bens197

If you could go back in time and buy your favorite set brand new...

4 hours ago, juspoole said:

Still a good amount for sale on the Bay if interested.

Yep, I check a few times a month.  I'm a lefty and the few that I've seen were so beat up that I'd be afraid to hit them because they would fall apart...lol

MDGolfHacker

So, I'm putting a whole bag together, sorry Steve.

Driver: MacGregor NVG, no doubt. Demoed this driver for a week when that was possible through golf galaxy, loud and long. Love it

FW: 3 and 5 woods the Adams Ovation line of Fairway woods. A better Tight Lies, I still have the three wood in my basement in case I ever have a hankering to switch up my FW set up

3 Hybrid: Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti. 21* and that True Temper Crossfire shaft, I loved hitting that club at Dick's and our indoor range so much.

4-P: Cleveland CG2, going a bit off the board here but those things were buttery soft with that CMM metal. Just thick enough to have given me confidence in my ball striking days

Wedges: Titleist Vokey. Oil can finish, rust coming in... yes please

Putter: Ping Doc 17. A weird choice but honestly one of my favorite putters of all time

• Like 1

Here’s my two. I know I already said Grads but I forgot to mention Ram FX Tour Grinds.

IMG_7409.JPGIMG_7410.JPG

• Like 2

Favorite set I've owned and wish I could buy brand new? Titliest 735 CM irons, Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can wedges, Titleist 905R driver, and I'd keep my 906 F2 fairway - just add a 5-wood to go with it. Putter would likely be a Tel3 although I've never owned one - I've just always admired them. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bens197 said:

I still think pound for pound, the first R7 Quad TP with a Mitsubishi Rayon TP-70 LT shaft was the best driver Taylor Made put to market.

This was a great driver, I had it with FUJI 757, probably the club that has had longest tenure in my bag. When it launched I was working in the golf business and was on staff with TM. I got invited down to Carlsbad and was able to get fit at their facility. We were one of first people to hit on their range. They fit the driver first took our specs and went to building. We finished with remainder of fitting and got a tour of facility. As we walked out they handed us our drivers and we drove to play Torrey Pines South. Pretty good day!

• Like 1

Here’s my two. I know I already said Grads but I forgot to mention Ram FX Tour Grinds.

IMG_7409.JPG.f38e5a08db6e8823b464dbdb408ba54b.JPGIMG_7410.JPG.9eb1277e55ed6b6327f7ed3a0ff8ca5c.JPG

Ram Tour Grinds are awesome sticks. I really liked the Ram Pro Set which was a combo set. There is a NOS on eBay for $250 bucks but it’s got the regular flex shaft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

This was a great driver, I had it with FUJI 757, probably the club that has had longest tenure in my bag. When it launched I was working in the golf business and was on staff with TM. I got invited down to Carlsbad and was able to get fit at their facility. We were one of first people to hit on their range. They fit the driver first took our specs and went to building. We finished with remainder of fitting and got a tour of facility. As we walked out they handed us our drivers and we drove to play Torrey Pines South. Pretty good day!

That’s awesome. This was about the same time they launched tmagconnection and let’s just say it was tempting...
  • Like 1

Spalding Tour Edition.20190711_221519.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Mizuno MP 14 - BEST irons I have ever owned - man they were awesome.

Founders Club 200 Series - just another set of incredible blades - true butter knives but man they were great. Miss those too.

Would still play either of those.

Beryllium Copper Ping Eye 2 (not the plus) L wedge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Driver: Tough one.  Its obvious that today's drivers are far superior to older equipment. That being said, I would still buy and play the Taylor Made 360ti.  I hit the crap out of this thing in the early 2000's. 
Fw: Easy one here. OG Tour Edge Exotics 3wd.  Hands down the goat.
Utility: Adams Idea Pro 2 & 3 Irons
Irons: Mizzy MP14's.  I have had 4 sets of these though the years. I miss them.
Wedges: Cleveland 588
Putter: still looking for a good one... 

I loved those idea pro hybrids - but I was thinking back pre hybrid days. I could game them now with a weaker shaft NP.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy