Jump to content

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Putt Out Golf Practice System


Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stage One – Introducing the PuttOUT trainer 7/9/2019   About me Welcome back, ladies and gentlemen, for another MGS Official Review with yours truly. As always, a big shout-out to MG

Well good afternoon to everyone from here in sunny London, My name is Cam, and I'm part of the PuttOUT team and wanted to see if I could jump into the conversation and directly answer any queries

Thanks MyGolfSpy and putout for the opportunity to review the PuttOut system ABOUT ME   This is a bit of a rehash from previous reviews, see my review off Ping G700 irons here https://f

Posted Images

Started practicing with the Putt Out and mirror; set it up for a 3 footer (ball to center of cup). First thing I noticed was my eyes were a bit over/outside the line, so I was standing a bit too close.

Second thing - and am curious as to others' perceptions on this - is for the ball to stick in the micro hole I have to hit the ball a lot easier/softer than I normally would at this distance.

Or put another way: for a given distance the Putt Out seems to be calibrated to a faster green speed than i normally play on (normally play at muni courses).

Anyone else "feel" a similar result?

Regardless, i can see it's going to be really helpful in continuing to groove my putting stroke!

 

  • Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • STUDque unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...

Thanks for the review.  I ordered the PuttOut system last week and let you know how it performs.

  • Like 2

In my  :cameron-small: or MacKenzie golf baggolf bag:

:titelist-small: TSi2 11° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6 stiff Tour 360 grip A3 setting

:titelist-small:   915F 18°, 21° Diamana Blue 60 stiff Tour 360 grip -1.00" C4 setting

:titelist-small:  915H 24°,27° Diamana Blue 70 stiff Tour 360 grip -0.50" B1 setting

:titelist-small:  714 AP1 5-PW, GW2 (52°) Nippon NS 850 stiff Titleist TV grip -0.50" 1° weak

:vokey-small:  SM8 58.08M Nippon NS 850 stiff GP BV Wings TV grip stiff -0.50" 1° weak

Scotty Cameron   2020 Special Select Newport 34"

:titelist-small:  ProV1

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart

 SkyCaddiesx400

Nike Golf Air Jordan ADG white

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is one of the best golf tools I have ever purchased. Got the puttout as soon as it was available in the US when it first came out. Has definetly helped me with the short game. Then adding the mat just makes it that much better. Really like the foot markings and line up markings. One of the best products ever. Really looking forward to getting the putting mirror and gates. Got one for my dad for christmas as well. He definitley needed help with his putting. Haha

  • Like 1

What's In My Bag...

Driver:  Looking for a new one.....

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small:  Great Big Bertha Fairway 2015, 14°, Aldila Rouge Silver 60 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Epic 18° Hybrid

Irons:  :callaway-small: 2015 XR Pro: 5-PW, KBS Tour-v90, Golfpride MCC Plus 4 Grips

Wedges:  :callaway-small:  MD3 Wedge in 50°(GW), 54°(SW), and 58°(LW), True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: Odyssey Works #1 Versa with a Superstroke mid-slim 2.0 counter weight grip

Ball:  :callaway-small: Chrome Soft or :bridgestone-small:

Shoes: Puma Disc Ignite & Skechers Elite

Bag: 2016  :callaway-small: Hyperlite 5

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2019 at 10:14 PM, cksurfdude said:

Started practicing with the Putt Out and mirror; set it up for a 3 footer (ball to center of cup). First thing I noticed was my eyes were a bit over/outside the line, so I was standing a bit too close.

Second thing - and am curious as to others' perceptions on this - is for the ball to stick in the micro hole I have to hit the ball a lot easier/softer than I normally would at this distance.

Or put another way: for a given distance the Putt Out seems to be calibrated to a faster green speed than i normally play on (normally play at muni courses).

Anyone else "feel" a similar result?

Regardless, i can see it's going to be really helpful in continuing to groove my putting stroke!

 

LOL, I know this reply is months late... but I just saw the thread after someone revived it.

Yes, in order to hit the micro target, I definitely have to shorten my putting stroke. Even with my normal stroke, having the ball come back 1ft is still OK for me.

But what I do (or did before the shutdown) was to just take the cup and use it on real practice greens. It then felt much closer to the speeds I'm used to.

  • Like 2

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kanoito said:

LOL, I know this reply is months late... but I just saw the thread after someone revived it.

Yes, in order to hit the micro target, I definitely have to shorten my putting stroke. Even with my normal stroke, having the ball come back 1ft is still OK for me.

But what I do (or did before the shutdown) was to just take the cup and use it on real practice greens. It then felt much closer to the speeds I'm used to.

Ok good, thx for that. I'd also .. intended .. to take it to a practice green but have not gotten the chance yet; definitely will in the future to test my speed calibration!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2020 at 11:22 AM, cksurfdude said:

Ok good, thx for that. I'd also .. intended .. to take it to a practice green but have not gotten the chance yet; definitely will in the future to test my speed calibration!

Just had my Pressure Trainer show up today and set it up on my mat in the basement. I am feeling the same pain. The quick speed on the mat makes the ball roll back almost to me on a 4ft putt.

The courses around here are open for play only, no practicing. I'll be curious as things settle down and open up more to use the trainer on the practice green to help with pace.

  • Like 1

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH - Aldila Synergy Blue 50 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        :taylormade-small: TP5x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I picked one up last week and 100 putts in and i have only one perfect putt. Kinda telling about my game to be fair.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 1

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

I picked one up last week and 100 putts in and i have only one perfect putt. Kinda telling about my game to be fair.

Not necessarily .. hitting it "perfect", from any distance, is definitely difficult. That's why it's a great trainer!

And, hey, it's possible a high percentage of those 100 putts would've dropped 🙂

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

Hey MGS! I just picked up a mat and disc and love it so far. However, I do have one question/comment/though and I apologize if this has been answered...

I was using the SKLZ putting mat before and got rid of it because I realized on the course everything was going LONG and I think that is because I am used to hammering it up the ramp when I am practicing. I loved the idea that how far the balls rolls back with the puttout is how far it would have gone by the hole if I missed. However, this is where my concern comes in. Is that actually accurate? I doubt it because if I just barely tap the ball from 3 feet, it comes back like 2 feet and I just have a hard time believing. 

Am I overthinking this? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, phatcatkev said:

Hey MGS! I just picked up a mat and disc and love it so far. However, I do have one question/comment/though and I apologize if this has been answered...

I was using the SKLZ putting mat before and got rid of it because I realized on the course everything was going LONG and I think that is because I am used to hammering it up the ramp when I am practicing. I loved the idea that how far the balls rolls back with the puttout is how far it would have gone by the hole if I missed. However, this is where my concern comes in. Is that actually accurate? I doubt it because if I just barely tap the ball from 3 feet, it comes back like 2 feet and I just have a hard time believing. 

Am I overthinking this? 

If you use the disc on a real green then it's more realistic. The gate, mirror and target are good aids, but the mat screwed with my tempo big time. I think I described it in my review.

  • Like 2

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright back again with another question! I thought I was putting lights out but realized I have the groove after a solid 12 hours of owning a mat! 

I saw PuttOut's response, but it didn't help. Has anyone had success getting rid of the groove? 

If not, time to return it. Bummer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, phatcatkev said:

Alright back again with another question! I thought I was putting lights out but realized I have the groove after a solid 12 hours of owning a mat! 

I saw PuttOut's response, but it didn't help. Has anyone had success getting rid of the groove? 

If not, time to return it. Bummer. 

No none of us got rid of it that I can remember 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just returned mine because of the groove. Do they all get the groove or is it just some of the mats? The amazon reviews are through the roof and I can't image they would be if everyone got the groove...

I just cant find another mat as compact as that one so I am bummed! 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just returned mine because of the groove. Do they all get the groove or is it just some of the mats? The amazon reviews are through the roof and I can't image they would be if everyone got the groove...
I just cant find another mat as compact as that one so I am bummed! 

I see a lot of comments across golf forums about the groove.
  • Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The best way to fix the groove is to put a steel ruler on top of the mat and putt on that instead, using the lines for alignment and the putt out hole to return the ball to you. 😜

Edited by BMart519
spelling mistake
  • Haha 2

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H/5H

:ping-small: G410 4-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:EVNROLL: ER2.2

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...