TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Striker Planemate

OK. I am going on to day 5 of the protocols today as I got my Plane Mate on Wednesday. It is a great training aid for those who roll the club to the inside on the takeaway. I really like the motion that it ingrains on the takeaway. A mirror is a must with this device if you ask me. The one armed swings are awesome as well. I really like the pitching motion that it teaches....scores on the Sky Trak short game combine have been awesome.  I don’t know about the full swing as I haven’t progressed that far yet....but in my humble opinion the short game motion that it teaches is worth the admission price alone. 

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

19 minutes ago, joen said:

OK. I am going on to day 5 of the protocols today as I got my Plane Mate on Wednesday. It is a great training aid for those who roll the club to the inside on the takeaway. I really like the motion that it ingrains on the takeaway. A mirror is a must with this device if you ask me. The one armed swings are awesome as well. I really like the pitching motion that it teaches....scores on the Sky Trak short game combine have been awesome.  I don’t know about the full swing as I haven’t progressed that far yet....but in my humble opinion the short game motion that it teaches is worth the admission price alone. 

Agreed. About to do my day 5 protocol as well 

Being occupied with life...and completely out of touch with golf lately...I just saw these. Need to go through and read this thread but this one is intriguing. I struggle with over the top (amongst other things) and feel like his could really help.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

For the past few years I have been struggling steeping the shaft in transition.  No matter what my body would not let the club head fall behind me in transition.  After using the plane mate a couple weeks my body was finally able to feel the correct move.  After the first few weeks it has been much easier for me to work on drills that help me to not steepen the shaft in transition.  I still have a ton of practice to do but am moving in the right direction.   

If you have a flat back swing and then steepen the shaft in transition this is a good training aid.  It is pricey but about the cost of two lessons.  There is no way a pro would have been able to stop this fault in my swing in the first two sessions.  

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

On 10/9/2019 at 7:40 PM, Steveigolf said:

I struggle with crossing the line at the top of my back swing and am wondering if the plane mate can help with this. Any feedback would be appreciated. 

Yes, but as George Gankas teaches across the line isn’t always a problem if one shallows correctly ala Matt Wolff.

anyone can watch the first 7 protocols on the a website free so you can check out the last few

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

This thing is legit. Only have used it for about 2 weeks now but the impact it has already had on my chipping is incredible. 
If that is the only impact it has I will have gotten my moneys worth but I can see that how the benefits will translate into longer shots as I continue to progress with it. 

I’m taking lessons from one of Chuck’s Pros and what they teach is exactly the motion of the Planemate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

9 hours ago, PMookie said:

I’m taking lessons from one of Chuck’s Pros and what they teach is exactly the motion of the Planemate.

Yeah the plane mate is fantastic is because it provides instant feedback if you are out of position or flipping at impact. First training aid that has provided noticeable improvement without an instructor 

Yeah the plane mate is fantastic is because it provides instant feedback if you are out of position or flipping at impact. First training aid that has provided noticeable improvement without an instructor 

Are the lessons you’re taking coinciding with the planemate movement? The coach I saw in New Orleans had me swinging much more upright than what the planemate would match, or how Bryan is coaching me now. Much more rotation now vs before.

9 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Are the lessons you’re taking coinciding with the planemate movement? The coach I saw in New Orleans had me swinging much more upright than what the planemate would match, or how Bryan is coaching me now. Much more rotation now vs before.

Yup. Steeper backswing. Shallowing out club in transition and heavy rotation with low hands through to the finish 

Bought one, but its backordered until end of March.  This should help with exactly what I've been struggling with the last few years. 

:callaway-small: Paradym 9 degree Driver

:wilson-small: DYNAPWR 3 wood

:callaway-small: Apex 21  PW-4 Iron

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:vokey-small: SM6 62 Degree   

:EVNROLL: ER2 Putter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I broke down and ordered one today, will be here next Tuesday.

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

• 4 weeks later...

I have had mine for about three weeks and figured I'd share my initial thoughts..

Typical Issues:

- Getting off plane at top of back swing, typically close to crossing the line.

- Weak flair right because of hands taking over and "flipping wrists" -- will also get hands "high" at contact

PlaneMate Thoughts:

- 100% helps with takeaway of the club - I feel like I am on plane without thought at the top now

- Immediate feedback if you get hands high and flip wrists. Love the feedback here. My swing coach preaches swinging "low & left" through contact and it has always been a hard feeling for me to trust.

- Definitely helps with continued rotation through impact.

After using it for a few sessions, went out and shot a career best 74. Playing partners made the comment that they didn't see me hit a shot offline all day, and I'm typically good for at least a few of those wild shots. The swing changes are still setting in, as I played the day after my 74 and my swing felt all out of sorts. Overall, definitely the best training aid I have seen, and with continued use and practice, will help many golfers.

Driver:     image.png.4b2e2de291c6e3e8a5ad94e9f2919ba6.png Mavrik SZ - GD XC-7X

3 Wood:   image.png.fa4b3f2cf297aab0430b504772faa7d2.png Taylormade SIM - GD AD-DI 7X

Hybrids:  image.png.4b2e2de291c6e3e8a5ad94e9f2919ba6.png Apex 20* - GD AD-DI 95X

Irons:      image.png.4b2e2de291c6e3e8a5ad94e9f2919ba6.png  Apex Pro '19 - DG X100 4-PW

Wedges: image.png.4554f4063a75fadd669e2b2fd26101d8.png SM7

Putter:     Spider X Chalk

Ball:         ProV1

11 hours ago, jlukes said:

I still can't get over how fast it transformed my chipping and pitching. 

I might have to get one for that single reason.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

33 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I might have to get one for that single reason.  

You will not be sorry!

And no, I am not a paid sponsor!  Lol!

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

I thought hmm, maybe I'll try one since we have so much time on our hands now. Guess that's out the window:

image.png.bb803a6931b196e59241b1320995a047.png

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I gotta wait a bit before buying this. Had to order a new net today since I’ve almost taken out a couple cars and houses!
Bummed.

...this thing has me really intrigued. especially after watching the TXG video.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

...this thing has me really intrigued. especially after watching the TXG video.

It's legit.

It is the only training aid I've used that 

1) Provides a feeling when you are making the wrong movements

2) Provides a feeling when you are making the right movements

3) Comes with videos/protocols that show you how to use the training aid properly and how to practice to start making the right movements

22 hours ago, yungkory said:

I thought hmm, maybe I'll try one since we have so much time on our hands now. Guess that's out the window:

image.png.bb803a6931b196e59241b1320995a047.png

I was looking around knowing it was sold out everywhere.   They are selling for $400-$500 on ebay.   I'll just wait until June timeframe.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'd love to try one of these out but also saw the backorder status on tourstriker.com.  It's funny that some brand new ones are selling for $300-$400 on eBay but if you look at the sold listings there are normal $150 sales sprinkled in there from March as well.  Guess I'll keep trying eBay and hope they come in stock a little sooner since things seem to be clearing up in China now.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

I placed my order back on February 11, and received it on the 17th. At the time the site said it was back ordered.  Anyway, circumstances have certainly changed since then. Courses are closed for who knows how long here, so I should really do more with it than I have now that my golf time won’t be used on the course.

My experience with the planemate so far has been quite good, but limited.  In the five weeks I’ve owned it, I’ve worn it maybe a total of 2.5 hours, including a 45 minute session in a Trackman simulator bay.  I have also played six rounds or so in that time, and have equaled my personal best low score at my home course, and three others were within a few shots. Furthermore, that personal best round closed with a bogey, triple. Ugh.  For February and March, these scores don’t happen for me.  My low scores come in August and September.

Personally, there was a lot of low hanging fruit.  The basic protocols have really improved my game from 150 in. I can take a five (let’s say) iron, swing it halfway to halfway, and chase a shot up onto the green (or close and not in trouble) that doesn’t get more than 10 feet off the ground from anywhere now. I used to have lots of trouble turning that shot over and hooking it into fescue and trees.  Chipping and pitching doesn’t cause uncertainty.  I approach the shot confident that whatever shot I choose, I’ll make clean contact and start it on my chosen line. I used to feel very defensive in the short game. 

Like someone who reads the last chapter first, I did try the full swing protocols without mastering the early stuff. Full confession, I stink at the one handed shots. I have lots of difficulty still with the top hand (right cause I’m righty) crossing over the bottom on my follow through, around waist high, causing the band to wrap around me. Makes me feel completely uncoordinated.  It’s a process and I guess I’ll have to follow it. Now I have the time.

This product has been very helpful to me personally. It has helped me with shallowing out the downswing, sequencing, maintaining spine angle, and hip rotation throughout the swing.  On the trackman, the results have been a much smaller delta between my club path and face angle at impact.  That equals straighter shots. 

Cheers everyone.

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

• 4 weeks later...

I have had mine for two weeks now... It has been the best thing I have ever done for my golf game. 

I am actually going to see Martin Chuck tomorrow for a 1 on 1. First time ever going somewhere for a "lesson" or seeking out some kind of swing coach. We'll see what happens!

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 - Accra TZ6 M5

:ping-small: G410 LST Fairway 14.5 - Tensei Orange X

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 3H - Tensei White TX

:mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL 4-PW - Modus 120 X

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/56M 

:taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58

:taylormade-small: Spider X

:Snell: MTB-X

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

So I've got a little reputation around here for hacking together homemade versions of golf gear. I wanted to do a Plane Mate, I really did. But I couldn't come up with a way to do so that would have enough quality to be really trustworthy and usable.

So this happened:

Screenshot_20200509-070721.png

Haha you're going to really enjoy it. Knowing what you struggle with I think it's really going to help you. The only training aid that not only tells you're doing something wrong, but also helps you correct and get in the right positions. 

I've definitely experimented with an "imaginary" Plane Mate (might not work for everyone, to be sure), and I can see the enormous difference even with that.

Let me ask this: what impact, if any, did using the Plane Mate have on your distances? What I found over the winter is that a "good" swing tended to be shorter, often much shorter, than my normal one. I'd expect that, over time, speed with the improved swing would return, but it was a little alarming how much it fell off for me.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

9 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I've definitely experimented with an "imaginary" Plane Mate (might not work for everyone, to be sure), and I can see the enormous difference even with that.

Let me ask this: what impact, if any, did using the Plane Mate have on your distances? What I found over the winter is that a "good" swing tended to be shorter, often much shorter, than my normal one. I'd expect that, over time, speed with the improved swing would return, but it was a little alarming how much it fell off for me.

My iron and wedge distance went up a little because it's help me stop flipping. Thus, I'm presenting less dynamic loft and getting a more ideal trajectory.  

I would expect that, along with better rotation, would lead to so increased speed for you