TESTERS WANTED! ×

WESTWOODS ACTION ON #16 ?

TWShoot67

Just want to hear what you guys think of Lee Westwood's actions on hole number 16 after he missed a 3'-5" putt to win that hole. First he goes to scoop the ball with his putter and misses the scoop up. Then in frustration he kicks the ball off the green and in the process he scrapes up the green with his spikes. Then when he gets to his bag he throws his putter back to the bag bouncing it on the grass and off the bag. My problem is if this was TIGER WOODS, this would have been highlight material for every sports channel. I noticed that no one at all on the Golf Channel mentioned Lee Westwood's "PETULANT" behavior or his temper and lack of Golf Etiquette! I mean not a word was said by Nick Faldo or Terry Gannon about the lack of class by the WORLDS #1. I wonder if the European announcers for Sky TV went off on one of their own like they did and do at any action that they feel is a detriment to the game by Tiger Woods? Do you feel it's OK for other golfers to do as they please and only certain players are to be judged when they have outbursts? Just curious!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

rowjow... watch more golf on TV. It happens often by a LOT of players. People comment about it by Tiger because it is Tiger and they want to drag him down. Are they right to comment when he does it. Hell yes. Are they wrong to then remain silent when someone else does it. Hell yes.

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Just want to hear what you guys think of Lee Westwood's actions on hole number 16 after he missed a 3'-5" putt to win that hole. First he goes to scoop the ball with his putter and misses the scoop up. Then in frustration he kicks the ball off the green and in the process he scrapes up the green with his spikes. Then when he gets to his bag he throws his putter back to the bag bouncing it on the grass and off the bag. My problem is if this was TIGER WOODS, this would have been highlight material for every sports channel. I noticed that no one at all on the Golf Channel mentioned Lee Westwood's "PETULANT" behavior or his temper and lack of Golf Etiquette! I mean not a word was said by Nick Faldo or Terry Gannon about the lack of class by the WORLDS #1. I wonder if the European announcers for Sky TV went off on one of their own like they did and do at any action that they feel is a detriment to the game by Tiger Woods? Do you feel it's OK for other golfers to do as they please and only certain players are to be judged when they have outbursts? Just curious!

Well.... He is not world number 1 anymore ;)

Now in my bag:

TM SLDR 10.5 Deg with Matrix Ozik 6Q3 S flex

TM VSteel 15 deg 3 wood

Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 18 deg Diamana Red Board Stiff

Titleist ZB Forged Iron 3-PW DG S200 Steel Shaft

Cleveland CG15 46, 52, 56, 60 Wedges

Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

I saw it. He did not scrape up the green. He was frustrated. It was more funny than anything because he miss the ball. That missed putt cost him the match. The difference between what he did and what Tiger would do is the Tont would have dropped 20 F-bombs and a whole bunch of blasphemy. Lee said nothing. I think you are overreacting.

Everyone gets frustrated and angry... I mean its GOLF! The only reason Tiger is known for it is because every single shot he hits is televised! I can promise you every golfer on tour gets angry at some point but there not filmed every second of their round like Tiger.

Saw that incident live and remember thinking at the time "he's not happy with that!"

Bit petulant of Lee but for him this is very much a one-off.

I also don't think he scuffed/marked the green (although kicking a ball like that could have easily done so).

Tiger shows his frustrations a lot on the course - whether it's letting the club go at the top of his follow through (a habit which Anthony Kim has now adopted), slamming a club into the turf (including a driver into the tee box), or the constant swearing (which has led to broadcasters delaying so-called "live" feed of Tiger by a few seconds to dub such.

Every golfer shows frustration in some way - for some it's simply looking bewildered at the ball and then remaking the swing (think Phil), for others it's marching to the next tee box without saying a word to anyone (think Rory), some hit their club off the turf, let out a few expletives, kick the ground etc... Sadly no-one seems to on the current tour take the Happy Gilmore approach - the game's the worse for it if you ask me!

Tiger's trouble is the way he has positioned himself as a corporate machine. Public don't get the access to him that other players allow - eg Rory - I would see quite often sitting in the stands when he's home at the rugby, I've seen him at the cinema and in restaurants. I would never dream of bothering him when he's on his down-time but certainly kids will say something to him and the odd adult will wish him well, and he takes it all with a pleasant smile and always gives an answer. McDowell, Westwood, Poulter and many others from Europe seem to be the same. Not sure about Americans, if they allow this sort of access or if they remain more distant from fans.

Tiger however seems to be totally cut-off and keeps himself away from all of this. Which probably adds to the cameras that follow him. Also being the player he was/is will add to the focus. He therefore should be going beyond what other players do in setting an example; sometimes he comes across as being the worst of them!

Driver: Mizuno JPX-800 10.5 degree; stiff shaft; Golf Pride Multi-Compound

3 Wood: Taylormade R9, stiff shaft (set to NU)

Hybrid: Ping G15 17 degree; stiff graphite shaft

Irons: Mizuno JPX-800; Project X 5.5; Golf Pride Multi-Compound

Wedges: Cleveland CG12 52 (smoked finish), 56 (oilcan finish) & 60 degree (chrome finish)

Putter: Odyssey White Ice No. 1; Scotty Cameron Studio Design No. 5

I also play a set of Titleist 1980s Tour Forged Irons with regular shaft. These are excellent for practice, as is the Titliest PT 20 degree 5 wood that accompanies them.

Archived