TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Striker Planemate

2 hours ago, MadDad said:

Been using mine for a bit now too, bout a week indoors into a net. Helps with my pocket a ton. Learning the feels of staying down through impacted and really rotating through the shot

Obviously helps a bunch with getting the feel of the club shallowing.

I too am a bit concerned about the finish. When/ If you get the hang of engraining those feels and can put them into practice on a reasonable basis, it seams like you'd have to also "re-learn" a proper release on some kinds of shots

The swing "feels" like Tommy Fleetwood, but wondering if that sawed off finish is something can work consistently navigating around a course for 18 holes....

Sent from my SM-G973U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

There’s videos of Darren Clarke taking full swings with it. 

While it has you working to a “sawed off” finish anything past the point is for looks any ways. In a normal swing once you get to that point after release you just let the arms go to the top 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 12:56 PM, mr.hicksta said:

I preordered my TS Planemate last December and finally got it this week. I’ve been going through the daily protocols and really think this has the potential to help a lot of golfers. I wanted to start a thread to discuss for those who have one and for those who may be on the fence!

IMG_3466.JPG

Mr Hicksta and others using this device. I have to ask. Does this thing work?  Is your ballstriking better?  I love training aids and I have owned many over the years. Some are better than others. It has always been my feeling....whether it is real or not is up for debate....that the best aids are the ones that you can hit balls with.  Would love to hear from you guys further thoughts.   Thanks in advance. 

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

47 minutes ago, joen said:

Mr Hicksta and others using this device. I have to ask. Does this thing work?  Is your ballstriking better?  I love training aids and I have owned many over the years. Some are better than others. It has always been my feeling....whether it is real or not is up for debate....that the best aids are the ones that you can hit balls with.  Would love to hear from you guys further thoughts.   Thanks in advance. 

I think it certainly helps with the feeling of shallowing, but jury is still out on the ball striking part for me. I got mine at the preorder price of $79 and I honestly don't know if I'd buy it at the current price. But regardless of the price, I think it's easily one of the training aids available. 

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Yep this thing is the real deal. So many gimmicks out there but the pro at the local club got one and we been messing around with it. It’s not a just put on and start swinging process though so you need your own. There is a entire process you go though before your making full swings.  

21 minutes ago, SugarCooty said:

I bought one about a week ago.  Definitely could use some refining as the clip that clips to the belt is paper clip sturdy.  Whether you clip it the way they say to or the other way it will break off.  Guess I’ll try  gorilla taping back together 

I haven’t had that issue at all with mine.

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

I did a couple online lessons with Bryan Pate, who works for Martin Chuck, the designer of all of the TourStriker stiff. The lessons I did were last year, well before the Planemate came to market, but I will say, how they teach is exactly the way it looks like one should use this device. Last night I went back through the videos Bryan sent me and the drills immediately made me think of the Planemate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On 9/12/2019 at 9:41 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

There’s videos of Darren Clarke taking full swings with it. 

While it has you working to a “sawed off” finish anything past the point is for looks any ways. In a normal swing once you get to that point after release you just let the arms go to the top 

The PlaneMate makes me think of the martial arts maxim that force meets force blindly. Meeting the resistance of the band, you reach for width on the takeaway. Meeting the resistance of the band after impact, you push your hand path low and left. When the band is gone, that push takes you to a full follow through. I think it’s a brilliant invention.

11 hours ago, howellhandmade said:

The PlaneMate makes me think of the martial arts maxim that force meets force blindly. Meeting the resistance of the band, you reach for width on the takeaway. Meeting the resistance of the band after impact, you push your hand path low and left. When the band is gone, that push takes you to a full follow through. I think it’s a brilliant invention.

Interesting analogy. I watched the drill videos (but did not but one; do have a Smart Ball, tho) and Martin talks a *LOT* .. as he does in many of his other instructional vid tips .. about keeping "structure" in the arms throughout the swing, start to finish. 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

57 minutes ago, Steveigolf said:

I struggle with crossing the line at the top of my back swing and am wondering if the plane mate can help with this. Any feedback would be appreciated. 

Depending on what you do in transition across the line isn’t always a bad thing. GG has students who cross the line but shallow and rotate well to hit the ball really well.

the planemate help keep you on the line or short of it. Watch the protocols for 5-7 to see 

I see that these are sold out on Tour Strikers web site. I checked E Bay to see if anyone was dumping their used planemate. There is one on there and it is already at $250 bid. Gulp!  I should have bought ten of these and resold nine of them at a profit to pay for the one I would keep for myself.....and probably have some golfing money left over. 🤑

Right Handed. 

I just watched all the videos on their site. Is it just me that cannot see how this is a big benefit to golfers?

I noted in one part he actually hit the short shot slightly fat.

I dont see anyone (in this country) rocking up to the range with this 'girdle' on 🙄

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

49 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

I just watched all the videos on their site. Is it just me that cannot see how this is a big benefit to golfers?

I dont see anyone (in this country) rocking up to the range with this 'girdle' on 🙄

Lol. You are right. No way I would wear this thing in front of people. I would use it on my home net. Much the same as I have never seen someone wear a Swing Jacket. I do think this device has two useful features. I think it stops the inside takeaway...and I think it helps people feel the “Magic Move” of the transition.  However I have not used this device so I could be way off. I was intrigued about it by all the positive praise it has been receiving.....it must be worthwhile at some level.  

Right Handed. 

1 hour ago, perseveringgolfer said:

The fat shot is one of the reasons they recommend using a tee right. The tee takes away the concern about the ground interaction and the strike and focus is put in making the correct move. 

yes it’s probably only you that can’t see the benefit to golfers. Go on Instagram and look at David woods page or search on #planemate to see the various golfers using it and the change it’s made in their swing. Also note Darren Clarke has been using it and loves it and what it does. Rory is using and Matt Kuchar has been using it for awhile. several instructors I’ve seen using it one being Dan Carraher who has professional and high level amateurs in his stable.

55 minutes ago, joen said:

Lol. You are right. No way I would wear this thing in front of people. I would use it on my home net. Much the same as I have never seen someone wear a Swing Jacket. I do think this device has two useful features. I think it stops the inside takeaway...and I think it helps people feel the “Magic Move” of the transition.  However I have not used this device so I could be way off. I was intrigued about it by all the positive praise it has been receiving.....it must be worthwhile at some level.  

You would be surprised the number of people who do wear this at the range. I’ve taken it to the range when I first got it an had no issues wearing there or worrying about what anyone around me thought. Was there for about an hour working thru protocols 1-4.

37 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

yes it’s probably only you that can’t see the benefit to golfers. Go on Instagram and look at David woods page or search on #planemate to see the various golfers using it and the change it’s made in their swing. Also note Darren Clarke has been using it and loves it and what it does. Rory is using and Matt Kuchar has been using it for awhile. several instructors I’ve seen using it one being Dan Carraher who has professional and high level amateurs in his stable.

well there you have it, confirmation it's just me. I quite like being unique...........just like everyone else😂

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

• 3 weeks later...

I have had mine for about a month, and have mixed feelings about it. For pitches and short wedge shots, I love it. It really forces you to rotate correctly. I was pretty excited after going through the first 4 or 5 protocols. Unfortunately, once I progressed to trying to make a full swing, I didn't find it helpful at all. It seems pretty much impossible for me to make solid contact swinging full speed with it attached. My scores actually started going up after using the Planemate. I'm sure it's not the fault of the training aid, but the fault of my bad swing. I tend to swing all of my clubs long...to parallel like the driver...and it makes it difficult with the band attached. 

My next purchase was a Smart Ball a couple of weeks ago. Now THAT really helped my game a lot by helping me to swing a little shorter, more compact, and in sync. I used the Smart Ball for 2 days, then shot my best round of the season (a 76). Maybe I'll get the Planemate back out and try it with the Smart Ball. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 8.5* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 65 (6.5)

Woods: Turner H-2 3W, 5W, 7W Aldila NV 65 Stiff 

Irons: :cobra-small: King F8 6i - PW Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 3 50*, 54*, 60* Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Putter: :scotty-small: Futura 5W

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130 Cart bag

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

Rangefinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Tracker: :ShotScope: ShotScope V2 

4 hours ago, scott80109 said:

I used the Smart Ball for 2 days, then shot my best round of the season (a 76).

Nice .. congrats! 👍

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

27 minutes ago, gdiddy said:

Hi all

I saw this aid and thought wow the answer to all my faults. Then calmed down. Im a massive slider in the down swing. For those that have tried it would it help me turn not slide?

It’s going to help pretty much every swing fault. When one slides they tend to have to lean away from the target and have to flip, early extend and other things to get the club to the ball. If you don’t pivot right with this the band will let you know

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2019 at 8:03 PM, jlukes said:

Pre-ordered the plane mate. Going to be a long wait 

I pre ordered one as well.  Just went to my instructor again and I still roll the club to the inside on the takeaway despite trying not to for the past two months. Everyone talks about how this fault disappears in a very short period of time. We shall see. 

Right Handed. 

14 hours ago, joen said:

I pre ordered one as well.  Just went to my instructor again and I still roll the club to the inside on the takeaway despite trying not to for the past two months. Everyone talks about how this fault disappears in a very short period of time. We shall see. 

Interesting. One of my (many) faults also, so curious to hear your experience with it as you start using it!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

25 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Interesting. One of my (many) faults also, so curious to hear your experience with it as you start using it!

I will update once I have it in my grubby little fingers. I tried the cone drill but all that did was cause me to over exaggerate and my hands and arms drifted too far away in the backswing. This rolling problem causes my main miss so it needs to go. I fully believe that most swing faults are caused by an improper backswing, and I think that is why David Leadbetter (like him or hate him he is controversial to some) said that most golfers would do better setting up in a completed backswing position over the ball and just hitting it from that position. 

Right Handed. 

5 minutes ago, joen said:

most swing faults are caused by an improper backswing

I believe many PGA instructors .. and also Jack Nicklaus .. also agree with that view. 

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

On 10/10/2019 at 3:08 AM, perseveringgolfer said:

If i know for 100% that something would actually help me improve. I would not care what I looked like on the range while implementing. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

1 hour ago, Quigleyd said:

If i know for 100% that something would actually help me improve. I would not care what I looked like on the range while implementing. 

How would you know this?

19 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

How would you know this?

Can knock it til you try it right 

4 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

How would you know this?

I do not know that this works. I was commenting that if something did work. No matter how ridiculous it looked in use in a public setting. I would still use it.

i have no idea if this particular contraption helps or not.

Edited by Quigleyd

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0