Jump to content

Testers ANNOUNCED Cleveland RTX 4 Wedges

Recommended Posts

Mark Johnson, Towson, MD

Handicap is 6

55 and 60 degree- Callaway Mack Daddy Forged

My favorite type of wedge shot is the little close shots off a tight lie that when picked clean, will one hop and stop on a dime.

Thank you for the opportunity to apply!

Callaway XR16 10.0

Ping G 3 Wood

Ping G 4 Hybrid

Mizuno 850 JPX Forged 4-GW

Callaway MD3 56

Callaway PM 60

Ping Anser 2

Titleist ProV1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tim -- Michigan

Ping Glide 2.0 -- 54° and 58°

Favorite wedge shot(s):  flop shot over sand, and from 40 yds. in the fairway

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Ping G425 Max (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Ping G410 (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Keric Shanahan, Greenville, SC

58 degree - Vokey

54 degree - Vokey


My favorite type of wedge shot is a flop to tight pins. Hitting from the sand is a close second.

Would greatly appreciate the opportunity to try something different, been a Vokey guy for a long time. Time for a change?

Daddy Caddy

Much better caddy than player!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is going to be a great test opportunity. I’m still not 100% so not applying but am interested in following along.
Good luck guys and have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy




Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

James / California

Handicap: 5

Vokey SM6 48/54/60

Favorite wedge shot is a full swing. Super satisfying.

Taylormade SIM Driver

Titleist 915 3 wood

Taylormade M1 Hybrid

Mizuno JPX921 Tour 4-PW

Mizuno T20 50/55/60

Toulon Las Vegas

Taylormade TP5x



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adam - CA (yadadamean?)


59° - Ben Hogan Equalizer Wedge (wOOt wOOt!!)

55° - Callaway Forged ('14 or'15 I think)

51° - Callaway Forged ('14 or '15 I think)

(Thanks Gap Testing)

Favorite type of wedge shot: (Depending on the distance and slope) 59° bump and run off the fringe. Ball just inside trail foot, toe down and slightly closed with a putting stroke.. bump 25% and watch it roll out the rest of the 75%. I've practiced that shot A LOT. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Wilson PMP

80-100 yards out, hitting a low checking wedge to a back pin

  • Driver: Mizuno ST200 10.5 w/ Nippon Regio Formula MB+ 65X (backup is a Wishon 919 F/D mini driver w/ UST V2 Black 6F5)
  • Fairway Wood: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 18.5* w/ UST V2 Black 7F5
  • 4 Hybrid: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 23* w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped)
  • Irons: 5-PW Maltby TE Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped)
  • Wedge: 52* and 58* Maltby TSW Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped) and DG Wedge Flex
  • Putter: Tommy Armour Impact 3 CB
  • Bag: Shapland Stand Bag




Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kameron Pope/ IOWA

Handicap of 10.4

Current wedges are taylormade milled grind in black 54 degree & Hi toe 60 degree.

My favorite shot to play with wedges is a bump and run  

Thanks for the opportunity!!! 


I PLAY 6 days a week! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ben / Arizona


Vokey SM7 - 50F and 56S

Green side check up.

PXG Proto 9* w/ Accra 162i stiff

Callaway Epic Flash 15* 3 wood w/EvenFlow Green stiff

Callaway Epic Flash 18* 5 wood w/EvenFlow Green Stiff

Titleist 818 H1 21 and 25* hybrids with Tensei stiff shafts

Mystery MC12-12MF 5-PW w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Honma Tour World 50* with Dynamic Gold

Cleveland CBX 56* with Dynamic Gold

Toulon Stroke Lab Las Vegas putter, 33"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Create New...