for that. I'd also .. intended .. to take it to a practice green but have not gotten the chance yet; definitely will in the future to test my speed calibration!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2020 at 11:22 AM, cksurfdude said:

Ok good, thx for that. I'd also .. intended .. to take it to a practice green but have not gotten the chance yet; definitely will in the future to test my speed calibration!

Just had my Pressure Trainer show up today and set it up on my mat in the basement. I am feeling the same pain. The quick speed on the mat makes the ball roll back almost to me on a 4ft putt.

The courses around here are open for play only, no practicing. I'll be curious as things settle down and open up more to use the trainer on the practice green to help with pace.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...