TESTERS WANTED! ×

Biggest scams online

Big money

I recently got scammed signing up for a fake golf coupon website.They used my paypal for signing on as a member with my consent.I called some courses on the list and none honor or even heard of the online organization selling the coupons.Luckily I contacted PayPal and they said their resolving and looking into it.

lets hear any of your so called scams you ran into.Where you spent funds but just didn’t receive the product you thought it would be.No need for listing the websites name.A description and short description will be fine 

Keep it in the short stuff

I just started taking golf seriously the last 4 seasons.Ive ran into many an online golf scam without prior knowledge of what I was buying.Im hoping I’m at least better now in deciphering all the BS out there

First :signed up for a generic Golf Digest tip website.That basically was a clip and paste from online magazines or articles of other various websites.

Second: Bought some arm gizmo called the Greg Norman secret.Some hodge podge training aid that caused me more pain and discomfort than fixing my swing

Lastly: signed up for the membership on the Hackers Website.Will leave it at that 

Edited by Big money

Keep it in the short stuff

Years ago when I first started getting into playing seriously, I made the mistake of signing up for a "free" club from Warrior Custom Golf....Yikes!!   Yep, I was one of their early bird victims and have been spreading the gospel to not walk away from anything that say Warrior Custom Golf....but to run as fast as you can...ha

More recently, I got suckered into a series of online videos from Scratch Academy Golf for something like $14.95.   It was run by Adam Bazelgette a PGA member, so i figured what could it hurt to pick up some informative video's for the price of a lunch.    Well it was a true bait and switch type offer in my mind.   Once you log onto the site, then he wanted to sell you even more detailed info and videos for $29.99, then a subscription service for $49.99 or something like that.    

Well fool me once, shame on you, but you're not going to get me twice.  Now I will say the processed the Money Back Guarantee offer very promptly.   But along with it, came an offer to extend a trial membership for XX number of days at no cost before I would get billed the $29.99... um no thanks.

I mentioned in my return email, I thought it was a pretty shady way for a PGA Member to operate.  But got no reply.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Does Tathata golf come into this category? or should it be in the snake oil department?

Havent heard anything about it after it 'revolutionised' golf coaching over a year ago.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

14 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Does Tathata golf come into this category? or should it be in the snake oil department?

Havent heard anything about it after it 'revolutionised' golf coaching over a year ago.

LOL...Good one.  I think I still see the occasional infomercial about them. 

10 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

More recently, I got suckered into a series of online videos from Scratch Academy Golf for something like $14.95.   It was run by Adam Bazelgette a PGA member, so i figured what could it hurt to pick up some informative video's for the price of a lunch.    Well it was a true bait and switch type offer in my mind.   Once you log onto the site, then he wanted to sell you even more detailed info and videos for $29.99, then a subscription service for $49.99 or something like that.    

Well fool me once, shame on you, but you're not going to get me twice.  Now I will say the processed the Money Back Guarantee offer very promptly.   But along with it, came an offer to extend a trial membership for XX number of days at no cost before I would get billed the $29.99... um no thanks.

I mentioned in my return email, I thought it was a pretty shady way for a PGA Member to operate.  But got no reply.

That's disappointing. I subscribe to his YouTube channel as his tips seem pretty straightforward and no-nonsense (and they're also delivered simply and quickly, something that's starting to fade away it seems). I've never visited his website and now I know for sure I never will. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

27 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

That's disappointing. I subscribe to his YouTube channel as his tips seem pretty straightforward and no-nonsense (and they're also delivered simply and quickly, something that's starting to fade away it seems). I've never visited his website and now I know for sure I never will. 

Yeah. I forget how I first saw him.  It might have been a pop up add somewhwre I clicked on.  And yes the content I saw in that first video was very good And I felt it was worth $15 to see more.  But the continual feel you in and sell you more left a very poor taste in my mouth. 

Wondering if George Gankas will be like that as well. He’s had problems with his online stuff and is relaunching. Seems pricey and his vids are dense with material. Very dense for a dufus like me

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy