Golfspy_CG2

Testers ANNOUNCED Cleveland RTX 4 Wedges

Brandon Marusic, Troy, Michigan

Handicap is 8

60 degree- Talormade milled grind

56 degree- Callaway Mack Daddy

52 degree-Cleveland RTX 3

My favorite type of wedge shot is the little close pitches off a tight lie that when picked clean, will one hop and stop on a dime.

Thank you MGS and Cleveland for the opportunity to apply!

Steve-Florida

Hdcp:  5

Titleist Vokey SM6 60 S grind, 54 S grind and 50 F grind

Your favorite type of wedge shot:  3/4 swing 60 yarder

JS / Virginia

15hdcp

Current Wedges are a mix of ZTour PW *50, ZTour SW *54, and Ping Zing 2 LW *58

Love to take my LW and flop it from about 15-20yrds out and have it stop on a dime

Joe - New Jersey

HDCP - 4.7

Current Wedges - Vokey SM7

Favorite Wedge Shot - Low, spinny checker

Really intrigued by the RTX4s when I hit them at a demo day.   Would be a fun test 

Fantastic!

What a cool thing. I love love love Cleveland/Srixon. This brand is doing all the right things

First Name/State: Nic/Oregon

Handicap: 2.8

Current Brand Wedges Played: Cleveland RTX4 Raw. (I have 5 of them)

Your favorite type of wedge shot: The shots that go in the hole.

I will chime in on this thread picked or not.

Thanks Cleveland and MGS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Subscribing to this review!

Good luck everyone!!

Cody - Michigan

HDCP - 13.9

Current Wedges - Maltby M-Series+

Favorite Wedge Shot - I love a piercing one-hop and stop dart. I have managed a few this season, and it's an awesome feeling to hit one.

Another great testing opportunity. Thanks, MGS and Cleveland! 

Good luck fellow spies, I currently play these and they are game changers.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Subscribing to this review!

Good luck everyone!!

I came here to make sure you saw this...this looks right up your alley? Not applying? 

EDIT: Just kidding...just saw the blueprint thread for the first time. Ha

Posted (edited)

George / Oklahoma

4.2 index

Ping Glide 1st gen

Pitch shots around the green are my favorite.  Low with gap or high with lob.

Thanks

Edited by castironrelic

Nate, Michigan

Mack Daddy's

Favorite to hit - assuming I don't thin it across the green - is a slightly open 60* almost flop that plops down and settles quick.

Gotta love Cleveland's wedges, they always look great and seem to always perform great as well!

Steve/Wisconsin

Handicap: 16

Wishon

Sand is my favorite, but love wedge game more than any other shot in golf

Greg, Florida

Hogan Equalizer Wedges - 50, 54, 58

Favorite wedge shot is the perfect 50% distance pitch shot

George- Minnesota
Vokey SM7’s 50-54-58-62
My favorite wedge shot is the
low one hop and stop or the flop. Who am I kidding I love any shot when I have a wedge in my hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff/Texas

13.3 HDCP

Cleveland CG10s, 50*, 54*, & 58*

3/4 controlled flight into the wind that stops immediately or after one hop

Josh / Ohio

8 HDCP

Mix bag currently.  52 WS FG Tour PMP, 56 Cleveland RTX 4, 60 BombTech Grenade

Love the 56 and it would be crazy cool to finish my set with RTX 4s

Depends on turf, but 1/2 to 3/4 wedge approach shots that seek the pin and check quick are up there. 

Thanks for opportunity!!  😎

First Name/State: Archie, South Carolina

Handicap: 18ish

Current Brand Wedges Played: 2 Vokey's, 52* and 60* and a Taylormade 56*

Your favorite type of wedge shot: I'm a growing fan of my full wedge shots, anywhere from 90 yards up to 140 yards.

Good luck to everyone entering! The RTX 4s are seriously good!!! 🏌🏽‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Love 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

Announcements

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    dlow206

• By mr.hicksta
      Vessel Player 2.0 14-Way Stand Bag
       G410 Plus 9º (45") | ACCRA TZ5 65 M4 (70g, tipped 1/2", D2) 
       G410 3W 14.5º (43") | ACCRA TZ5 75 M4 (78g, tipped 1 1/2", D2)
      G410 2H 18º (40.75") | ACCRA TZ5 95H M4 (95g, tipped 1 1/2", D2)
      Epon AF-505 4-PW | Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour130 S (124g, Hard Stepped, 4-9 D3, PW D4)
      RTX 4 50••, 54••, 58•• | Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour130 X (129g, Soft Stepped, D4, D5, D6)
      PXG Bat Attack Gen2 (33") | KBS CT Tour Putter
       Pro V1x

Accessories: Bushnell Pro XE, Golf Pride Tour Velvet/Tour Velvet 360 grips, Ping Tour and Sport Gloves,  Robert Mark Golf and Dormie Workshop headcovers/putter cover, Club Glove pocket towel, Cayce Golf caddy towel and custom Epoch S3 tees.

• By Golfspy_CG2
      TESTERS WANTED (5)
      Clevleand Golf is making us rethink everything we've heard about center of gravity and MOI. Well at least when it comes to it's new line of Frontline putters.  For years we've been preached to that rear center of gravity leads to a higher MOI and both those things are a good for our game.   Hold onto your Super Size Putter grip, the Frontline model lineup features an array of putters that put the Center of Gravity front and center and as a result lowers the MOI. 
      One of the most astounding statements to this fact was made by Cleveland Golf's Marketing Director Brian Schieke,when he told our very own John Barba,  the forward CG technology in Frontline, once you understand it, can help golfers make a 15-foot putt at the same rate as they can make a 10-foot putt.”
      Well we are going to let five members test one of the Frontline Models and report the results int he form of a very extensive review back to our MGS community. 

How to Apply
      This is important, so please follow these instructions carefully:

1. If you haven't already, make sure you're a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member
      2. In this thread (and ONLY in this thread - please don't go back to the blog and apply - it won't do you any good!), tell us the following:

- Your first name
      - State
      - Your current model of putter
      - What would be your choice of the Frontline putters...select from the Cleveland Golf home page found here .....Frontline Putters left handed model available is the Elvado single bend style. 

This review opportunity is open to any golfer who resides in the US.  We'll be announcing the testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      LET'S GET THIS PUTTING PARTY STARTED !!  🎉
      Congrats to the following 5 testers:
      @txgolfjunkie
      @DaveP043
      @ChasingScratch
      @RexS
      @romeopapazulu

Official announcement here - https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/34640-testers-wanted-5-cleveland-golf-frontline-putters/?do=findComment&comment=576883

• By Golfspy_CG2
      CLEVELAND GOLF INTRODUCES FRONTLINE,
      A COMPLETELY NEW WAY TO DESIGN A PUTTER

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. – Sept. 3, 2019 – Cleveland® Golf, where scoring matters, is proud to announce the release of Frontline. With a radical new weighting brings the center of gravity forward, Frontline provides a revolutionary process for engineering a putter. Frontline launches in North America on Sept. 13, 2019.

“We are very excited about Frontline because it is a completely new approach to putter design,” said Jacob Lambeth, Research and Development Engineer at Cleveland Golf. “By pairing an extreme center of gravity with an improved speed optimized face, we’ve designed a putter that uniquely maximizes directional and speed consistency. Combined with slick black cosmetics, great shapes and hosel options for different stroke types, Frontline really is the whole package.”

With Frontline, the challenge was creating a putter that’s powerful enough to counteract miss-hits and provide consistently straighter putts. The foundation of Frontline is Tungsten Forward Weighting, which places two Metal Injection Molded (MIM) tungsten weights in the face of the putter.

For decades, most mallets have weights in the rear of the putter to increase stability on off-center impacts, but this design places the center of gravity in the back of the putter. Frontline does the opposite, bringing the center of gravity forward for more accuracy on the greens.

Frontline features Cleveland’s Speed Optimized Face Technology (SOFT), which normalizes ball speed across the face for consistent distance performance on every putt. Every model in Frontline features an individualized SOFT pattern to help mitigate speed and distance loss, especially on off-center strikes.

Frontline offers three different mallet options that include Cleveland’s 2135 Technology to help with proper alignment when standing over that critical putt. Finally, Frontline offers two different hosel types to help provide a superior fit: single bend and slant neck. The single bend option is ideal for straight stroke types, while the slant neck option fits best for golfers with a slight arc stroke.

Key Innovations Inside Frontline:

·         Forward Weights: With Tungsten Forward Weighting and the center of gravity positioned closer to the face, Frontline provides better stability through impact for straighter, more accurate putts.
      ·         Speed Optimized Face Technology: Cleveland’s proprietary Speed Optimized Face Technology normalizes ball speed across the face, ensuring consistent distance performance on all your putts.
      ·         2135 Technology: Featured on the Elevado, Cero and Iso models, achieve perfect alignment on every putt, regardless of where your eyes are at address.
      ·         Additional Hosel Configurations: Find a superior fit with two different hosel configurations to suit every player’s stroke types.

Frontline comes standard with the Lamkin SINKFit Pistol Frontline grip and is available in 33”, 34”, and 35” length options. The Frontline 4.0 blade MAP is $179.99, while the three different mallet models (Elevado, Cero and Iso) MAP is $199.99. The Frontline Elevado, Cero and Iso feature single bend or slant neck hosel options.
      For more detailed information on Frontline, please visit: clevelandgolf.com.

• By Golfspy_CG2
      In the golf club world, where most companies insist on renaming or launching a new name after one or two iterations of a club, to see a company stick with  a name into the 4th generation....well that must say something about the winning formula they have.   Below is a video from Cleveland Golf on it's RTX4 wedge. 
      Then  we have four members of our forum who are in the process of testing these wedges to see how they perform for their games. See their initial thoughts in the Stage 1 posts below, and follow their on course and on range experiences with them in this thread over the next 4 weeks or so.
      The Four Member Testers are:
      @goaliewales14                              Stage 1                                  Stage 2
      @Apes44                                         Stage 1                                  Stage 2
      @MDGolfHacker                              Stage 1                                  Stage 2
      @Smellis745                                   Stage 1                                 Stage 2  

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!